Clone saga speculation (spoilers)

Issued

I was checking out marvel's november previews
and i came into this sweet little thing

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN # 102
The Story: "CLONE SAGA"
The revelations continue as we learn the secrets of Ben Reilly! Peter Parker tries his best to evade capture by Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D., plus—the transformation of Mary Jane Watson—into what?! And just for good measure—the scarlet sicko, Carnage, goes on the rampage!

May the games begin.There's a lot to talk about this one guys :)

Re: Ultimate Spider-Man #102 (spec)

Is this part 6 of 7 or what? Where does this fall in the Clone Saga?

I'm glad to hear that Ben Reilly has more to him than we know... I knew he couldn't have been another cheesey cameo appearance! :) Not after he took that blood sample, anyway...

If Mary Jane turns into anything having to do with a spider or even super powers, for that matter, I'll flip.

that's the 6th issue.so it's the issue that everything will get simply "hot".

and yup.i am really glad to hear something about ben reilly.and i am 2 times glad that he will actually play a key role on the story.

MJ transforming.oh ,no!!!! i can stop reading USM if she will become spider-girl like the mangaverse :(.

and carnage on the rampage :) some serious chaos i've been waiting for (finally)

oh , shield closing on parker!!! fury got late to take the revenge of that fist :)

USM sounds like it's gonna get a little better some time real soon.If MJ won't be transformed it'll be even better.

Goodwill said:
If Mary Jane turns into anything having to do with a spider or even super powers, for that matter, I'll flip.
*starts building a Goodwill Containment Unit*

Well maybe she turns into something else...maybe she turns 18 or something.

Anyways, I can't wait to read the whole clone saga.....its gonna be awesome(hopefully). But I am telling you guys, Ben Reilly probably dies and a clone takes the name of his beloved creator to become the Scarlet Spider.

Hopefully MJ transforms into something less whiny. Then we just have Peter left :wink:
But it wouldn't surprise me if she is the new Carnage.

Naw that would be extremely gay. Whats wrong with MJ? I think she is a good character because of her relationship with Peter.

Thor said:
Really? Why?

Worst character ever...........after Venom and Carnage.

Seriously....there is just no need for an Ultimate Scarlet Spider.................or any other kinda Spiderman.

Last edited:

I see....

Oh well I don't think Marvel would crumble if it lost one reader :D.

Last edited:

Thor said:
I see....

Oh well I don't think Marvel would crumble if it lost one reader :D.

Not as long as there hundreds of fanboys who are just dying to see some of the worst gimmicks of the 90s ultimized because they think it is "kewl". :roll:

Haha I didn't read comics in the 90's so I don't know everthing and I don't say "kewl". Byt yes other than that you are right.

Last edited:

Um....why? The only arc that hasn't been all good is the Deadpool/Morbius arc. What is wrong with the Clone Saga? I think this book is still just as great and I can't wait until tomorrow.

Thor said:
Um....why? The only arc that hasn't been all good is the Deadpool/Morbius arc.

Wrong again.

The book has been scraping it's feet on bottom of the floor since the end of the Venom arc. And everyone knows it.

• Clone Saga - Not over yet....so it's ok......for now. But with the news of MJ transforming into something just makes everything else that could happen a moot point. It's not looking good.
  • Morbius - Just too weird and not even worth doing. Hell...not even worth reading.
  • Deadpool - O where to begin on the crapfest that is Ultimate Deadpool.
  • Silver Sable - A mediocre arc at best...but when you throw in the continuity error of the video game, it just throws the story off. Weak.
  • Warriors - Meh......nothing special. Oooooooo....new colors. So what? Just because I spray paint dog **** gold don't mean it's jewelry.
  • Hobgoblin - Not a wasted arc.....it just lacked that "umph" to make me care. At least they let Harry be Hobgoblin and not have it be some Johnny No-Good Newcomer
  • Carnage - Way to waste 2critical characters there Bendis.........
  • Superstars - This was just unimpressive. From the 80's "Vice Versa" knock off to Johnny Storm......it just sat there. It was like it was meant to be filler inbetween 2 great big arcs that were gonna change everything for USM.................only the big arcs never came.

Last edited:

Victor Von Doom said:
Wrong again.
The book has been scraping it's feet on bottom of the floor since the end of the Venom arc. And everyone knows it.
[/LIST]
Eh...well there is no fighting about this because its just opinions man. Anyway I thought you hated Venom?

Thor said:
I thought you hated Venom?

I do. But just because I hate a character don't mean I can't like his so-called origins in the UU.

Rather than having Venom be some retarded substance from space....it was a living organism scientifically designed for medicinal purposes. It was a logical origin and worked just like they said it was supposed to.

But then the character was created and it got dumb.

Well than....point taken, VVD. I too loved the Venom project's background but I did also love the character. It is ok because they have plans for Venom in the future so that might help you a little bit.

Victor Von Doom said:
Wrong again.

• Clone Saga - Not over yet....so it's ok......for now. But with the news of MJ transforming into something just makes everything else that could happen a moot point. It's not looking good.
  • Morbius - Just too weird and not even worth doing. Hell...not even worth reading.
  • Deadpool - O where to begin on the crapfest that is Ultimate Deadpool.
  • Silver Sable - A mediocre arc at best...but when you throw in the continuity error of the video game, it just throws the story off. Weak.
  • Warriors - Meh......nothing special. Oooooooo....new colors. So what? Just because I spray paint dog **** gold don't mean it's jewelry.
  • Hobgoblin - Not a wasted arc.....it just lacked that "umph" to make me care. At least they let Harry be Hobgoblin and not have it be some Johnny No-Good Newcomer
  • Carnage - Way to waste 2critical characters there Bendis.........
  • Superstars - This was just unimpressive. From the 80's "Vice Versa" knock off to Johnny Storm......it just sat there. It was like it was meant to be filler inbetween 2 great big arcs that were gonna change everything for USM.................only the big arcs never came.
The problem with most of those arcs were the ending, most of them start off good but the endings drop in quallity. And the main problme with the series as a whole is that they are holding off all the conspiracies and long term plotlines for #100 and we get a bunch of filler, which is okay but not for like 20 some issues. There's a bunch of great stories that are never fully explored or just cut off before anything really interesting happens. Bottom line, Bendis needs to go.

Latest posts

Back