Captain America Movie

Trying to decide if I'd rather see a *skull* (which would have to be CGI) or if I'd like skull-like feautres like that and not see a CGI head...

It's faithful to the comic, I just hope it doesn't look too much like a rubber mask in action.

http://uk.io9.com/5784660/watch-captain-america-throw-his-mighty-shield

IMMEDIATE INCREDIBLE INSTINCTUAL INTELLECTUAL INSIGHTS:

Tommy Lee Jones is excellent.

The CGI Chris Evans looks terrible even on a small, fuzzy screen. Hopefully it will look better finished otherwise it will be bloody hard to enjoy this movie until he becomes Cap.

Chris Evan's Cap has a crisis of faith where he's not sure if it is his destiny to be awesome. I am not sure if I can handle seeing this same ****ing scene every ****ing movie regardless of who the ****ing protagonist is. Isn't Captain America meant to just be this incredible patriot even BEFORE he becomes a super soldier? Isn't he supposed to be really willful and all, "I CAN be a soldier! I HAVE to serve! It is my duty!"? And even if this movie has to show us "Cap: BEFORE HE WAS AWESOME" does he have to express his self-doubt like every other ****ing character? And do those around him have to say, "You were born for a reason. A special reason. A reason that is apparently EXTREMELY common since 9 out of 10 action heroes are born for the same ****ing reason." Why do they keep having this crisis of faith? You know who DIDN'T have this crisis of faith? LUKE ****ING SKYWALKER. And INDIANA ****ING JONES. And MARTY ****ING MCFLY. NONE of the GHOSTBUSTERS. BATMAN didn't. JAMES ****ING BOND didn't. JOHN McCLANE didn't all all he had was a vest. You know who doesn't have this crisis of faith? ALL THE BEST ACTION HEROES OF THE LAST THIRTY ****ING YEARS, HOLLYWOOD. JUST BECAUSE NEO AND FRODO DID DOESN'T MEAN CAPTAIN ****ING KIRK AND CAPTAIN ****ING AMERICA DO.

It looks like G.I. JOE.

It looks significantly BETTER than G.I.JOE.

Chris Evans looks pretty good as a super-soldier.

Captain America looks like a tool when he runs in his costume, or sits in a motorcycle in his costume.

I don't think I like Captain America.

Howard Stark is WAY too into Cap's pecs.

I don't blame him.

This looks better than FANTASTIC FOUR.

This looks better than GREEN HORNET or GREEN LANTERN. It looks like it has potential to be a lot of fun despite a lot of irksome decisions, it feels like it could actually still work.

But then so did IRON MAN 2.

I don't know what to think. Like THOR and GREEN LANTERN, I'm just not excited. I'm more interested to see THE AVENGERS.

And Tommy Lee Jones. I love that guy.

Awesome.

I'm happy about that scene where a weak Steve takes on a guy in the alley, always felt a scene like that is needed in a Cap movie

Overall I liked it. I think they made the pre-jacked Steve Rogers look a bit too small though. I mean, I know he's supposed to be slender, but he looks ridiculously tiny in my opinion. The size of Chris Evans' head compared with the CGI body makes him look like a Peanuts character.

But besides that it looks good. I'm expecting something akin to GI Joe, only much better quality.

Overall I liked it. I think they made the pre-jacked Steve Rogers look a bit too small though. I mean, I know he's supposed to be slender, but he looks ridiculously tiny in my opinion. The size of Chris Evans' head compared with the CGI body makes him look like a Peanuts character.

I thought he looks great, I keep thinking it's a different actor.

I'm sorry.... but that CGI face-onto-body thing, while initially an admirable idea, looks like it could render this whole film ridiculous. It probably won't be on for more than a half-hour tops, and if the movie's good enough overall I'll try my damndest not to care, but jeez....

I would just like to take this time to point out the related films for Captain America: The First Avenger on MUBI:

tumblr_lika7mqd0r1qzla78o1_500.png

I'm sorry.... but that CGI face-onto-body thing, while initially an admirable idea, looks like it could render this whole film ridiculous. It probably won't be on for more than a half-hour tops, and if the movie's good enough overall I'll try my damndest not to care, but jeez....

I agree. When its stationary, it's not TOO bad, but as soon as he tries to move his head, it becomes very apparent its fake.

I sincerely doubt it will be better on a big screen. :/

Hopefully it's not for too long and it won't break the film.

I have no issues with the CGI Chris Evans. Didn't notice a thing.

Latest posts

Back