Buzzscope Previews Ultimate X-Men #65

As I suspected, Longshot saved Angel and perhaps Dazzler.

Here's another guess : Notice how we don't see Mystique anymore after Magneto asked her if she was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for the cause?

See what I mean? No?

Well I'm guessing that the Magneto we see after that point is in fact Mystique while Magneto himself remains nearby, probably cloaked by one of Forge's device.

Basically, Mystique will let herself be captured (or killed but that's a lot less likely) to cover for Magneto's escape. How long this ruse will hold is anybody's guess because at this point no one knows of Mystique involvement.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
As I suspected, Longshot saved Angel and perhaps Dazzler.

Here's another guess : Notice how we don't see Mystique anymore after Magneto asked her if she was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for the cause?

See what I mean? No?

Well I'm guessing that the Magneto we see after that point is in fact Mystique while Magneto himself remains nearby, probably cloaked by one of Forge's device.

Basically, Mystique will let herself be captured (or killed but that's a lot less likely) to cover for Magneto's escape. How long this ruse will hold is anybody's guess because at this point no one knows of Mystique involvement.
good observation... Where'd she go? Interesting.

I think you could well be right on the button there.

Exciting preview, brings all of Vaughan's arcs full circle without being too cheap about it.

Wonder what Arthur saw.

Poxyclips did say that he would never grace Sinister's presence again. But if he's just appearing as a projection in heads ...

But I doubt Vaughan would be starting a new thing at the end of his run as big as this, he'll just be tying up the Longshot story.

But then again, Arthur could become the new nutter.

Totally off topic, but in the 616 universe, isn't Namor supposed to be the first mutant? Then Apocalypse isn't a mutant?

Last edited:
Guijllons said:
Poxyclips did say that he would never grace Sinister's presence again. But if he's just appearing as a projection in heads ...But I doubt Vaughan would be starting a new thing at the end of his run as big as this, he'll just be tying up the Longshot story.
That's a minor little line he said. He also said he was going to strip him of his powers, right? And Sinister's head diamond thing was glowing real red. I can let it pass if it was Apocolypse. And I bet Vaughan is starting the Apocolypse storyline now for Singer's run.

Guijllons said:
But then again, Arthur could become the new nutter.
Would be interesting.

Guijllons said:
Totally off topic, but in the 616 universe, isn't Namor supposed to be the first mutant? Then Apocalypse isn't a mutant?
I think Namor came first appearance wise and then it was later said that Apocolypse was the first.

Guijllons said:
Creation wise, Namor's the first one. Within comics, because people don't really know who Apoc. is, they think Namor's the first one, which is false. Apoc. is the first mutant.

Ok, back to the topic at hand.

TheManWithoutFear said:
That's a minor little line he said. He also said he was going to strip him of his powers, right? And Sinister's head diamond thing was glowing real red. I can let it pass if it was Apocolypse. And I bet Vaughan is starting the Apocolypse storyline now for Singer's run.
I dunno, the Big A doesn't strike me as the kinda guy that would say stuff for effect. He said it, he meant it.

I don't recall him saying that he would strip Nathan of his powers, and he did all that stuff to himself anyway. Urban stealth experiments and all that, right?

If Apocalypse is to appear in Singers run then I do hope that what Sinister saw is just a projection and now what he actually looks like. Capes, bad, no-one wears capes.

Apart from goths, nuff said.

These mutated folks look really interesting. I think the respective agendas of the various X-factions will dovetail back on that warf in Jersey, where the Ultimates will be waiting....to kill them all.:D :D

Especially Pigeon Boy. Magnetman seems way too powerful; a flung rubber band to the eye would take him out.

Sorry, I like Vaughn, but I think he's mailing it in.

As the lady said, for me, no more mutants.

So, what "heavy hitters" are going to be released from the Trixietelthon and what will be the crossover implications?

I've been worrying about that too. when is this all taking place? It seems to be totally concurrent with the Ultimates.

Of course, they'll never mention it.

I think the only people who are gonna escape are Sinister, Longshot, Magneto, Deathstrike ( IN A BODY BAG!) and that's about it. All others are on a different level looks like and are being handled by SHIELD which is why all of SHIELD is apparently busy.

I don't think Thor would leave if he could. He has a point to prove.

And who else is in there at the moment? Goblin is in stasis somewhere else (I think), Doc Ock is no longer a threat so probably not there. So it's just a few other minor spidey thugs. Or am I missing someone?

i doubt this will happen, but what if:

all those people are escaping, then suddenly they are struck by lightning and you see thor standing behind them. then, he just goes back to his cell, and everyone is like "uh... it wasn't thor, that was just a coincidence." and thor is just smirking, while tony looks like he believes in the lord-ah, thor!

Guijllons said:
I don't think Thor would leave if he could. He has a point to prove.

And who else is in there at the moment? Goblin is in stasis somewhere else (I think), Doc Ock is no longer a threat so probably not there. So it's just a few other minor spidey thugs. Or am I missing someone?
That's the real question that no one has answered. Just whose in the Trisk at the time.

The Thor theory sounds soo cool but it's UXM not The Ultimates. Not too mention he doesn't have his hammer.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back