Buzzscope Previews The Ultimates 2 #9

Re: Buzzscope Preveiws The Ultimates 2 #9

ProjectX2 said:
The only thing that bugged me was the way you spell The Triskelion.
You know, I knew I was spelling it wrong each time but was far too lazy to look for the correct spelling. You know when you get used to mispronouncing a word.
Lesson learnt.

E.Vi.L. said:
In issue 4, Larry King questions Tony Stark about the value of spending 50 billion on just on the Triskelion while there has been only one notable super villain attack in american history. Obviously a reference to the Magneto attack on Washington. I would have liked a more direct reference, but hey, that's what we got.
Oh snap! I'd honestly thought it was a reference to either the Hulk rampage or the Chitauri invasion, since either one could have been consdiered a "notable supervillain attack". Kinda makes you wonder how exactly the public defines "supervillainry".

Thing is, the Magneto breakout -- assuming he does escape successfully -- would be a massive P.R. humiliation for SHIELD, no matter how you explain it away. So it would be nice if they acknowledge that, as a nod to both image AND structural problems within the organization, as a whole. Especially since Betty Ross is clearly pictured in the preview pages.

Last edited:
compound said:
For what it's worth, I doubt there's any way this can tie in with the events in UXM, only because it's never once been mentioned in U2 that Magneto is under SHIELD custody.

He was mentioned in Ultimate Six as the power went down, but that's about it.

And yes, it does seem to not be linked to the UXM Trisk' (good one) destruction, which is a shame actually, how many times can they just ignore huge events?
As I previously mentioned, Magneto escaping is yet another blow for the Ultimates team as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will have an excuse to depart.

And for the record, I always think Wanda looks hot.

Last edited:
Guijllons said:
He was mentioned in Ultimate Six as the power went down, but that's about it.
Damn! I'd almost forgotten about that. Either way, it's not *really* an Ultimates title, per se -- at least, as per TPB volume numbering.

Y'know, if this preview is any indication, the Trisk's defenses are pretty easy to compromise, considering it's the multi-million dollar headquarters of an international superhuman peace-keeping force. *insert your own tasteless metaphor about how often it's seemingly "penetrated"*

Last edited:
Guijllons said:
And yes, it does seem to not be linked to the UXM Trisk' (good one) destruction, which is a shame actually, how many times can they just ignore huge events?

So far, the UXM situation seems to be containable, PR wise. Have to wait for the rest of the issue.

At the moment, Magneto has hardly destroyed the Triskelion. He "just" has shot up their electricity and maintenance bill through the roof and freed several goons. We'll see how that evolve.

Re: Buzzscope Preveiws The Ultimates 2 #9

Rhyo said:
Shouldn't the Red Skull be... ya know... RED instead of green?

I know, I'm so literal sometimes...

The color "red" in the UU isn't the same as "red" in 616. It's an altverse red that resembles green. :roll:

Or, maybe this Red Skull is a figurative Red, which would fit with Loki (who is as crazy as Thor about being a god but is also a mad scientist to boot) waving a hammer and sickle.

(Off topic aside: Your hilarious synopsis of HOM was vastly more entertaining than the original. Poor, defenseless table.)

Last edited:
Hey, um... yeah...

While on the topic of Jan, in those preview pages, she looks kinda dead...

Nah, if she was dead it would be a bigger deal than a background shot.

And crikey Compound, what are they putting in comics these days?
What possible pleasure can be derived from having an inch tall person crawl around on your genitals?

You can take that question as either rhetoric, or not.

Dunno if it's been posted yet, but those are story pages #1, 4, 14 and 17. Lotta stuff can happen in 10 pages in an Ultimates comics.

Rhyo said:
Dunno if it's been posted yet, but those are story pages #1, 4, 14 and 17. Lotta stuff can happen in 10 pages in an Ultimates comics.

Thanks - I hadn't seen that.

So does anyone else think the cover is an indication that Tony is the real traitor? I see this as a definite possibility.

Goodwill said:
So does anyone else think the cover is an indication that Tony is the real traitor? I see this as a definite possibility.
Hmmm

Not saying I think its Tony, but what if he has technology with his suit to hack into the cameras at Hawkeye's place, and make it look like it was Cap? That was just a thought that popped in literally a few seconds after reading the post.

What's written on the card will be the biggest indicator I'm sure. And considering we see that Jarvis is drinking the drink that's on the cover, surely that suggests that he's the traitor.

I hope something is revealed about Hawkeye in this issue. Could be his eye.

icemastertron said:
Hmmm

Not saying I think its Tony, but what if he has technology with his suit to hack into the cameras at Hawkeye's place, and make it look like it was Cap? That was just a thought that popped in literally a few seconds after reading the post.

What was on the cameras wasn't teh full story, that much we can say for certain. But it feels a tad convoluted to have Tony hack them. But, y'never know.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Nooooo a drinks a drink.
Yeah, out of everyone here, YOU would know. :wink:

TheManWithoutFear said:
If you find a beer bottle when E's killed and I inherit Ultimate Central, are you all going to accuse me of the murder?
Hahahaha! It's already mine!!!!! :twisted:

What? Fine...I'll go to my room....

Goodwill said:

No. it's possible, of course, but I don't think the cover indicates so at this point.

Latest posts

Back