Christmas 2008, Houde Style

yen081219.gif

It may be because I haven't lived in Puerto Rico since 1991, but I've never heard of that song.

Last edited:
It may be because I haven't lived in Puerto Rico since 1991, but I've never heard of that song.

Dude, That song is ooooold. I remeber we used to sing it at school every year.

Now i'm getting a craving for Lechon...Hmmmm Hmmmm Lechon.

Dude, That song is ooooold. I remeber we used to sing it at school every year.
I was born in '86. I left P.R. in '91. I wasn't even 5 yet at the time.

I'm not saying the song is recent or anything, but at 4...I'm not gonna remember something like that, which is why I don't ever remember hearing it.

Last edited:
Damn Puerto Ricans ruining our good Christmas.

I was born in '86. I left P.R. in '91. I wasn't even 5 yet at the time.

I'm not saying the song is recent or anything, but at 4...I'm not gonna remember something like that, which is why I don't ever remember hearing it.

I'm not saying you should know it i'm just saying that it's old.

Call the Jets!

*gang members dressed in green and red come out snapping their fingers*

For a minute I thought you meant the football team from New York, and I was like "How is sub-par blocking gonna stop Puerto Rico?", then I read the rest of your sentence.

I have completed my quest for good Christmas music and assembled a playlist that I used today to accompany some of my last minute gift wrapping:

"Christmas Time is Here (Instrumental)", Vince Guaraldi Trio
"Christmas Time (is Here Again)", The Beatles
"Santa Claus is Coming to Town", The Jackson 5
"Christmas Bop", T.Rex
"Are You Coming Over for Christmas?", Belle & Sebastian
"Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy", Bing Crosby and David Bowie
"What You Want for Christmas", Quad City DJs and 69 Boyz
"Little Saint Nick", The Beach Boys
"Silent Night/Xmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis", Tom Waits
"Someday at Christmas", Stevie Wonder
"Come On! Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance!", Sufjan Stevens
"Happy Xmas (War Is Over)", John Lennon

They certainly put me into more of a Christmas mood.

Some of the ones I was unfamiliar with were quite pleasant surprises. The Tom Waits song is only very indirectly related to Christmas but is really poignant and sad. "What You Want for Christmas" is absolutely ridiculous and awesome (a shout-out to Jesus followed by a rap about how you need "$1200" and a man with a lot of cash for Christmas).

"Come On! Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance!" is pretty brilliant, and is probably the best original Christmas song I've heard from recent years. It should be a new holiday staple, as far as I'm concerned. (Planet-man: You should seriously check the song out. I'm pretty sure you'd love it. I'll even send it to you if you're interested.)
Was that a midget at the end??

Last edited:
Yes, I also received mine today.

I will be wearing the hat and shirt when I go back to work next year. Gotta show it off and all.

Latest posts

Back