Captain America Movie

Bucky being Cap is interesting and it provides for a lot of good story potential, but Captain America is and always will be Steve Rogers. It's only a matter of time before he's back in the comics and it would be rather silly for his first big budget movie to be about anyone but him.

Agreed. It would be like having anyone but Bruce Wayne as Batman in a movie.

There's no way they could fit in the whole Winter Soldier story into the first movie, you have to establish Steve first so when he dies it has more of an impact.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. Both about the movie potential and about Bucky being a better Cap in the comics than Steve.

Bucky being Cap is interesting and it provides for a lot of good story potential, but Captain America is and always will be Steve Rogers. It's only a matter of time before he's back in the comics and it would be rather silly for his first big budget movie to be about anyone but him.

Agreed.

Also, I would fully expect Steve Rogers to be back as Cap by the time this movie comes out for the movie.

I don't know... I think with the way Brubaker's run is going, Bucky will stop being cap when he is good and ready for it... if every. Marvel is really pumped about this legacy character thing, so who knows.
The movie, however, is all Steve. It has to be. He was the first, it must be him. I would expect a bunch of minis with Steve as cap to appear when the movie comes out, but BuckyCap is entrenching himself in the Marvel universe. He's in the Avengers now. I would expect him to last a good long while.

I don't know... I think with the way Brubaker's run is going, Bucky will stop being cap when he is good and ready for it... if every. Marvel is really pumped about this legacy character thing, so who knows.
The movie, however, is all Steve. It has to be. He was the first, it must be him. I would expect a bunch of minis with Steve as cap to appear when the movie comes out, but BuckyCap is entrenching himself in the Marvel universe. He's in the Avengers now. I would expect him to last a good long while.

I agree with this. We'll see Steve everywhere but I feel Bucky can out last that seeing if the concept is still work just as when then

Agreed.

Also, I would fully expect Steve Rogers to be back as Cap by the time this movie comes out for the movie.

Not if Brubaker doesn't want to.

I mean there wasn't a Green Hulk when the Hulk movie came out.

That said both James AND Steve should be in the movie.

Last edited:
Not if Brubaker doesn't want to.

I mean there wasn't a Green Hulk when the Hulk movie came out.

That said both James AND Steve should be in the movie.
It's not what Brubaker wants, it's what Marvel wants.

And it doesn't have to be in a main series. That's why they have reprints, minis, and trades coming out. Marvel specifically waited for the Hulk movie to release the WWH trades/HCs.

Considering the first movie is set in WWII, what should be in it?

Should Bucky have a costume or should he just be a normal soldier?

Should they do Cap's origin? What kind of costume should he wear?

I assume almost everyone would agree the Red Skull should be the villain, over say Kleiser. How should they explain his skull face? Is he wearing a mask or just deformed?

Also should Cap's personality be closer to the 616 or Ultimate version?

I assume that everyone here would want the final scene to be the castle seige from Ultimates 1.

Should they do Cap's origin? What kind of costume should he wear?

I assume almost everyone would agree the Red Skull should be the villain, over say Kleiser. How should they explain his skull face? Is he wearing a mask or just deformed?

I assume that everyone here would want the final scene to be the castle seige from Ultimates 1.
Let me start by applauding the restraint you showed by not starting a thread for each one of these questions.

In order:
Nazis.

No costume.

Yes. The Ultimates version of his WW2 costume.

Deformed by evil Nazi experiments.

And you tried to be sneaky by not ending the last one with a question mark, but yes I would like a scene similar to that siege to be the end of the movie.

Fin Fang Foom, Old Spice product placement, and an anal scene.

costume. inspired by Bowie.

Should they do Cap's origin?

There's an origin to Cap? I thought he was just some doofus who got injected with steroids.

What kind of costume should he wear?

one with a flag on it?

I assume almost everyone would agree the Red Skull should be the villain, over say Kleiser.

You assumed wrong. I want Baron Strucker. or any of the other half dozen Barons Cap likes to fight. But no, Strucker.

How should they explain his skull face?

with words and actions

Is he wearing a mask or just deformed?

Can he be both?

more like Reb Brown

Okay. Go on assuming that. I don't even know what scene you're talking about.

Last edited:
Fin Fang Foom, Old Spice product placement, and an anal scene.

costume. inspired by Bowie.

There's an origin to Cap? I thought he was just some doofus who got injected with steroids.

one with a flag on it?

You assumed wrong. I want Baron Strucker. or any of the other half dozen Barons Cap likes to fight. But no, Strucker.

with words and actions

Can he be both?

more like Reb Brown

Okay. Go on assuming that. I don't even know what scene you're talking about.

You just want to be a rabble-rouser, don't you?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back