Buzzscope gives preview of Ultimate X-Men 61!

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
3,012
Location
Between Heaven and Hell
Buzzscope gives preview of Ultimate X-Men 61

Buzzcope.com is offering a two page preview of Ultimate X-Men 61, as well as the regular and variant cover. The issue is set to hit stores tomorrow, July 13th.

From the original solicitation:

ULTIMATE X-MEN #61

COVER BY: Stuart Immonen
WRITER: Brian Vaughan
PENCILS: Stuart Immonen
INKS: Wade von Grawbadger

THE STORY: "MAGNETIC NORTH" Part 1 (of 5)
Ultimate Starts Month sends Emma Frost, Alex Summers and the X-Men's greatest enemy into an epic new storyline! When teenage mutant Lorna Dane accidentally commits a horrific crime, will the X-Men protect her, or leave her to the fury of S.H.I.E.L.D.?
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...

IN STORES: 07-13-2005
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
3,012
Location
Between Heaven and Hell
So Mystique has at least existed as a human. Now we need to know if she is the cat or not.
It seems like we will get some explanation to past stories in this issue or it might just be an attempt to get some over all connection between the arcs. We will see tomorrow :D
 

Friday

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2004
Messages
8,903
Location
Washington, PA
So who thinks that the "Favor" to Nick Fury was the kid from the middle of Blockbuster? Or, having not read the Deathstrike issues, am I completly off?
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Damn Xavier gets around!!!!!


And that favor, it's defitnely about the boy. No doubt about it. Vaughan really IS connecting the other writers' arcs, alright. cant wait until tomorrow!
 

jtg3885

Banned
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
2,940
Location
Connecticut
Angel still looks totally weird on that variant cover, and what the heck is up with Scott and the baseball cap?
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,818
Location
Philadelphia, PA
Wow, in the first two pages, we cover a lot of bases... This is Vaughan at his finest! How he can fit so much into these pages is beyond me and it is something that I really admire what he does as a writer.

A few things...

It's pretty peculiar Xavier is going to name a cat after his "ex"-girlfriend. Perhaps Mystique and Xavier are still romantically involved and, to keep the media at bay, she remains as a cat. Xavier does his thing by mentally blocking his students from figuring it out, too, because 1.) Jean could detect it with her powers and 2.) Wolverine could smell another mutant from a mile away. Perhaps this could also be the person that was talking to Jean at the end of Blockbuster... Since Xavier and Jean have an odd relationship; it's likely he would tell Jean about the skeletons in his closet.

Also, the favor that Wolverine did for Fury is very obviously what happened in the second issue of New Mutants. Wolverine obviously regretted it then and definitely now. I think this should prove to be an interesting twist, Xavier finding out about it and everything. What Wolverine did is against Xavier's ideals. There's going to be trouble.

Awesome explanation as to what happened to Deathstrike. I wouldn't have minded if it was left open ended, but it was a good seg-way into the Wolverine/Fury alliance.

Very cool... I'm finished stepping in as Ourchair and going on forever :) so I'm out.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Goodwill said:
It's pretty peculiar Xavier is going to name a cat after his "ex"-girlfriend. Perhaps Mystique and Xavier are still romantically involved and, to keep the media at bay, she remains as a cat. Xavier does his thing by mentally blocking his students from figuring it out, too, because 1.) Jean could detect it with her powers and 2.) Wolverine could smell another mutant from a mile away. Perhaps this could also be the person that was talking to Jean at the end of Blockbuster... Since Xavier and Jean have an odd relationship; it's likely he would tell Jean about the skeletons in his closet.
I can totally see that happening, as a better way and story of him not telling him about Mystique like in X-Men: Evolution.
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,818
Location
Philadelphia, PA
Well, it would turn Xavier's character on his ears, but it's totally cool. It would prove that he's all business and stuff like that and doesn't care to grow as a person by having these kids phase his life. We'll see what happens with that. I don't get your reference to X-Men Evolution, but that's because I didn't follow it religiously but, yeah, it could be. :)
 

jtg3885

Banned
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
2,940
Location
Connecticut
Goodwill said:
Also, the favor that Wolverine did for Fury is very obviously what happened in the second issue of New Mutants. Wolverine obviously regretted it then and definitely now. I think this should prove to be an interesting twist, Xavier finding out about it and everything. What Wolverine did is against Xavier's ideals. There's going to be trouble.
Erm, what did you expect Wolverine to do to that kid? You think Xavier didn't order it? Kid wiped out an entire town. Something had to be done.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Joined
Jul 24, 2004
Messages
43,800
Location
The World of Icelandia.
Goodwill said:
Well, it would turn Xavier's character on his ears, but it's totally cool. It would prove that he's all business and stuff like that and doesn't care to grow as a person by having these kids phase his life. We'll see what happens with that. I don't get your reference to X-Men Evolution, but that's because I didn't follow it religiously but, yeah, it could be. :)
Well, what I was saying was that there Xavier knew about Mystique being the kids HS principal, but never told them about it until they found out the truth about her. Here, if Mystique really is the cat, Xavier of course knows about it (if he had something to do with it, of course), and hasnt told about the truth about the cat to the X-Men. Of course, there are a lot of huge differences, but what Im saying is similar, is that Xavier has this secret that he hasnt told anyone, and it is possible of posing a danger to the group.


Hope that clears it.
 

airjavier31

Active Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
30
Is it just me or are the drawings of wolvie absolutely terrible? Compared to the art from the other ultimate titles, it looks like there isn't too much detail put into the hair and face. I dunno maybe it's just me
 

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
Joined
May 27, 2004
Messages
17,832
Location
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Ultimate Warrior said:
So Mystique has at least existed as a human.

Or a mutant.

Baxter said:
So who thinks that the "Favor" to Nick Fury was the kid from the middle of Blockbuster?

Good call, most likely.

airjavier31 said:
Is it just me or are the drawings of wolvie absolutely terrible? Compared to the art from the other ultimate titles, it looks like there isn't too much detail put into the hair and face. I dunno maybe it's just me

Yeah, the art is a little awkward, maybe it won't be noticeable in the next few issues.
 

Goodwill

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
12,818
Location
Philadelphia, PA
jtg3885 said:
Erm, what did you expect Wolverine to do to that kid? You think Xavier didn't order it? Kid wiped out an entire town. Something had to be done.

I never actually said that I thought it wasn't necessary. I said that perhaps Xavier thought he had enough power to change things around if given the chance. Personally, I do think Wolverine had to do it, but I'm not a person whose ideals are very close to Ghandi's in the respect that no lives should be taken even considering certain consequences. Of course, if this was how Xavier thought, why would he have Colossus kill his own son? Maybe I just cornered myself, but it's obvious that Xavier has a problem with Wolverine killing the child or rather him working for Fury on the side.
 

Latest posts

Top