Comic Book Writers and Artists Opinions on Comic Book Movies

The Overlord

Hey what positive and negative opinions do comic book writers and artists have on comic book movies?

Just for fun, put some quotes from writers and artists on comic book movies.

Alan Moore's hatred for comicbook movies is so potent it has become tangible. Every day he mails a brick of it to DC for Dan Didio to feast upon.

and everyone else is somewhere in the middle.

it's a common question asked of comic book creators: "On a scale from Stan Lee to Alan Moore, how do feel about this movie?"

Bendis, of course, thinks all of the Marvel movies are amazing.

And Mark Millar approves of all of the adaptations of his comics, no matter how different they are to the source material.

See: Legally Blonde 2, an adaptation of Millar's Chosen.

captaincanuck said:
Has anyone ever noticed that E rarely ever chooses the posts that everyone else has nominated to be post of the day?

How do those sour grapes taste? ;)

Seriously, though, I think E's just being cautious. Because sometimes someone will post something really funny and then Proj will just have to come along and post something even better.

And Mark Millar approves of all of the adaptations of his comics, no matter how different they are to the source material.

See: Legally Blonde 2, an adaptation of Millar's Chosen.

Sorry, Cap! You coulda been a contendah. But Proj had to come along and just be a cont.

;)

it's a common question asked of comic book creators: "On a scale from Stan Lee to Alan Moore, how do feel about this movie?"

I hope that someday something I created gets made into a film and someone asks me how I feel about it in EXACTLY this way.

Ok but have we seen opinions from people like Peter David, Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns, Mark Waid, etc on various comic book movies?

Heck I wonder if Garth Ennis has ever liked a comic book movie, considering he dislikes super heroes? Did he like 30 days of night? How did he feel about the Punisher movies?

Ok but have we seen opinions from people like Peter David, Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns, Mark Waid, etc on various comic book movies?

Dunno about the others, but Grant Morrison's said numerous times that he loves the Christopher Nolan Batman films. If I recall, he also praised the visual style of the Watchmen movie (while simultaneously insulting Alan Moore, of course).

Latest posts

Back