Civil War 2. Spring 2016.

What did he say that was racist? As I understood it, he said that the title civil war, with the picture of a white guy fighting a black guy might not have been the best idea, considering the history of the American Civil War. It's kind of just inappropriate enough to be funny.

I don't think it's particularly funny, but mostly because the American Civil War wasn't white people fighting black people (although I understand his point). But I don't see how E's comment was racist. Can you explain what you found offensive?
Who said anything about offended? I said racist. How was what he said not racist. It's iron man and captain America fighting. Who he **** cares about what race they are? Racist!!! That's who.

What did he say that was racist? As I understood it, he said that the title civil war, with the picture of a white guy fighting a black guy might not have been the best idea, considering the history of the American Civil War. It's kind of just inappropriate enough to be funny.

I don't think it's particularly funny, but mostly because the American Civil War wasn't white people fighting black people (although I understand his point). But I don't see how E's comment was racist. Can you explain what you found offensive?

Technically the Civil War was about the economic value of slavery and not the morality of it. Lincoln didn't want to get rid of the slaves. Hell, he had a couple if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
Technically the Civil War was about the economic value of slavery and not the morality of it. Lincoln didn't want to get rid of the slaves. Hell, he had a couple if I remember correctly.
*****! We're talking about comics.

Who said anything about offended? I said racist. How was what he said not racist. It's iron man and captain America fighting. Who he **** cares about what race they are? Racist!!! That's who.
Racism:
1 :a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 :racial prejudice or discrimination

So yeah, if E had said, "I hate that Captain America is black now." or "Iron Man is fighting that black guy." That would be racist (and offensive.)

But he didn't say anything like that. He said ,
I love that the series titled Civil War 2 is basically being portrayed as a white guy versus a black guy.
In other words,
"The history of the US involves a civil war that was largely tied up with racism and slavery, so Marvel should have thought of that before they promoted their civil war comic with a big picture of different races fighting. It's pretty funny that they didn't think of that!"

How is that racist?

Last edited:
What do you think he meant when he said, what he did? He ****ing said what he said.

How else would someone take that? Why would anyone LOVE that a white guy vs a black guy? Are you serious or just dumb?

What do you think he meant when he said, what he did? He ****ing said what he said.

How else would someone take that? Why would anyone LOVE that a white guy vs a black guy? Are you serious or just dumb?

Hey man, maybe I am dumb. But I'm having this conversation by trying to hear you out and explain my point of view rather than by name calling.

So you took it that he was saying that he loves it when people of different races fight in general? Sure, that would be a racist thing to say. But I guarantee you that's not what he meant. Can you see that there might be a different way to understand what he meant?

How am I suppose to know. I don't know him. And I didn't call you names. I asked, do you not see the question mark?

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

Well if you don't know him, don't jump to conclusions.

Hahahahahahahaha
I'm so done with this conversation. All the best to you.
Jump to conclusions? I do recall, I asked him why, also. I asked why it couldn't be cap vs iron man. It's you both jumping.

When it's Marvel doing it to pander, absolutely.

This.

Racism:
1 :a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 :racial prejudice or discrimination

So yeah, if E had said, "I hate that Captain America is black now." or "Iron Man is fighting that black guy." That would be racist (and offensive.)

But he didn't say anything like that. He said ,

In other words,
"The history of the US involves a civil war that was largely tied up with racism and slavery, so Marvel should have thought of that before they promoted their civil war comic with a big picture of different races fighting. It's pretty funny that they didn't think of that!"

How is that racist?

And this. Exactly.

Major Hero To Die in CIVIL WAR II

"A mysterious new Marvel character comes to the attention of the world, one who has the power to calculate the outcome of future events with a high degree of accuracy," reads a synopsis provided by Marvel. "This predictive power divides the Marvel heroes on how best to capitalize on this aggregated information, with Captain Marvel leading the charge to profile future crimes and attacks before they occur, and Iron Man adopting the position that the punishment cannot come before the crime.

"People's personal accountability is the theme of this one," said Bendis. "From the way cops are acting on camera, to the way people talk to each other online.""

1796455_879253105506488_3777879626311611203_n.jpg

On one hand I have no feelings about this whatsoever because I know it will be crap until the ending, which will be even worse. On the other hand I feel like I need to trudge through it to be somewhat up on what's going on.

I wonder if there will be five thousand tie-ins like the first one.

On one hand I have no feelings about this whatsoever because I know it will be crap until the ending, which will be even worse. On the other hand I feel like I need to trudge through it to be somewhat up on what's going on.

I wonder if there will be five thousand tie-ins like the first one.

Since when does Marvel make unnecessary tie-ins? Come on E, you're being a little silly.

Re: Marvel: Your Universe Thread

Civil War II and All-New Wasp FCBD

Marvel has announced that one of its two 2016 Free Comic Book Day titles will be FCBD Civil War II #1. With the annual event on May 7, this special one-shot will come out just weeks before the debut of the Civil War II series itself by Brian Michael Bendis and David Marquez. This FCBD one-shot will be by Bendis and Jim Cheung, promising a "snapshot of the conflict that will split the Marvel Universe in two!"

In addition, FCBD Civil War II #1 will have a back-up story by All-New All-Different Avengers writer Mark Waid and artist Alan Davis introducing an All-New Wasp. Marvel has confirmed to Newsarama that the recent "Best Beware My Sting" teaser was a portent for this debut.

Latest posts

Back