Comics Continuum previews Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #2

the watcher

See a preview of Ultimate Spider-Man Annual #2 at Comics Continuums. There are no word Bubbles.

And if you look at the T.V. in the police station, you'll see that this takes place after Ultimates 2 #13.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ultimate Spider-Man Annual 2 Preview!

Thanks for the info. Is the Kingpin going to be in the annual or was that a rumor.

Love the art. I hope this doesn't cause any continuity problems with taking place after U2 #13...

Also, you see a nod of Speedball getting arrested. Nice!

Last edited:

Prof. Toad said:
Thanks for the info. Is the Kingpin going to be in the annual or was that a rumor.

So far all I know Spidey, Daredevil, The Punisher, The Kangroo, Shocker, Franklin "Foggy" Nelson, & Captain Jean Dewolff.

Ice said:
Love the art. I hope this doesn't cause any continuity problems with taking place after U2 #13...

After U2 #13?
Hoo boy. I'm really confused about the timeline now..

I hope Brooks takes over for Bagley after he leaves. His art fits the title perfectly.

Sacred&Profane said:
After U2 #13?
Hoo boy. I'm really confused about the timeline now..
Let DIrishB worry about that.

Ice said:

Unless it's taking place "during" or "maybe right before" the events of U2#13. It looks like the news...so who's to say that it's not a live broadcast?

Perhaps the issue covers what's happening in Spidey's life and at the end of the annual he gets taken down by The Liberators. Thus leading into his captured appearance in U2#11.

Ice said:

If that's actually him. He looks a little outta shape--could be any nut in a costume. I think during the "Warriors" arc there was a shot of a woman in 616 Scarlett Witch costume being arrested.

I like that they just throw those easter eggs in there like that. At least that's what I think they are. Just easter eggs rather than stuff to speculate.

thee great one said:
I hope Brooks takes over for Bagley after he leaves. His art fits the title perfectly.

Couldn't agree more.

cmdrjanjalani said:
Is Shocker going to be in every USM Annual?

It reminds you that Spidey doesn't just take on big supervillains all the time. That a lot of his time as Spidey is spent patroling the city stopping crime.

If nothing else--I like that he's in there. He's such a classic staple. Such a great comic relief addition.

Victor Von Doom said:
Unless it's taking place "during" or "maybe right before" the events of U2#13. It looks like the news...so who's to say that it's not a live broadcast?

Perhaps the issue covers what's happening in Spidey's life and at the end of the annual he gets taken down by The Liberators. Thus leading into his captured appearance in U2#11.
Good point!

Victor Von Doom said:
If that's actually him. He looks a little outta shape--could be any nut in a costume. I think during the "Warriors" arc there was a shot of a woman in 616 Scarlett Witch costume being arrested.

I like that they just throw those easter eggs in there like that. At least that's what I think they are. Just easter eggs rather than stuff to speculate.
Well, that's the point of it. It doesn't have to be exactly like him or actually be the character; just look like him, which he does with the suit and being arrested. It's a nice nod, just like the Scarlet Witch being arrested during Warriors. She kept saying, "I'm not crazy! I'm not crazy!" which was of course Bendis nodding to what happened to Scarlet Witch in 616.

Little things like that Bendis does right. :)

Last edited:

Ice said:
Little things like that Bendis does right. :)

Which I give him amazing credit for. He is a fanboy....and acknowledges it. He's like a Big Mac---not the best out there.....but damn if it isn't good while it lasts.

I really like the art... And I really like what we can tell is going on in the story. I am looking forward to this one.

I'm going to jump in with another vote for Yay, art. Like other people said, it really fits the title. Nothing much for the story from this, so yeah. Art was cool

I'm not sure if I should even buy this. The only reason I'm even thinking getting it is because it seems to be a self contained story which might have an interesting story.

I'm looking forward to seeing Captain Jean DeWolf in the title again. I know this is a contained story, but her involvement is mad cool, considering who she worksk for. It should be cool to see how Bendis throws her away.

Goodwill said:
I really like the art... And I really like what we can tell is going on in the story. I am looking forward to this one.

I agree, I became a big fan of Mark Brooks after last year's USM Annual. If anyone is taking over for Bagley anytime soon (once he and Bendis break their long sought after record of 106 issues), I'd really like to see Brooks get a crack at it. Its just different enough from Bagley to have its own identity, but not too different that it'd be a jarring change. Besides, I honestly prefer Brooks' art over Bagley's. At least so far.

Goodwill said:
I'm looking forward to seeing Captain Jean DeWolf in the title again. I know this is a contained story, but her involvement is mad cool, considering who she worksk for. It should be cool to see how Bendis throws her away.

Ultimate Sin-Eater.

DIrishB said:
I agree, I became a big fan of Mark Brooks after last year's USM Annual. If anyone is taking over for Bagley anytime soon (once he and Bendis break their long sought after record of 106 issues), I'd really like to see Brooks get a crack at it. Its just different enough from Bagley to have its own identity, but not too different that it'd be a jarring change. Besides, I honestly prefer Brooks' art over Bagley's. At least so far.
Yes, Brooks is the right man for the job.

And the record is 104. :D

Ice said:
Yes, Brooks is the right man for the job.

Agreed.

And the record is 104. :D

Touche.

This brings up an interesting subject. How long will Bendis and Bagley stay on the title (Clone Saga ends with #102 supposedly, but I've also seen solicits which list Clone Saga as eight parts, meaning lasting until #104) after they break the record? By the end of this year they'll have reached that goal. I think they'll most likely stay on the title for awhile after #104, either to secure their record even more, or merely because they've got a good thing going. So how long do you think Bagley and Bendis will stay on USM?

Latest posts

Back