Celebrity Deaths (updated weekly)

If that is what he wants then that is what they should give him.

The idea that a person is not allowed to do that to themselves in their own home under customized circumstances is appalling.... I'd like to hear a single actual argument as to why the legal system just can't allow it. The only people who should be allowed to have any say in the issue at large are ones suffering from Alzheimer's themselves.

If this is what he wants, then he should have it.

It's just...no one deserves Alzheimers. Especially not Terry Pratchett.

God, I'm going to miss him.

That is tragic.

Pratchett is by far my favourite author and a fracking genius. It will make the world just that little bit darker when he goes.

I have seen galaxies die. I have watched atoms dance. But until I had the dark behind the eyes, I didn't know the death from the dance.

Hey, Reagan toughed it out.

Reagan was also part of the "Pro-Life" party, the only people allowed to die are the poor, minorities, soldiers (which are generally poor and minorities) and criminals.

As a person who's grown up around the elderly, and seeing the ravages of Alzheimer's, there's not really any "toughing it out" you slowly fade and become more and more of just a shell.

As a person who's grown up around the elderly, and seeing the ravages of Alzheimer's, there's not really any "toughing it out" you slowly fade and become more and more of just a shell.

My grandpa started showing symptoms of it right before he died so he wasn't hit with it as bad as most people are by the time it gets them...and it was still one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever seen.

I just watched Choosing To Die, the documentary about Terry Pratchett investigating the whole assisted suicide thing. It's quite beautiful but very sad - I teared up a couple of times. However, I am glad I watched it - I'm now even more sure that people suffering should be given the choice, no doubt about it.

ultimatedjf said:
Clarence Clemons.

Yeah, major bummer. I thought they thought he was looking ok after the stroke.

Peter Falk. :cry:

But I'm sure he'll be back to tell us just one more thing.

(I'm changing my avatar back to Columbo for a while.)

Latest posts

Back