Buzzscope Previews The Ultimates 2 #9

Re: Buzzscope Preveiws The Ultimates 2 #9

icemastertron said:
I believe that DB had it worked out that this is during the '6 week' break the Ultimates had between issues 6 and 7.
The Treskillion gets destroyed and rebuilt and no-one mentions it? How very Ultimates.

Guijllons said:
What I think is scary is that the reserves have become this overwhelming force overnight.

This is true...

But if I recall six weeks prior to #7 Fury had plans to balloon the reserves to 26 members, and I would think by #9 this would've been achieved. That said, we don't know just how many reserves there are - but I agree. From the look of the preview, I found it a tad excessive - but the pages are obviously out of order. We'll see.

As for the eye - I reckon it's Jack from Lost.

Or one of the soldiers dead in the wreckage of the Triskelion.

I'm putting my money on that the wreckage is a crashed helicarrier.
And can't someone fix the spelling in the first post and the thread title?

There's a lot more than 26 jumping out of them thar planes. I'd be very interested to hear Fury's justification for it. Perhaps the attacks on the Ultimates are his justification.

Ultimate Warrior said:
I'm putting my money on that the wreckage is a crashed helicarrier.
And can't someone fix the spelling in the first post and the thread title?
It was bugging me too :D

Guijllons said:
There's a lot more than 26 jumping out of them thar planes. I'd be very interested to hear Fury's justification for it. Perhaps the attacks on the Ultimates are his justification.

I just looked at again, and there's 22 - until you notice all the other helicopters. Either there's like 50+ of them, or SHIELD enjoy dropping people to their deaths.

Also, UW, there is definately a helicarrier in the wreckage, but the fact there is so much wreckage would indicate that there is more than just the helicarrier, and considering the cover for #10, it's a good bet it's the Triskelion.

Bass said:
Also, UW, there is definately a helicarrier in the wreckage, but the fact there is so much wreckage would indicate that there is more than just the helicarrier, and considering the cover for #10, it's a good bet it's the Triskelion.
OK. THAT I can buy. I was just hoping that the destruction of the Triskelion would be the cliffhanger of issue 9. Oh well.

Guijllons said:
It was bugging me too :D

The only thing that bugged me was the way you spell The Triskelion.

TheManWithoutFear said:
That eye in the first page looks strangely like Lieberman's.... :twisted:

I swear I had the same reaction. The Skull awakens.

John Q. Public said:
I swear I had the same reaction. The Skull awakens.

Shouldn't the Red Skull be... ya know... RED instead of green?

I know, I'm so literal sometimes...

Last edited:
thee great one said:
It looks promising. Scarlet Witch actually looks hot for once in this book.
Great! We see a mysterious close-up of a BLOODSHOTeye; we see SHIELD deploy a crack team of paramilitary super-humans; we see the smouldering wreckage of the Trisk' and/or a Helicarrier; we see a panicked response from some of the worl's most powerful heroes; and the first thing you remark on is how much better Wanda looks. (Well, she does. But that's beside the point.)

For what it's worth, I doubt there's any way this can tie in with the events in UXM, only because it's never once been mentioned in U2 that Magneto is under SHIELD custody.

Millar often expects readers to have a working familiarity with 616 to fully appreciate his Ultimate owrk (particularly on UFF), but not once has a made it a requirement to understand the events of other Ultimate titles to appreciate Ultimates, and I don't think he's about to start doing so right now.

Last edited:
compound said:
For what it's worth, I doubt there's any way this can tie in with the events in UXM, only because it's never once been mentioned in U2 that Magneto is under SHIELD custody..

Beside, continuity wise, Cap is still part of the team during Magneto's escape in UXM.

So if Mag is responsible for that destruction in Ultimate 9, it's a third event distinct from his assault in Ultimate War and escape in UXM. I really, really don't think that, like coumpound said, Magneto will pop up out of nowhere in Ultimate to mess up the Triskelion a third time. There's gotta be other stories to tell!

PS : Coumpound, Magneto isn't explicitly mentionned in the Ultimates but he is present in an indirect manner. His attack on the White house is th reason for the creation of the Ultimates. In issue 4, Larry King questions Tony Stark about the value of spending 50 billion on just on the Triskelion while there has been only one notable super villain attack in american history. Obviously a reference to the Magneto attack on Washington. I would have liked a more direct reference, but hey, that's what we got.

Latest posts

Back