Buzzscope previews 2 pages from Ultimate Extinction #1

chanzero

Buzzscope has released a cover-shot and two preview pages from Ultimate Extinction #1, cited as coming from Marvel Previews 27.

The issue, due to be released in January, next year is solicited as folows;

ULTIMATE EXTINCTION #1 (of 5)
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Pencils & Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
It's time for the coming of Gah Lak Tus! And his arrival could mean the end of all life on this planet! Not even the power of S.H.I.E.L.D or the brilliance of Fantastic Four leader Reed Richards seems able to stop its inexorable march to Earth. What role do the Ultimate X-Men have in this drama? And who on Earth is Misty Knight and how does she know the fate of our world may rest with—Ultimate Silver Surfer?
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP...$2.99
In Stores: 01-11-2006

Images are available at Buzzscope

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: ultimate extinction #1 preview pages

Lol, what were you expecting for a preview two and a half months early?

So, these gals are also 616 characters? Man...

This doesn't tell us much does it? It looks good, though.

Heh, it'd be pretty funny if the whole series was just a rehash of old Pam Grier movies and then in like, the last five pages of #5 Gah Lak Tus lands and the just blows up and there's a letter from Ellis that says "You waited two years to see this, now don't you feel dumb? GO BUY TRANSMET!"

TheManWithoutFear said:
Thanks Chanzero!

It's about time we got something else besides the cover.

:D....

MoonDragon and Misty Knight, cool.

....:?....

... :-|.....

.... :arrgh:

That's it!?
Yeah, thats what I thought. Oh, and I'll reformat this as a news post too

Hey, which is Misty Knight, the black chick or Kojac?

EDIT : Okay, nevermind, she's the black one. Thank you Google. But man, some of these characters are pretty obscure. They might as well invent new ones instead.

Last edited:

E.Vi.L. said:
Hey, which is Misty Knight, the black chick or Kojac?
You win at political correctness for the day. She's the black girl. Moondragon, which is who MWOF things the bald girl is, was bald there for some obscure reason.

She indeed looks like a riff on a Pam Grier character (like Entropy hinted). She looks cool from the little info I got from the net. If she had a bionic arm as in 616, she must be tied to one of the few super science source in UU, most likely Stark or SHIELD.

Reading up on Moondragon, she was associated with all kind of wacky interstellar stories. So I guess it makes sense to have her involved with that Ga Lak Tus story. But she looks black too (By the pic in Wikipedia) or at least mixed while the bald girl in the preview is clearly white. I can see UU turning a 616 character from white to black (like Fury) but not the other way around. There just isn't enough non WASP UU characters for that.

Last edited:

Well, however she is, it's likely that she just assassinated someone in the previous page.

She shoots someone, Misty bends through the window to see what's going on, spots her, action scene ensue. Weee.

Seriously, I'm intrigued. This story was headed full throttle into high powered heroics and at the beginning of the next arc it looks like they bring it back (for a time) to a street level thriller.

Rhyo said:
Lol, what were you expecting for a preview two and a half months early?

It's been 2 1/2 months (or so) since they announced the artist...I would think (assuming he jumped right on the book since the cover was done) that #1 would be done, maybe #2 also.

I'm almost positive the bald chick is SS. Especially since there's no mention of Moondragon in the solicits.

Lynx said:
I'm almost positive the bald chick is SS. Especially since there's no mention of Moondragon in the solicits.
Who says there has to be for her to be in it? :sure:

And why would SS need a gun?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back