Chronicling the Comic Book Omniverse (DC, Marvel, Image and many more Multiverses)

selfishmisery

First and foremost, a few rules:
1.) Parodies and references do not count, for the most part. For example, Bugs Bunny appearing in Nostalgia Critic or some Newgrounds video doesn't count. That's 1000% non-canon, despite potential copyright strikes that are based on property/license rights alone.
2.) In regards to parody or unauthorized versions of properties that ARE canon, Groundskeeper Willie appearing in a Wolverine costume (Earth-73925) is an example of acknowledged canon by the publisher themselves. Thus, while it's not the same multiverse, it is an Omniversal property that 'bleeds' into another multiverse.
3.) Universes with broken continuity (ex. Ren & Stimpy, Simpsons, Archie, etc.) aren't bound by real world logic - and if anything, there's an inferred 'universal reset' with every continuity-breaking issue that comes up.
4.) If Marvel publishes a Beavis & Butthead comic-licensed run, that doesn't count as its own multiverse because they never interact with Marvel characters or any other property outside their creative bubble.
5.) This covers what are ACKNOWLEDGED crossovers from the comic side of things. No one-sided, entirely non-canon ones like Phineas and Ferb meeting Marvel and Star Wars characters.
6.) Fornite...just their DC crossover matters. Their comic crossover doesn't acknowledge any previous encounter; thus I won't be forced to add John Wick, Stranger Things and make this list go into infinity.
7.) It must DISTINCTLY be a multiverse, a confirmed one. If it's just something that could fit in any other Earth, like Vampirella or Kevin Smith's Universe, no shot of making it on this list. It could easily just be represented as the Earth it's said to be occurring in.

Last edited:
The Multiverse List
---------------------------------------------------------------
Comic/Manga Companies (alphabetical):
Archie
Crusade Comics
Dark Horse
(plus their subsidiaries)
DC (contains multiple - Comic, Animation, Live-Action and Gaming)
Image (plus their subsidiaries)
Marvel
New England Comics

Franchise Properties (alphabetical):
Alien/Predator
Capcom
Cartoon Network / Hanna-Barbera / Looney Tunes
(live-action and animation)
Conan the Barbarian
Doctor Who
Evil Dead / Slasherverse(s)
Fortnite

FOX Animation
(Simpsons, Family Guy, Bobs Burgers, etc.)
Ghostbusters
Godzilla / King Kong
Hasbro
LEGO
Masters of the Universe

Mortal Kombat
Nickelodeon
(live-action and animation)

Planet of the Apes
Power Rangers /
Super Sentai / Kamen Rider
Robocop

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman
Star Trek
Supernatural
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Terminator

Thundercats
Universal Monsters

* Marvel adjacent
* DC adjacent
* Adjacent to both

Total Multiverse Count - 35 (approx.)

Last edited:
The Crossovers List (plus Reading Order)
(*space reserved*)

I'll get to this later.

EDIT: Am I missing anything? (READ THE RULES)

Last edited:
I am not sure of what you count as one sided crossover. Why do the Phineas and Ferb crossovers not count?

The Star Wars is non canon according to itself: the Star Wars style opening crawl ends with "... And none of this is canon, so just relax."
The Marvel crossover I would say is canon to the Phineas and Ferb universe, but I have always assumed that the Marvel characters are their counterparts in the P&F universe.

The Star Wars is non canon according to itself: the Star Wars style opening crawl ends with "... And none of this is canon, so just relax."
The Marvel crossover I would say is canon to the Phineas and Ferb universe, but I have always assumed that the Marvel characters are their counterparts in the P&F universe.
Yeah I was looking it up, and noticed that the Star Wars crossover is the only non-canon one.

I'm very busy right now so I'll update this during the weekend. Chances I'm going to be doing a lot of reorganizing and condensing, plus making the rules more clear. I was up after midnight working on this....

You are missing Angry Birds and Star Wars. In the Transformers Multiverse there is the Rovio Cluster that contains Angry Birds Transformers. I interpret that despite the name, the Rovio Cluster does not contain every Rovio game, just that is the part of the Transformers Multiverse that overlaps with a Rovio/Angry Birds Multiverse. Speaking of which, https://angrybirds.fandom.com/wiki/Angryverse
Word of God has apparently said that there is an Angry Birds Multiverse, strangely Angry Birds Transformers and Angry Birds Star Wars are missing (probably licensing issues, but we know they exist).
Speaking of Star Wars, there is also a Lukas Transformers Cluster that contains the Star Wars Transformer Universe, so, the Star Wars Multiverse connects to both the Transformers and Angry Birds Multiverses

I'd argue AVP is Marvel adjacent. The AVP Extended Universe is literally part of the Marvel Multiverse, and the DC/AVP crossovers are only canon to DC according to a footnote in a Superman comic. Just my thoughts.

The rules are a little weird. Because there are some franchises that doesn't have a "confirmed multiverse" just contradictory stories that we assume are different universes in a multiverse, but for example, Resident Evil has the Marvel vs Capcom Universe, confirmed to be part of the Marvel Multiverse, the Project X Zone Universe, confirmed to be part of some short of Super Robot Wars Multiverse and the Resident Evil/Dead by Daylight Universe (since Dead by Daylight characters are kidnapped from their universes, let's assume the Resident Evil characters are not their main universe, but from a variation), that is part of the Dead By Daylight Multiverse, composed of variants of horror universes. Now, what makes us think that there is a "Resident Evil Multiverse" and not that there is just some universes in the Omniverse that feature elements of Resident Evil? I mean, there is lots of universes that feature a variation of Atlantis, and they don't belong to a "Atlantis Multiverse". Or feature a Snowwhite, or El Dorado, o real world figures.

The rules are a little weird. Because there are some franchises that doesn't have a "confirmed multiverse" just contradictory stories that we assume are different universes in a multiverse, but for example, Resident Evil has the Marvel vs Capcom Universe, confirmed to be part of the Marvel Multiverse, the Project X Zone Universe, confirmed to be part of some short of Super Robot Wars Multiverse and the Resident Evil/Dead by Daylight Universe (since Dead by Daylight characters are kidnapped from their universes, let's assume the Resident Evil characters are not their main universe, but from a variation), that is part of the Dead By Daylight Multiverse, composed of variants of horror universes. Now, what makes us think that there is a "Resident Evil Multiverse" and not that there is just some universes in the Omniverse that feature elements of Resident Evil? I mean, there is lots of universes that feature a variation of Atlantis, and they don't belong to a "Atlantis Multiverse". Or feature a Snowwhite, or El Dorado, o real world figures.
Again, I was starting on this around midnight. Thought it was a good idea at the time lmao.

I'll adjust this later.

OK. There were some Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Comics) crossovers, where Sabrina used an spell that brought Sonic to life from an in-universe Sonic the Hedgehog Archie comic. The Sonic Archie Wiki (Mobius Encyclopaedia) pretends that it is non canon because it shows Sonic as fictional from the point of view of Sabrina characters (Sabrina from this story shared universe with Archie, I don't exactly know how many reboots Archie and Sabrina have but at this point they aparently shared an universe). So the Sonic Archie Comics Multiverse conected with the Archie Comics Main Multiverse. It was shown with the crossover with the Mega Man Archie Comics that the Sonic Archie Comics are different Multiverses, but still conected, so that is why I assume the Archie Main Multiverse is a separate multiverse. The Sonic Archie Multiverse had a similar reality to the Sonic canon universe that is not very clear if it is the same one (Because the main Sonic Archie Universe was definetibly not the canin Sonic universe, despite being shown as the prime universe in its multiverse). I like to think that the Sonic canon universe is not in the Archie Sonic Multiverse since there was a "Crisis" like in DC (not called that way, of course) and every universe appart from the main one (that was rebooted) and another paralel universe (that was left intact because of an special protective object) were destroyed, but it could also be that it was destroyed and restored like some DC universes.
During the second Sonic/Mega Man Archie crossover different Capcom and Sega universes were shown like Viewtiful Joe, Skies of Arcadia... If the Mega Man and Sonic Archie have their own multiverses presumably every franchise here has a multiverse of its own, and going by the Sonic logic, it may not even be the main multiverse of the franchise...
Also the Sonic Archie Comics universe crossed over with an Image Universe, I don't know how thw Image Universe(s) work, so no idea if it was the main or a variant.

The Transformers Cymond Cluster includes several non-Transformers robot series that have a real world conection to Transformers, one of them is Cymond 290.03 Alpha, the world of the first Brave Series anime, however since all of the Brave Series anime are inspired by Transformers, even if only the first one got listed, I would argue that all of the Brave Series universes must be contained inside the Cymond Cluster and thus inside the Transformers Multiverse.

Latest posts

Back