Comic Buying Online

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
So the local (and by local I mean ONLY) comic shop in Panama City doesn't get everything in. And has NO older issues for those wanting to check out a title. So I'm looking into buying comics online.

Does anyone have a couple good sites they can recommend?

Last edited:
Victor Von Doom said:
So the local (read ONLY) comic shop in Panama City doesn't get everything in. And has NO older issues for those wanting to check out a title. So I'm looking into buying comics online.

TGO buys a lot of his comic online. Well, basically everything he orders. He found a site that gives a good deal. I can't remember the name, though.

Victor Von Doom said:
So the local (and by local I mean ONLY) comic shop in Panama City doesn't get everything in. And has NO older issues for those wanting to check out a title. So I'm looking into buying comics online.

Not really for issues. I've bought from Mile High in the past and they were pretty good. I also recommended Comicopia in Boston a while ago.

Mycomicshop.com is a pretty decent back-issue site, much cheaper than mile high.

Oh!

Stupid me!

There's also www.midtowncomics.com

I think they're a good site to buy from online. You can also subscribe to them for comics via online. Like say, Ultimate Spider-Man for example.

Last edited:
Midtowns probably the best. 15% discounts on everything new, you can subscribe as well.

Mile High is good for backissues but can be veeeeery pricey at times.

Mail Order Comics!!!!!!

I order from Mail Order Comics, they offer 36% off on all their comics with a few up to 75% off. They offer weekly, every 2 weeks or monthly shipping. Shipping rates depend on what option you choose and how many comics you order. They also have a great customer service.

Like this past FCBD, I was not going to be able to go to a comic shop and pick up the free comics so I emailed MOC and told them which issues I wanted and they included them in my last package at no additional cost.

My brother-in-law uses Discount Comics. They do 40% off pretty much everything and monthly specials. This month they have Infitite Crisis HC for $12.49 (50% off).

E said:
Not really for issues. I've bought from Mile High in the past and they were pretty good. I also recommended Comicopia in Boston a while ago.

Has anyone on this site besides me been to the actual store?

If so, PM me and tell me how you liked it.

Victor Von Doom said:
I hit Midtown and they had everything I wanted. Sweet!!!!
S'why I love them.

I went to one of their store near Grand Central Station a couple years ago, bought lots of goodies. I even got Ultimate X-Men #15 which took me TWO YEARS (no joke) to find. And they had. $4.

Yeah....I can totally rest easy now. Ever since I got here I've been worried about showing up to the store and them not having what I want.

A few weeks ago I went to the store to get Nextwave#5....and he had 1 copy ordered. 1 copy. Only one person in Panama City was asking for Nextwave.

So I just ordered vol.1 of Fables and Ex Machina. I hear all the praises but never got into 'em. I hope I'm not disappointed.

Victor Von Doom said:
So I just ordered vol.1 of Fables and Ex Machina. I hear all the praises but never got into 'em. I hope I'm not disappointed.
You won't be with Ex Machina. Fables doesn't really get going till volume 2 though.

If you are looking to order TPB, DEF. usehttp://www.instocktrades.com

35% off of all books, not to mention over $50.00, FREE shipping! I have used them ALOT, fast shipping, and when a book came with a little rip, they just sent a new one for free! And their cust. service is also nice, which is major to me

Ultimates said:

35% off of all books, not to mention over $50.00, FREE shipping! I have used them ALOT, fast shipping, and when a book came with a little rip, they just sent a new one for free! And their cust. service is also nice, which is major to me
I'm am definitely going to use them for TPBs. Thanks for the post.

Ultimates said:

Amazon has been selling TPBs and HCs for up to 37% off and free shipping on just $25.

E said:
Amazon has been selling TPBs and HCs for up to 37% off and free shipping on just $25.

True dat. I normally get mone from the LCS....but if they run out before I can grab it...I go thru Amazon.

Latest posts

Back