Cloverfield (Spoilers!)

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NNxPcgn_Dk

Finally found a version of the trailer... looks pretty awesome.

Rumours on the internet are that it's a monster/disaster movie, and the monster is called "The Parasite".

If this was a Godzilla remake, I would be happy.

Re: JJ Abram's Cloverfield

it does look very cool and everyone in the theater with me (as well as myself, but silently) were saying "Godzilla." But I don't really understand what space explosions and like, asteroids or whatever have to do with Godzilla.

Plus, there were some rumors that the JJ Abrams preview would be a Star Trek teaser so the fact that it wasn't was a little disappointing.

Saw the trailer at Transformers, and while it looked awesome, it did seem confusing a bit like, "What was going on exactly?" and I didn't even see the title shown.

But awesome looking still.

This trailer hasn't been taken down, yet. But there's honestly no telling how long it will be there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llZf7oVLlgY

And the reason there was not title shown is that it doesn't have an official title yet, at least according to some sources. Honestly, no one has a clue what's going on with this right now- what it is, what it's about, or even what it's called. It's got my interest piqued, though, and I haven't even seen it on the big screen yet (I'm seeing Transformers on Friday).

I think it is Godzilla. During the earthquake, and a moment before Miss Liberty's head is chucked into the building, you can seriously hear a roar, very similar to the Toho Godzilla.

It sounded quite similar to the Lost monster when it first roared... Godzilla would be awesome though.

Please be an actual godzilla movie not another GINO film

Please be an actual godzilla movie not another GINO film
What's GINO? :?

It sounded quite similar to the Lost monster when it first roared...
That's what I thought, as well -- but I never heard it in the cinema. We didn't get the "Cloverfield" trailer in the cinema, over here :cry:

So when I saw it on YouTube, I already knew it would be a J.J. Abrams production. That might have affected how the roar sounded, to me.

I understand that the film is meant to be a giant-monster film from an on-the-ground perspective, reconstructed from "found footage" in video cameras, etc. Sort of the Blair Witch approach, applied to the disaster/invasion genre.

Last edited:

I think it is Godzilla. During the earthquake, and a moment before Miss Liberty's head is chucked into the building, you can seriously hear a roar, very similar to the Toho Godzilla.

I'm pretty sure its not. If it were, it'd be a lot more hyped up. Also, "The Parasite" doesn't sound like Godzilla at all.

<Me> Bad robot... I know that... what did they do
<Kevin> Shut up. That looks so good.
<Me> But they didn't show the title
<Kevin> Its called Bad Robot
<Me>.. no... thats the guys that do lost! That does look good!

Honest to god reactions. I'll see it. **** Star Trek.

Also, "The Parasite" doesn't sound like Godzilla at all.
Have you considered that humanity/mankind might be "The Parasite"? :shock:

Whatever is doing the attack might be attempting to take back the planet from us, in the Elder Ones/Cthulu sense.

Whatever is doing the attack might be attempting to take back the planet from us, in the Elder Ones/Cthulu sense.

You... Are... The... Virus....

But an Abrams Lovecraft? I given the way my life's been going I think I'd die the day before that came out. It'd just be too perfect to for me to get to see.

Oooo. I just saw this on youtube. I'm extremely interested. I'll have to see the trailer at the theater (not some crappy version from a Transformers bootleg) to get a better idea of it.

And I doubt that it's Godzilla, but it would be awesome if it was.
GINO-cologists.

Besides all the gratuitous vagina shots, they make terrible Godzilla movies.

Or like the "God" from Authority.

Godzilla In Name Only.

Have you considered that humanity/mankind might be "The Parasite"?

If done properly, that could be one of the best plotlines for a film in a long time.

Actually, the US Godzilla has an official Toho name y'know?

He's officially branded Zilla.

Speaking of C'Thulhu, the rights to Lovecraft's works are held by del Toro, At the Mountain of Madness is in pre-production right now.

Last edited:

At the Mountain of Madness is in pre-production right now.

: orgasms :

I hope it's good.

EDIT:

Although to be nit-picky, I've got to point out that there's only one oblique reference to Cthulhu in "Mountains". Also, I wonder how they're going to script it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back