Buffy Season 8 Comic series

Have you READ season 8 yet?
No
It is actually really good, despite (or maybe because of?) the lack of good-guy Vampires with souls.
Good! You are naming all the reasons why it's bad.

Also, I doubt they will go very long without bringing Spike and/or Angel into the story.
Angel or Spike won't be in Buffy. They're fighting a demon war in ANGEL:After the Fall.

Mostly, I want to see the look on their faces when they find out about the joke Andrew played on them concerning the Immortal.
Andrew, isn't he part of that pack of nerds trying to kill Buffy. They aren't demon....they just nerds. What's so interesting about that?

Last edited:
No Good! You are naming all the reasons why it's bad.

Angel or Spike won't be in Buffy. They're fighting a demon war in ANGEL:After the Fall.

Andrew, isn't he part of that pack of nerds trying to kill Buffy. They aren't demon....they just nerds. What's so interesting about that?

You are so ignorant it hurts.

Or maybe it's just:
the reason you don't like the comic it that it use big words that you don't understand, therefore you don't understand what is going on.

You are so ignorant it hurts.

Or maybe it's just:
the reason you don't like the comic it that it use big words that you don't understand, therefore you don't understand what is going on.
I understand what going on. Buffy is going down hill. Buffy used to be awesome. Back in the day, when Buffy was an kick-*** demon slayer. Now she just a babysitter with gay friends. Jeez, Angel is the only person kicking some demon butts.

Last edited:
I'd argue, but it won't do any good.

We can just agree to be tolerant of each other's opinions, and not threadjack this into an Angel vs. Buffy thread.

Now get out of this thread and go chat about how awesome Angel is in his thread. I'll join you there.

I understand what going on. Buffy is going down hill. Buffy used to be awesome. Back in the day, when Buffy was an kick-*** demon slayer. Now she just a babysitter with gay friends. Jeez, Angel is the only person kicking some demon butts.

No. You really don't.

Buffy defeated the First Evil and DESTROYED the Hellmouth. Don't tell me about how she's just a "baby-sitter". And now she leads an ARMY of Slayers. You fail.

Last edited:
I gotta say - I stopped reading Buffy after the first arc.

I think the last tolerable season (ignoring the odd episode here and there) was 5. After that - I dunno. It lost a lot of its appeal for me, and the comic didn't do much.

I don't think Buffy should be in charge of an army of slayers. And the 'babysitting' comment I think is very appropriate in terms of season 7 (though, again, I only read the first 4? issues of season 8 and was just bored).

I gotta say - I stopped reading Buffy after the first arc.

I think the last tolerable season (ignoring the odd episode here and there) was 5. After that - I dunno. It lost a lot of its appeal for me, and the comic didn't do much.

I don't think Buffy should be in charge of an army of slayers. And the 'babysitting' comment I think is very appropriate in terms of season 7 (though, again, I only read the first 4? issues of season 8 and was just bored).

And here, I thought seasons 4 and 5 were weaker than seasons 6 and 7. And why don't you think she should lead an army of Slayers? I love that aspect!

Last edited:
Because... I think the real heart of Buffy, what makes it so lovable, is that this girl is at night, saving Sunnydale from a monster, but during the day, has to go to Chemistry class.

A lot of the draw, a lot of the emotional power of the show came from her trying to cram for exams, or go to the prom, or get a job, or make sure Thanksgiving goes on okay.

But all that disappears if she's a slayer 24/7. In THE WISH (the episode where Cordelia wishes for Buffy to have never come to Sunnydale), Buffy is this super slayer who is very militaristic. It was a nice change for an episode, but to see her fully become that - I dunno. To me, it lost its appeal. At least in season 4 she was at college and had that wonderful episode with Sunday and the roommate from Hell.

I think season 6 had a great ending, but as a 'season', I don't think 6 or 7 hang nearly well enough compared to 3 and 4.

Because... I think the real heart of Buffy, what makes it so lovable, is that this girl is at night, saving Sunnydale from a monster, but during the day, has to go to Chemistry class.

A lot of the draw, a lot of the emotional power of the show came from her trying to cram for exams, or go to the prom, or get a job, or make sure Thanksgiving goes on okay.

But all that disappears if she's a slayer 24/7. In THE WISH (the episode where Cordelia wishes for Buffy to have never come to Sunnydale), Buffy is this super slayer who is very militaristic. It was a nice change for an episode, but to see her fully become that - I dunno. To me, it lost its appeal. At least in season 4 she was at college and had that wonderful episode with Sunday and the roommate from Hell.

I think season 6 had a great ending, but as a 'season', I don't think 6 or 7 hang nearly well enough compared to 3 and 4.

It's hard to beat seasons 1-3. Season 3 was the epitome of the show. Easily the best villain, the introduction of Faith, senior of high school, including the awesome prom and graduation episodes.

However, I liked the show after that. Her becoming the Slayer 24/7 was an evolution of her character. It's sort of like the debate with Spider-Man. Does he stay a teen in high school or does he grow up? It's all personal opinion, though.

They painted themselves into a corner by creating Dawn and killing Joyce. All of a sudden Buffy goes from normal college student who happens to be the Slayer (the natural extension of normal high school student who happens to be the Slayer) to being substitute parent to an annoying teenager. Completely wrong direction. From this point forward Buffy's character arc is entirely about protecting Dawn, dealing with the depression that naturally occurs when you spend time with Dawn, and falling for Spike. The end of Season 5 and Seasons 6 & 7 were casualties of this poor decision. The show was never as good as it was before this.

That said, I picked up the first trade for Season 8 and for the most part I enjoyed it. But mostly because of Xander Harris playing the role of Nick Fury. I'm still not a huge fan of the Slayer army, but it works better so far in the comic than it ever did in the show.

No. You really don't.

Buffy defeated the First Evil and DESTROYED the Hellmouth. Don't tell me about how she's just a "baby-sitter". And now she leads an ARMY of Slayers. You fail.
Obvious I do. Buffy was killed when she saved Dawn from her death. The fact that they bought her back, when Faith is still a slayer is just a bad idea. How many slayers do we need? Buffy should've remain dead and had Faith become the main slayer.

Last edited:
Obvious I do. Buffy was killed when she saved Dawn from her death. The fact that they bought her back, when Faith is still a slayer is just a bad idea. How many slayers do we need? Buffy should've remain dead and had Faith become the main slayer.

Buffy died in the first season. Faith was in jail. What's your point, exactly?

If you had even watched season 7 you would know that Andrew isn't 'just a nerd'.

Obviously you have never looked into the meaning of the villains they throw out, for example the whole theme of season 6 was related to real life, and how all those little things become so important and life altering. Hence the nerds, pathetic little dweebs, becoming a major threat.

Now she just a babysitter with gay friends

and the fact that she has gay friends is relevant to your negative opinion of the show how exactly?

Last edited:
It's hard to beat seasons 1-3. Season 3 was the epitome of the show. Easily the best villain, the introduction of Faith, senior of high school, including the awesome prom and graduation episodes.

However, I liked the show after that. Her becoming the Slayer 24/7 was an evolution of her character. It's sort of like the debate with Spider-Man. Does he stay a teen in high school or does he grow up? It's all personal opinion, though.

Yeah - I really think it's exactly like Spider-Man and I think the reason Spidey falls out of favour every 10 years is because everyone forgets what makes him work despite continually going on about how "Peter Parker is the reason Spider-Man works". They say that, but have no ****ing clue what it means, as we are witness to repeatedly.

But that's for another topic.

They painted themselves into a corner by creating Dawn and killing Joyce. All of a sudden Buffy goes from normal college student who happens to be the Slayer (the natural extension of normal high school student who happens to be the Slayer) to being substitute parent to an annoying teenager. Completely wrong direction. From this point forward Buffy's character arc is entirely about protecting Dawn, dealing with the depression that naturally occurs when you spend time with Dawn, and falling for Spike. The end of Season 5 and Seasons 6 & 7 were casualties of this poor decision. The show was never as good as it was before this.

Totally agree.

That said - I like the idea of making it so that they 'activate' the slayer 'gene' and make loads of girls slayers. I think it's a great idea.

In fact, during season 3 I had an idea for an episode I tried to send into FOX (never got anywhere) where a woman kidnaps Buffy and begins to torture her to death - then resuscitates her and does it again. The scoobies try to find Buffy and Buffy is absolutely traumatised and this woman never says why she's doing it. It turns out this woman is trying to make a Slayer army by killing Buffy, having another slayer rise, then bringing her back to life and doing it again and again and again. Giles has to then break it to her that the plan doesn't work because Buffy died and called Kendra, next in line. Who died, calling Faith. To do her plan, she'd have to find Faith, kill Faith, bring her back, find the next on and so on - her task was impossible. I never really got too far into the plot, but I liked the idea and was glad to see it used, in some fashion, as the season finale.

Yeah - I really think it's exactly like Spider-Man and I think the reason Spidey falls out of favour every 10 years is because everyone forgets what makes him work despite continually going on about how "Peter Parker is the reason Spider-Man works". They say that, but have no ****ing clue what it means, as we are witness to repeatedly.

But that's for another topic.
It may be for another topic, but you are very correct.
Totally agree.
Let's just take turns agreeing with each other.
That said - I like the idea of making it so that they 'activate' the slayer 'gene' and make loads of girls slayers. I think it's a great idea.
I don't really dislike it except I think they're painting themselves into another corner. 1 slayer stopped 7 or 8 potential world ending threats. What could possibly stand against an army of them? How long before they wipe out every potential threat to humanity? Bad guys make or break a series like this. What bad guy is a legitimate threat to the world now?
In fact, during season 3 I had an idea for an episode I tried to send into FOX (never got anywhere) where a woman kidnaps Buffy and begins to torture her to death - then resuscitates her and does it again. The scoobies try to find Buffy and Buffy is absolutely traumatised and this woman never says why she's doing it. It turns out this woman is trying to make a Slayer army by killing Buffy, having another slayer rise, then bringing her back to life and doing it again and again and again. Giles has to then break it to her that the plan doesn't work because Buffy died and called Kendra, next in line. Who died, calling Faith. To do her plan, she'd have to find Faith, kill Faith, bring her back, find the next on and so on - her task was impossible. I never really got too far into the plot, but I liked the idea and was glad to see it used, in some fashion, as the season finale.
Now that is a Slayer army story I actually like.

Last edited:
I don't really dislike it except I think they're painting themselves into another corner. 1 slayer stopped 7 or 8 potential world ending threats. What could possibly stand against an army of them? How long before they wipe out every potential threat to humanity? Bad guys make or break a series like this. What bad guy is a legitimate threat to the world now?

Everything has the proportionate scale of plot.

One troll in THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING can kill Frodo and take on the entire fellowship.

An trio of Trolls in THE RETURN OF THE KING can't be killed by Gandalf pointing his staff at them.

At the beginning of SUPERMAN RETURNS, he has hassle lifting an airplane. At the end he can lift a continent into space - that's made of kryptonite - with kryptonite stabbed into his back.

At the beginning of ACTION FORCE (I mean "G.I.JOE") THE MOVIE Cobra-La royal guard can kick the crap out of every Forcer (Joe) in the movie - EVEN SNAKE EYES. At the end of the film, JINX AND FALCON can beat them up with a single punch.

The first time we meet a 'true vampire' in Buffy's seventh season, it's impossi-mortal (impossibly immortal). Yet in the finale, people who've been slayers for 30 seconds can take on an entire civilisation of them.

Proportional scale of plot.

Now that is a Slayer army story I actually like.

Why thank ya.

I had a whole bunch of ideas for that show - and for Angel.

Angel was the scariest - I swear, I hadn't got to the episode where Doyle dies yet and I came up with half a dozen ideas - EACH ONE BECAME THE FOCUS OF AN ENTIRE SEASON.

I AM ONE WITH THE SHOW.

One troll in THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING can kill Frodo and take on the entire fellowship.

An trio of Trolls in THE RETURN OF THE KING can't be killed by Gandalf pointing his staff at them.

At the beginning of SUPERMAN RETURNS, he has hassle lifting an airplane. At the end he can lift a continent into space - that's made of kryptonite - with kryptonite stabbed into his back.

At the beginning of ACTION FORCE (I mean "G.I.JOE") THE MOVIE Cobra-La royal guard can kick the crap out of every Forcer (Joe) in the movie - EVEN SNAKE EYES. At the end of the film, JINX AND FALCON can beat them up with a single punch.

The first time we meet a 'true vampire' in Buffy's seventh season, it's impossi-mortal (impossibly immortal). Yet in the finale, people who've been slayers for 30 seconds can take on an entire civilisation of them.

It's funny, but with the exception of the LotR references all of those things annoyed because they didn't make sense. And I'm sure the LotR stuff would have annoyed me if I didn't already hate those movies.
Why thank ya.

Angel was the scariest - I swear, I hadn't got to the episode where Doyle dies yet and I came up with half a dozen ideas - EACH ONE BECAME THE FOCUS OF AN ENTIRE SEASON.

I AM ONE WITH THE SHOW.
There are worse things to be one with. Dawson's Creek comes to mind.

I like that because it gives a physical representation of the Character's growth and is a bit more realistic. I mean after you've killed so many vampires, logically, it should become easier almost second

Yet in the finale, people who've been slayers for 30 seconds can take on an entire civilisation of them.
But that's wrong, the interesting idea with an army of slayers is that they are all inexperience at it. That's a good direction in a Slayer army centered story
Why thank ya.

I AM ONE WITH THE SHOW.
That's why they call you the Nexus

Latest posts

Back