Clone saga speculation (spoilers)

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #102 (spec)

Random said:
The problem with most of those arcs were the ending, most of them start off good but the endings drop in quallity. And the main problme with the series as a whole is that they are holding off all the conspiracies and long term plotlines for #100 and we get a bunch of filler, which is okay but not for like 20 some issues. There's a bunch of great stories that are never fully explored or just cut off before anything really interesting happens. Bottom line, Bendis needs to go.

Indeed. I give Bendis credit for leaving a lot of things open so that someone else could come in and do something with all the little teases he's thrown in there.

But he needs to leave so that someone else can do something with them.

Victor Von Doom said:
If I see an Ultimate Scarlet Spider.......I'm dropping this title.

Eh, not necessarily for me. Depends on how it's done.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Here's my speculation. This book has hit rock bottom.

I agree. MJ "transforming" makes me just about lose all hope.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Here's my speculation. This book has hit rock bottom.

Well, look at the bright side. Just 18 more issue till Bendis said, he'll drop USM.

I thought Bagley was leaving? Bendis is too? That's the best news I've heard all week if it is!

Foolsfolly said:
I thought Bagley was leaving? Bendis is too? That's the best news I've heard all week if it is!

Yah, he said it a while ago. Some of us thought, it was Bendis and Bagley at the same time. But I guess Bagley's leavin' ten issue before Bendis.

the watcher said:
Yah, he said it a while ago. Some of us thought, it was Bendis and Bagley at the same time. But I guess Bagley's leavin' ten issue before Bendis.

Until you give us actual proof (and not a fake article you conjure up), I can't believe anything you say.

ProjectX2 said:
Until you give us actual proof (and not a fake article you conjure up), I can't believe anything you say.

We talked about this a while ago, I sure of it. I remember feel joyful of the news and I didn't post it.

Foolsfolly said:

Ditto.

Bendis and Bagley were a great team. . .until Irresponsible. That arc was weak. Cats and Kings and Hollywood were decent, but not compared to anything before them. Ultimate Six was pointless, Carnage SUCKED, Superstars SUCKED, Hobgoblin was decent. . .until the ending SUCKED, Warriors was on the Cats and Kings level, Silver Sbale was mediocre, Deadpool. . .well, Deadpool was UIM bad, Morbius SUCKED, and now we're at the Clone Saga.

And Clone Saga had promise. . .until they decided to bring Gwen back and "transform" MJ. Now, who knows, maybe Bendis'll suprise me, but his track record says otherwise. . .

the watcher said:

Even if thats true, its still another year and a half to two years away...not exactly soon, but it is what it is. We'll see what he does in the meantime.

I listened to the chunk at the end of the newest audio Bendis interview at Word Balloon, and he said he had ideas for another 30 issues at least after Bags leaves, which takes us up to 140 at least...

Downloadable here, for source-requesters: http://www.wordballoon.com/BENDIS.html

I smell Haters.....

Why do I get the feeling that most of the posts I've read were posted by individuals who hate Bendis, think Bagleys' art is terrible and really haven't enjoyed the last two years of issues. I've been a Bagley fan since way back in his Amazing Spider-man days and although I think he's lazy at times he has improved so much from when I was a little kid. I was reading through all the crap that went down in the 90's and compared to that Bendis is so much better as far as the flow of the story. Just my opinionated observation.

DGspider-fan said:
I smell Haters.....

Why do I get the feeling that most of the posts I've read were posted by individuals who hate Bendis, think Bagleys' art is terrible and really haven't enjoyed the last two years of issues. I've been a Bagley fan since way back in his Amazing Spider-man days and although I think he's lazy at times he has improved so much from when I was a little kid. I was reading through all the crap that went down in the 90's and compared to that Bendis is so much better as far as the flow of the story. Just my opinionated observation.

But then you have to pin him against todays standards and picky bastards like MWoF. Basically if you please him I'm interested. Not that there are haters, rather people who dislike him and want to choke a good issue out of him if that's what it takes. Sure he's good compared to the 90's but then who isn't right now. If the majority speaks out, theres something wrong.

DGspider-fan said:
I smell Haters.....

I smell fanboy.

Seriously, I don't hate Bendis or Bagley. But this book is not as good as it used to be, plain and simple. It's stale and it could use some fresh blood.

Bendis has written some of my favorite comics ever. Criticizing is not hating. Give me a break.

Hibiki said:
But then you have to pin him against todays standards and picky bastards like MWoF. Basically if you please him I'm interested. Not that there are haters, rather people who dislike him and want to choke a good issue out of him if that's what it takes. Sure he's good compared to the 90's but then who isn't right now. If the majority speaks out, theres something wrong.

Good Point. Even I must admit the book hasn't been at it's best but I still enjoy every issue, yes even the deadpool arc. I love anything that Bagley does, he's the reason I started reading ASM and USM, so I'm biased.

E said:
I smell fanboy.

Seriously, I don't hate Bendis or Bagley. But this book is not as good as it used to be, plain and simple. It's stale and it could use some fresh blood.

Bendis has written some of my favorite comics ever. Criticizing is not hating. Give me a break.

Here's your break. I'll admit I am a huge Bagley fan. Call me a fanboy if you like but I wasn't calling anyone inparticular a hater. I just think its a little strange to read so much dissapointment in the posts yet people still read the new issues every month right? I'd have no problem if Bendis left. I will miss Bagleys art no matter what. Fanboy? I guess if you say so.

i think the clone saga has been ok right now. it has the potential to be a great arc, and the fact that they have carnage appearing and causing chaos for a few issues is great; they won't rush it to its death again (hopefully). and though everyone is freaking out that they'll change mj into something, i'd still keep reading it just to see if they'd repair the damage. besides, why does mj have to be a suerhero? what if she got turned into a villian? what if mj became the goblin queen? think about it. the original had red hair so in looks it wouldn't me much different. this could be a way for harry to have mj, and osborn to get back at peter, by turing the one he loves into a possible great enemy. the arc after the clone saga is said to be called "death of a goblin", so i dont think they'd really change mj untill after the clone saga. and the changed mj could even be -yes i know, more- a clone, though i don't know how they would do it. they did ask what was up with her during the end of morbius/beginning of the clone saga.

ps. fury is FINNALY taking down peter?!?! maybe we'll see the ultimate spider-slayer.

Wait a minute I don't even know what a fanboy is......

DGspider-fan said:
I smell Haters.....

I smell noob. :roll:

E said:
I smell fanboy.

Even funnier.

B-B-B-BUUUUUUUURRRRRRNNNNN!!!!!

E said:

Exactly.

DGspider-fan said:
I wasn't calling anyone inparticular a hater.

But didn't you quote E in another thread and say he's hating??? :sure:

So one could assume that you are singling him out. Boy...you sure are off to a great start here. :roll:

I still blame Ice. :x

Last edited:

DGspider-fan said:
Here's your break. I'll admit I am a huge Bagley fan. Call me a fanboy if you like but I wasn't calling anyone inparticular a hater. I just think its a little strange to read so much dissapointment in the posts yet people still read the new issues every month right? I'd have no problem if Bendis left. I will miss Bagleys art no matter what. Fanboy? I guess if you say so.

Easy - i was just kidding.

Yes, I read every month. I enjoy the characters, and I guess a small part of me hopes Bendis can get things back to what they used to be, because this used to be my favorite book.

And I agree with you about Bags's art. I was a huge fan of his ASM work too - I loved that book in spite of the horrendous stories (Spider-Slayers? Robot parents? Ugh). But his art isn't as good or as consistant as it was.

And besides, I find books a lot more enjoyable when I know the creative team is enjoying making them. Bagley just doesn't give me that impression based on his interviews. I'm sure he'd deny it, and I'm sure to some people that's a dick-y thing to say, but I don't mean anything bad by it.

If he doesn't like it, he should do something he *does* like and give someone else a shot at it. That's all.

E said:
Easy - i was just kidding.

Yes, I read every month. I enjoy the characters, and I guess a small part of me hopes Bendis can get things back to what they used to be, because this used to be my favorite book.

And I agree with you about Bags's art. I was a huge fan of his ASM work too - I loved that book in spite of the horrendous stories (Spider-Slayers? Robot parents? Ugh). But his art isn't as good or as consistant as it was.

And besides, I find books a lot more enjoyable when I know the creative team is enjoying making them. Bagley just doesn't give me that impression based on his interviews. I'm sure he'd deny it, and I'm sure to some people that's a dick-y thing to say, but I don't mean anything bad by it.

If he doesn't like it, he should do something he *does* like and give someone else a shot at it. That's all.

I agree, Bagley gets lazey or bored and it is sooooo obvious when he is.

Latest posts

Back