Chronicling the Comic Book Omniverse (DC, Marvel, Image and many more Multiverses)

Now the long part... (takes a deep breath):

I wanted in fact to make timelines for most of the things in the Japanese side of this Omniverse, I am still on it, but here what I have got about connections between multiverses.

There is a Japanese Video Game series called Super Robot Wars that features crossovers between different mecha animes.
In a given Super Robot Wars game usually the world presented is a mix between the different mecha series, and the game is an adaptation of all the series at the same time. Obviously, the presented variation of the anime is not the canon one. And usually, the next Super Robot Wars game is a totally different universe from the previous one (but there are some sequels and "series" of like 4 games that continue one after the other). Usually a series is adapted in different games but the adaptations are different between them and mixed with other series diferently.
The thing is that this is a confirmed multiverse, since there is a character called Gilliam Jaeger that is said to be the same version in all of his appearances, travelling the multiverse. Aparently he originates from an older series by the same developer called Compati Hero series that is basically a SRW game but instead of Mecha series it has Gundam, Kamen Rider and Ultraman series (obviously the Gundam series overlaps with Super Robot Wars) but again, their versions are not the canon ones, since their plots are happening at the same time with the villains scheming together when in canon Kamen Rider and Ultraman take place in the present and Gundam enough into the future for the characters to call World War II "the Middle Ages".

Also, and very important, there was a Japan exclusive game called "Namco x Capcom" that was made by Banpresto, the ones that make SRW, and was basically SRW but with Capcom and Namco, so there is Resident Evil, Mega Man, Klonoa, Tekken, etc characters in a world were apparently all of their adventures happened or are happening now. Since not all series fit in the same universe they are like 5 different universes involved. I think that the Super Robot Wars characters that crossed over in the game were implied to be their canon selfs. TV Tropes I think that insinuated that the Xenosaga characters were the canon selfs pulled from the ending of their game (I don't know if their game ends with them travelling the multiverse, since it is like Evangelion but in video game, everybody says that is so great but nobody apparently understood the plot, so I was curious about playing it myself and don't want to spoil it for myself), so I am not sure about it, since TV Tropes is not the most accurate source. Then a SRW for DS featured the original, non-licensed, characters from Namco x Capcom and the Xenosaga characters (the same version from NxC, still, no idea if the canon one) arriving from their universes, reinforcing that the SRW and Namco x Capcom Multiverses are the same. Then, in 3DS, Project X Zone was released (even outside Japan) and it is something of a "Namco x Capcom x Sega", it continues Namco x Capcom plot, the licensed characters reference their meeting from the previous game and the Namco x Capcom and SRW Endless Frontier (the above mentioned SRW DS games) original characters are included as Namco characters. The sequel, Project X Zone 2, ads two (I don't know why just two, since the other companies have like 10 franchises each) Nintendo franchises to the mix: Xenoblade Chronicles and Fire Emblem. Xenoblade Chronicles is an spiritual successor to Xenosaga and to Xenosaga spiritual predecesor, Xenogears, all three are hinted to share a universe/multiverse. Fire Emblem HAS a multiverse, as seen in Fire Emblem Awakening DLC chapters and more titles. In Fire Emblem Fates there is a function were you can scan Fire Emblem characters amiibos and they appear in game in a conversation and leave a few goods. If you scan the Super Smash Bros. Robin amiibo a version of the characters appears, but the Fire Emblem Awakening characters (that traveled to this universe from their own) notice that this is not their Robin, and Robin mentions other fighters, hinting that he is the Robin from the Super Smash Bros. universe.

Cross Edge is another crossover game that features video game crossovers. I don't know if they are the canon versions or local versions of the characters. But crosses over Atelier, Darkstalkers, Disgaea, Ar tonelico and Spectral Souls. I don't have any idea about the last two but Darkstalkers adds this to the Omniverse because of Capcom. Atelier crossed over with other Koei Tecmo properties pulled from their universes in Warriors All-Stars, so some kind of Koei Multiverse made up of Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, Nioh, Fatal Frame, etc is also here.

I remember that I forgot a few things but I am a little bit tired of writting so I will leave this here

Last edited:
Now the long part... (takes a deep breath):

I wanted in fact to make timelines for most of the things in the Japanese side of this Omniverse, I am still on it, but here what I have got about connections between multiverses.

There is a Japanese Video Game series called Super Robot Wars that features crossovers between different mecha animes.
In a given Super Robot Wars game usually the world presented is a mix between the different mecha series, and the game is an adaptation of all the series at the same time. Obviously, the presented variation of the anime is not the canon one. And usually, the next Super Robot Wars game is a totally different universe from the previous one (but there are some sequels and "series" of like 4 games that continue one after the other). Usually a series is adapted in different games but the adaptations are different between them and mixed with other series diferently.
The thing is that this is a confirmed multiverse, since there is a character called Gilliam Jaeger that is said to be the same version in all of his appearances, travelling the multiverse. Aparently he originates from an older series by the same developer called Compati Hero series that is basically a SRW game but instead of Mecha series it has Gundam, Kamen Rider and Ultraman series (obviously the Gundam series overlaps with Super Robot Wars) but again, their versions are not the canon ones, since their plots are happening at the same time with the villains scheming together when in canon Kamen Rider and Ultraman take place in the present and Gundam enough into the future for the characters to call World War II "the Middle Ages".

Also, and very important, there was a Japan exclusive game called "Namco x Capcom" that was made by Banpresto, the ones that make SRW, and was basically SRW but with Capcom and Namco, so there is Resident Evil, Mega Man, Klonoa, Tekken, etc characters in a world were apparently all of their adventures happened or are happening now. Since not all series fit in the same universe they are like 5 different universes involved. I think that the Super Robot Wars characters that crossed over in the game were implied to be their canon selfs. TV Tropes I think that insinuated that the Xenosaga characters were the canon selfs pulled from the ending of their game (I don't know if their game ends with them travelling the multiverse, since it is like Evangelion but in video game, everybody says that is so great but nobody apparently understood the plot, so I was curious about playing it myself and don't want to spoil it for myself), so I am not sure about it, since TV Tropes is not the most accurate source. Then a SRW for DS featured the original, non-licensed, characters from Namco x Capcom and the Xenosaga characters (the same version from NxC, still, no idea if the canon one) arriving from their universes, reinforcing that the SRW and Namco x Capcom Multiverses are the same. Then, in 3DS, Project X Zone was released (even outside Japan) and it is something of a "Namco x Capcom x Sega", it continues Namco x Capcom plot, the licensed characters reference their meeting from the previous game and the Namco x Capcom and SRW Endless Frontier (the above mentioned SRW DS games) original characters are included as Namco characters. The sequel, Project X Zone 2, ads two (I don't know why just two, since the other companies have like 10 franchises each) Nintendo franchises to the mix: Xenoblade Chronicles and Fire Emblem. Xenoblade Chronicles is an spiritual successor to Xenosaga and to Xenosaga spiritual predecesor, Xenogears, all three are hinted to share a universe/multiverse. Fire Emblem HAS a multiverse, as seen in Fire Emblem Awakening DLC chapters and more titles. In Fire Emblem Fates there is a function were you can scan Fire Emblem characters amiibos and they appear in game in a conversation and leave a few goods. If you scan the Super Smash Bros. Robin amiibo a version of the characters appears, but the Fire Emblem Awakening characters (that traveled to this universe from their own) notice that this is not their Robin, and Robin mentions other fighters, hinting that he is the Robin from the Super Smash Bros. universe.

Cross Edge is another crossover game that features video game crossovers. I don't know if they are the canon versions or local versions of the characters. But crosses over Atelier, Darkstalkers, Disgaea, Ar tonelico and Spectral Souls. I don't have any idea about the last two but Darkstalkers adds this to the Omniverse because of Capcom. Atelier crossed over with other Koei Tecmo properties pulled from their universes in Warriors All-Stars, so some kind of Koei Multiverse made up of Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, Nioh, Fatal Frame, etc is also here.

I remember that I forgot a few things but I am a little bit tired of writting so I will leave this here
Japanese Fiction / Video Game Multiverse, I guess.

Honestly there are already various cases in this Omniverse of realities being apparently fictional to one reality but turning out to be real after all, just taking place in other universe, like DC's Pre-Crisis Earth-2 to Earth-1, The Transformers normal universes to the Quadrawl universes, the comic Smurf universe to the Smurf live-action movie universe, the Live-Action Ghostbusters universe to the The Real Ghostbusters Universe, LEGO's being figurines in Earth-199999 but being of what actual people is made of in 13122, etc. It is usually implied that the author from the "real world" of the two universes just are low-key superpowered beings that subconsciously have visions of actual real events in the other universe that they confuse with having a very active imagination, and publish it as fiction. So, what if all of the Tommy Westphall series (except the last Saint Elsewhere scene) are actually the same universe, but the universe is not part of the Thommy Westphall from the last Saint Elsewhere scene's head, but rather that Tommy (Tommy 2 from now on) has the power to glance at the other universe were another Tommy (Tommy 1) lives and whose father is a doctor. So Tommy 1's and Tommy 2's universe are equally real, neither universe is inside the other Tommy's head.

Bam! 20+ years existential crisis, solved!

Let's not forget that Deadpool and All Might canonically teamed up in Deadpool Samurai to lay the smackdown on Thanos, which in turn brings not only the My Hero Academia franchise into the mix (with potential for other Shōnen Jump series, assuming we consider the Jump Force video game as canon, that is), but also the ongoing Spider-Man: Octopus Girl manga (itself a spin-off of Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse) due to Sakura Spider returning in it.

... man, talk about a deep web of connections.

7AmmKCD.pngBkp9q0c.png

By the way, did anyone read it? How does it connect to the Spider-Verse Movies? I know it was announced as a spin-off
Am currently reading it right now, and at the moment, I can't see any reason for it connecting to the Spider-Verse films, unless... ((Theory, potential spoilers)) we might end up seeing Sakura Spider in either Beyond the Spider-Verse or the Spider-Woman spin-off movie, and this manga is meant to set that up. The fact that the manga isn't set in Earth-346 (the universe Deadpool: Samurai [and possibly the entire My Hero Academia series if we count All Might's appearance as canon] takes place in) since Sakura Spider mentions it being an alternate universe may support this theory, but who knows?

Guys Just a question, since the rights of Conan the barbarian are not marvel anymore, It Is still Canon to earth-616?

Guys Just a question, since the rights of Conan the barbarian are not marvel anymore, It Is still Canon to earth-616?
I don't see why it can't be non-canon for Earth-616. Unless something official is said, I'd imagine the comics still count as canon to Earth-616.
(with potential for other Shōnen Jump series, assuming we consider the Jump Force video game as canon, that is)
On that note, after double-checking, if we considered Jump Force as canon for the franchises involved, this would mean including the following franchises on the list:
  • Black Clover
  • Bleach
  • City Hunter
  • Death Note
  • Dragon Ball
  • Dragon Quest (seeing as Jump Force features Dai from Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai)
  • Fist of the North Star
  • Hunter × Hunter
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (the fighting game JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle and its remaster also included Ikuro Hashizawa from Baoh the Visitor [one of Hirohiko Araki's earlier mangas before JJBA] as a playable fighter, though given that the game lacks a story, this probably isn't canon)
  • My Hero Academia (should already be in thanks to All Might's appearance in Deadpool Samurai)
  • Naruto (and by extension, its sequel manga/anime Boruto: Naruto Next Generations)
  • One Piece
  • Rurouni Kenshin
  • Saint Seiya
  • Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • YuYu Hakusho

Last edited:
Going one step further, but there's also the crossover special between Dragon Ball Z, One Piece and Toriko which, despite its dubious canonicity in regards to all three franchises, is still worth mentioning.
dMW2pDp.jpg
And then there's also Isekai Quartet, which is basically a Slice-of-Life crossover between the isekai manga's/animes KonoSuba, Overlord, ReZero, The Saga of Tanya the Evil, The Rising of the Shield Hero and Cautious Hero, right down to the respective VAs (both Japanese and English) reprising their roles. Not sure if there's any ties to the previously mentioned media (although I do recall a reference to Uncle Ben's iconic "with great power, comes great responsibility" line by Itsuki in Shield Hero), but if one can be found, feel free to mention it.
3TZW8mR.jpg

Okay, last post I'll make for now, otherwise I might end up driving selfishmisery insane with these connections I'm digging up.

So, as mentioned previously, KonoSuba is linked to Isekai Quartet (and thus, that includes the other Isekai featured in the anime). However, the official gacha game KonoSuba: Fantastic Days have been known to do collabs with other series, notably ReZero, Overlord, and (a new link) Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Anyways, this'll be the last post I make here for now. I think I've only just gave selfishmisery more work to do.

Latest posts

Back