Captain America Movie

Then you have some weird eyes because at the moment it's very obvious. :p

I don't know what any of you are talking about. I just watched it again focusing on it and it looks perfectly fine. The CGI is seamless. I think you're all focusing on the head appearing out of proportion to his body which would be consistent with a person who has some sort of a muscle mass deficiency.

I don't know what any of you are talking about. I just watched it again focusing on it and it looks perfectly fine. The CGI is seamless. I think you're all focusing on the head appearing out of proportion to his body which would be consistent with a person who has some sort of a muscle mass deficiency.

Or, you know...a skinny guy with a big head. I had a similar frame to that, growing up.

It's definitely a bit fake-looking, but not enough that it'll bother me any more than the obviously-CGI Hulk from The Incredible Hulk. I'm willing to let this slide a lot more.

Last edited:
Or, you know...a skinny guy with a big head. I had a similar frame to that, growing up.

It's definitely a bit fake-looking, but not enough that it'll bother me any more than the obviously-CGI Hulk from The Incredible Hulk. I'm willing to let this slide a lot more.

I'm hoping the effects aren't finished yet and will be better in the final cut or the scenes are short enough that it won't hurt the movie.

When it comes to effects, it's all about how immersive the story is. That's why things like STAR WARS still work. Hopefully this won't spoil the movie.

I think it will look a lot different because this movie is going to be released in 3D. Which actually really messes with what the film actually looks like. So I don't think it'll be as noticeable, because everything will look weird, not just Skinny Steve.

mmm.....that was a plane right? and not a spaceship that they might be trying to lead into the avengers movie.

Bass, since you love Tommy Lee Jones so much I was wondering if you had seen The Sunset Limited? It's an HBO film based on a play written by Cormac McCarthy. Jones directed it and stars in it opposite Samuel L. Jackson. It's about two guys in a room talking. It's worth checking out.

[video=youtube;7BBXXnYoIVo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BBXXnYoIVo[/video]

that looks so cool!!

and the scene where he asks the hydra guy who he is and he replies "the first of many!" makes me think they are going with a Skrull/Chitauri story.

http://uk.io9.com/5784660/watch-captain-america-throw-his-mighty-shield

IMMEDIATE INCREDIBLE INSTINCTUAL INTELLECTUAL INSIGHTS:

Tommy Lee Jones is excellent.

The CGI Chris Evans looks terrible even on a small, fuzzy screen. Hopefully it will look better finished otherwise it will be bloody hard to enjoy this movie until he becomes Cap.

Chris Evan's Cap has a crisis of faith where he's not sure if it is his destiny to be awesome. I am not sure if I can handle seeing this same ****ing scene every ****ing movie regardless of who the ****ing protagonist is. Isn't Captain America meant to just be this incredible patriot even BEFORE he becomes a super soldier? Isn't he supposed to be really willful and all, "I CAN be a soldier! I HAVE to serve! It is my duty!"? And even if this movie has to show us "Cap: BEFORE HE WAS AWESOME" does he have to express his self-doubt like every other ****ing character? And do those around him have to say, "You were born for a reason. A special reason. A reason that is apparently EXTREMELY common since 9 out of 10 action heroes are born for the same ****ing reason." Why do they keep having this crisis of faith? You know who DIDN'T have this crisis of faith? LUKE ****ING SKYWALKER. And INDIANA ****ING JONES. And MARTY ****ING MCFLY. NONE of the GHOSTBUSTERS. BATMAN didn't. JAMES ****ING BOND didn't. JOHN McCLANE didn't all all he had was a vest. You know who doesn't have this crisis of faith? ALL THE BEST ACTION HEROES OF THE LAST THIRTY ****ING YEARS, HOLLYWOOD. JUST BECAUSE NEO AND FRODO DID DOESN'T MEAN CAPTAIN ****ING KIRK AND CAPTAIN ****ING AMERICA DO.

It looks like G.I. JOE.

It looks significantly BETTER than G.I.JOE.

Chris Evans looks pretty good as a super-soldier.

Captain America looks like a tool when he runs in his costume, or sits in a motorcycle in his costume.

I don't think I like Captain America.

Howard Stark is WAY too into Cap's pecs.

I don't blame him.

This looks better than FANTASTIC FOUR.

This looks better than GREEN HORNET or GREEN LANTERN. It looks like it has potential to be a lot of fun despite a lot of irksome decisions, it feels like it could actually still work.

But then so did IRON MAN 2.

I don't know what to think. Like THOR and GREEN LANTERN, I'm just not excited. I'm more interested to see THE AVENGERS.

And Tommy Lee Jones. I love that guy.

I get the impression you were tripping on acid and ginseng while posting this...but I'm not sure why.

After watching the trailer a few more times in HD, this is now my most anticipated film of the summer. Even thought I still think skinny Steve looks a bit ridiculous (and I hope he's only in the film a little), this movie is going to be awesome!

Latest posts

Back