Cloverfield (Spoilers!)

After a good night's sleep and time to think about it........I'm gonna say that this was a pretty decent movie....but I have no real desire to see it again. I think my liking of the film was more hype than anything.

Like Lynx said....brilliant concept but left a lot to be desired in execution.

I don't know what this is, but it's awesome:

photo11.jpg

it's a boat , do you not have them in new zealand? :p

Last edited:
Just saw it. It was pretty meh.

Wasn't a fan of the camera gimmick. If my friend decides to keep filming for posterity after my brother dies. And after another friend explodes from a monster bite. I'm kicking his ***. Seriously. Put the ****ing camera down *******. That took me out of the movie several times.

2 great parts. 1)Flaming hobo 2)A guy in the back laughed so hard and so loud when the camera survived the helicopter crash that somebody screamed at him to shut the **** up. That just made him laugh harder. Which made everyone in the theater laugh.

I liked it... I mean, its not fantastic, but I didn't find anything about it bad.

solid 8/10 from me.

Cloverfield doing very well in theaters, according to Box Office Mojo:
ComingSoon.Net said:
Paramount Pictures' highly-anticipated Cloverfield dominated the box office its first day in theaters with an estimated $16.8 million from 3,411 theaters. Made for just $25 million (plus marketing costs), the J.J. Abrams-produced movie will easily beat the all-time 3-day January weekend record held by Star Wars: Special Edition ($35.9 million) and the 4-day Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend record held by Black Hawk Down ($33.6 million). Cloverfield's three-day total should come close to $50 million, and the four-day should surpass the $50 million mark.

Saw it last night, loved it, mostly.

Yeah, it's dumb to have Hud carrying around the camera everywhere, but if he didn't, there'd be no movie, so i can give it that. Generally, I thought it was really exciting and the effects were fantastic. The Brooklyn Bridge coming down was an "oh, s***" moment, as was seeing Marlena going a-splode(maybe), and coming around the corner to see Beth's building LEANING on the next one. The whole tunnel sequence was great, too.

The only things that bothered me were, that Beth would just plain have bled to death with that thing sticking out of her if she were lying there for what was probably over an hour for them to get to her. And I couldn't believe they actually survived the helicopter crash. Plus it occurred to me that the end of the tape Rob made with Beth on their day together was at the ferris wheel. We saw footage of them in the train on their way there earlier. Do you think they would've taken an hour and a half of footage that day? he left the camera on for the entire subway ride? and all the while they were in the amusement park?

But anyway, mostly awesome.
8/10.

2)A guy in the back laughed so hard and so loud when the camera survived the helicopter crash that somebody screamed at him to shut the **** up. That just made him laugh harder. Which made everyone in the theater laugh.

We had something similar happen. After the helicopter crashed and the camera was still on, some guy yelled "Damn, that's a ****ing awesome camera!" The whole theater laughed.

Cloverfield doing very well in theaters, according to Box Office Mojo:

It's doing so well, that Meet the Spartans is now trying to cash in on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wfj8fzSLog&feature=related

*insert rage here*

We had something similar happen. After the helicopter crashed and the camera was still on, some guy yelled "Damn, that's a ****ing awesome camera!" The whole theater laughed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And, yeah, I liked the movie, though I wish I had stayed for the credits music. It's from the same guy who made the score for the Incredibles and Ratatouille.

I just saw this today. It's not as good as I thought it would be. And the CGI wasn't that good.

Damn, i guess everyone felt the same way here. Me and my friends had a thought, that if the abomb went sploded, wouldn't that have scrambled the sd card or tape inside the camera, pretty much erasing the data?

Damn, i guess everyone felt the same way here. Me and my friends had a thought, that if the abomb went sploded, wouldn't that have scrambled the sd card or tape inside the camera, pretty much erasing the data?

I very much doubt they dropped a nuclear warhead on New York City, regardless if it was mostly destroyed. The five boroughs are far too compact with people to have evacuated the entire city and, while the blast would probably have only leveled part of Manhatten, the fallout would be too dangerous for the rest of the city. And hell, even Long Island.

It's just a movie. I mean, it's the same reason why the camera was so clear, like a movie camera.

Hmm, apparently, in the final scene, when
it shows the footage of Beth and Robert at Coney Island, something fell into the water in the background. I wish I would have known that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back