Civil War series discussion (spoilers)

How would you rate Civil War?

• Total voters
2 stars.

A decent story that was fundamentally flawed and accomplished nothing.

How can something be fundamentally flawed and accomplish nothing, but still be decent? :?

I hate to say this as I like these things but

Enterprise.

Star Wars Episode 1

Dragonball GT

an example of somthing I hate but others think of it as decent and the idea was fundamentally flawed and the story accomplish nothing :

Superman returns

it is possible for them to co-exist

I don't know.

I wouldn't say Enterprise is decent, and I wouldn't say Superman Returns is fundamentally flawed.

But Phantom Menace... you're right on that one. Good point.

I'm voting three because I thought the first two issues were great, and I liked 7, but the rest of it kind of sucked. I like what it did for the Marvel Universe and I'm excited about the company moving forward.

I don't know.

I wouldn't say Enterprise is decent, and I wouldn't say Superman Returns is fundamentally flawed.

But Phantom Menace... you're right on that one. Good point.

When I mentioned Superman returns it was the whole doing a sequel years after the original and having them dress like they did years ago but saying it is our time = a very very flawed Idea but I'll drop that.

How can something be fundamentally flawed and accomplish nothing, but still be decent? :?

"Accomplishes nothing" is more of a criticism of the hype on the book than the book itself. Similar to New Avengers Ronin. Not a bad story (pretty good, actually), but totally not worth the ridiculous hype.

On the surface it's a decent story. Good art. A few good moments.

As a major Marvel event which changes the makeup of the MU...I'd give it an F. MINUS!

"Accomplishes nothing" is more of a criticism of the hype on the book than the book itself. Similar to New Avengers Ronin. Not a bad story (pretty good, actually), but totally not worth the ridiculous hype.

On the surface it's a decent story. Good art. A few good moments.

As a major Marvel event which changes the makeup of the MU...I'd give it an F. MINUS!

...But it did change the makeup of the MU... Didn't it?

...But it did change the makeup of the MU... Didn't it?

... How? All it did was put Cap in jail and Spidey in the black costume and against the law. No wait, the law always hated him.

Ah - at the end of Civil War, Cap is in suspended animation and Spidey is in the black costume.

Did we just travel back in time? I'd hate to think the 'new' Marvel is the 'old' Marvel with 'new' slapped across it.

... How? All it did was put Cap in jail and Spidey in the black costume and against the law. No wait, the law always hated him.

Ah - at the end of Civil War, Cap is in suspended animation and Spidey is in the black costume.

Did we just travel back in time? I'd hate to think the 'new' Marvel is the 'old' Marvel with 'new' slapped across it.

I'm just waiting until we go back to Marvel Classic, now there's a marketing ploy

You'd rather this be all about an outrage over something that has happened a trillon times in the past?

Why wouldn't this Civil War come about at the end of Morrison's New-Xmen run?

Nevermind the other times a writer's ending has involved a multitude of deaths.

This public outcry/reaction and the heroes reactions better be the cause of something other than 800-900 deaths, that's all I'm saying.

If it was mephisto, the doc strange should be able to sense it, stopping any of this from happening. NO matter what you do, it's gonna feel like a cop out and the teamsters will bury in a stadium.

I think it's pretty cynical to assume nothing has changed. I mean sure the characters, regardless of if they're legal superheroes or not, are still gonna come out on top. But I don't think it's about the scenery changing so much as the climate. What kind of major change did you expect? Vision with R0b0boobz? I think it shook things up enough.

I was expecting a change that would "change my life and the way I look at Marvel comics" or whatever hyperbole they used to sell the series. That's all.

It's not that what changed was bad, it just strikes me as not being as momentous as they made it out to be. 's all.

I was expecting a change that would "change my life and the way I look at Marvel comics" or whatever hyperbole they used to sell the series. That's all.

It's not that what changed was bad, it just strikes me as not being as momentous as they made it out to be. 's all.

the change was, you had to buy 160 comics to find what the **** was going on. and it did change your life cuz now you not no more money left and you wont look at marvel comics the same again.

the change was, you had to buy 160 comics to find what the **** was going on. and it did change your life cuz now you not no more money left and you wont look at marvel comics the same again.

nigma just broke Marvel's marketing plan.

Latest posts

Back