Cloverfield (Spoilers!)

Re: JJ Abram's Cloverfield

From looking at IMDB, it seems that most people seem to be getting that from the fact that many have misinterpreted the line in the trailer "It's alive!" as "It's a lion!"

Which means that most of them are joking and a few of them are unfortunately serious.

:lol:

Here's some semi-exclusive (but not really) news about Cloverfield. Don't forget before you read it to keep your cursor over the picture for a second or two; there's always a funny (or not) caption there.

It's from the LOST guys (Burk, Goddard, Abrams), but there's no way in heck it's a LOST film.

Oh, and after seeing the trailer, all I can say is,

"Iss Gohzirra!!!"

and

"It's a lion!" :lol:

Curiouser and curiouser. JJ Abrams and co. are going the same route they did with Lost, and putting out websites and blogs that relate to the movie. Don't know if anyone's seen this already, but if you haven't, here's the website addresses:

http://ethanhaaswasright.com

http://ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com

A couple of people over on IMDb think that this event is judgment day or the like. God, that would rock.

Curiouser and curiouser. JJ Abrams and co. are going the same route they did with Lost, and putting out websites and blogs that relate to the movie. Don't know if anyone's seen this already, but if you haven't, here's the website addresses:

http://ethanhaaswasright.com

http://ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com

A couple of people over on IMDb think that this event is judgment day or the like. God, that would rock.

Oohhh, they're going nuts with teh Cthulhu speak in the comments on Ethan Haas Was Wrong!

Abdul Alhazred said:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

We'll recognize that as the Mad Arab, writer of the Necronomicon.

I have now bookmarked all of this. I am now obsessed.

Oohhh, they're going nuts with teh Cthulhu speak in the comments on Ethan Haas Was Wrong!

We'll recognize that as the Mad Arab, writer of the Necronomicon.

I have now bookmarked all of this. I am now obsessed.

I've already played through the game. Some CRAZY stuff (IF this is at all related, it's a tenuous assumption at best, but just up Abram's alley). Anyways, I won't reveal anything other than this is point to August 1st (8-1, all kinds of people bugging on THAT connection) as a day to look towards.

I've already played through the game. Some CRAZY stuff (IF this is at all related, it's a tenuous assumption at best, but just up Abram's alley). Anyways, I won't reveal anything other than this is point to August 1st (8-1, all kinds of people bugging on THAT connection) as a day to look towards.

Game? What game?

If this is about one of the Old Ones/Outer Gods coming to Earth, I will crap my pants.

Oh, and the Ethan Haas things? SCARY, WEIRD AND AWESOME!

This is obviously going to be the greatest thing ever.

Ohw do you get through the 3rd lock???? I've been playing with this ball all night, I got my email from Van n everything.

Ohw do you get through the 3rd lock???? I've been playing with this ball all night, I got my email from Van n everything.

Start from the bottom and work your way up. It's like those jumping peg games where you try to get only one peg remaining.

I promise 4 and 5 are MUCH harder, too. :wink:

Unfortunately, it winds up becoming a huge tease at the end. Oh well.

Last edited:

Start from the bottom and work your way up. It's like those jumping peg games where you try to get only one peg remaining.

I promise 4 and 5 are MUCH harder, too. :wink:

Unfortunately, it winds up becoming a huge tease at the end. Oh well.

OMG!!

What the hell was that??

I hate teasers!!

1/18/08 Site And Trailer Analysis

Well, its definatly not "its a Lion!'

And something else from unfiction. A guy there took the 1/18/08 picture and swapped the sides to get this.

swap.jpg

Looks an awful lot like thats the way the picture started...

This game is creepy. This movie is going to be ****ing awesome.

If anyone has visited the ethanhaaswaswrong.blog, and is wondering what the sanskrit text reads, here it is (transliterated and translated glyph by glyph to the best of my ability)

Are they attempting to scare us into belief?

Ethan Haas would try to strike fear in the heart of me. Do not be taken by the ramblings of a mad man my brothers and sisters. We are all safe.

Interesting note. There's been a thread on IMDB all day where we've been discussing the game and how it could all tie together. And within three minutes of me posting that translation, it was deleted.

Another interesting note. Someone posted the Ethan Haas videos up on Youtube. They were then removed, with the same Paramount warning as the trailer. I'm willing to take this as pretty good proof that the two things are somehow related.

Oh, and someone else claims that the song playing in the trailer is "Joker and the Thief" by Wolfmother, which makes reference to some nice, hazy apocalyptic imagery (as well as referencing "All Along the Watchtower" which has even better apocalyptic imagery) and a "field of clovers". Being the audio on the bootleg is not clear enough for me to tell, can anyone who's seen this in theaters confirm? If not, I'll be seeing it this weekend, so I should be able to.

I'm stuck on Puzzle 4. How do you do this ****? I can only get two of them on.

Finally clocked this mother****er.

Oh, awesome. I can't wait to watch the video and start in on the game.

since the discussion over at IMDB is getting horribly overridden with spam, I just made a message board solely devoted to this. Check it outhere. Absolutely nothing on it, as of yet. Help me get it going ;).

So this isn't a Godzilla film?

Latest posts

Back