I got season 1 on dvd. It's now my second favourite show on tv right now! can't wait to see 2+ (though 3+ is not on dvd here)

Seasons 2 & 3 are absolutely classic television. Everything is funny and clever.

I still love season 4 - it seems to be getting a flak but I suspect a lot of that is people who just want to sound cool because they are outraged that Dan Harmon was fired. I mean, it's not exactly the same as it was but it's still funny.

Was that the finale on Monday? That was sort of a weak ending.

Monday? Wait - was there an episode after Jeff graduated?

I didn't think season 4 was as bad as some people did. Then again I kind of got the impression that a lot of hatred for the season had less to do with the writing and more to do with outrage over Dan Harmon being fired. In other words, I'm guessing that some people would have hated season no matter how good it was.

I thought some of the spirit of the show was lost but it seemed largely the same show it's always been.

It definitely didn't have the same feeling as it did with Harmon in charge. The one thing I thought was stupid was build up the Kevin/City College sub-plot, but do nothing with it in the end. They writers didn't know if they were going to be picked up or not for another season, so it was silly for them to end it like that in this season. And even if they did know, it's still bad.

Season 5 will also contain 13 episodes, but will still be a mid-season series since it's been left out of the fall line-up.

It definitely didn't have the same feeling as it did with Harmon in charge. The one thing I thought was stupid was build up the Kevin/City College sub-plot, but do nothing with it in the end. They writers didn't know if they were going to be picked up or not for another season, so it was silly for them to end it like that in this season. And even if they did know, it's still bad.

I have a hard time holding that against them. If I remember correctly, the move to mid-season was almost literally done at the last minute. On top of that, a number of Pierce stories (or at least lines) had to be Chang-ed or removed because Chevy Chase walked out during filming.

There is? Well that's good news, even better if they bring Harmon back. Chevy left the show, right? So at least there won't be any reoccurring animosity behind the scenes.

I think I read that Ken Jeong is likely gone too because he signed on to another show.

Rumor going around NBC might bring back Dan Harmon for season 5.

Also there's a season 5.

Oh really? That's good news then. (Did anyone else notice the "SIX SEASONS AND A MOVIE" on the chalkboard behind the graduation/wedding scene?)

Monday? Wait - was there an episode after Jeff graduated?
Sorry, I meant Thursday.

I didn't think season 4 was as bad as some people did. Then again I kind of got the impression that a lot of hatred for the season had less to do with the writing and more to do with outrage over Dan Harmon being fired. In other words, I'm guessing that some people would have hated season no matter how good it was.

I thought some of the spirit of the show was lost but it seemed largely the same show it's always been.

I don't know. I really don't care about all the Harmon stuff. I still liked it, but it felt sort of thrown together and half-***ed for lack of a better term.

yeah, that was anti-climactic.

Chang should have never been removed as the Spanish teacher. The episode where Annie outed him was fine, but he should've gone back again. He was never as good or as enjoyable since then.

I agree with whoever said the show lost its "heart". The show WAS funny, but it's just didn't seem like is old self...

I applaud the writers for trying to progress their characters and have a Troy/Britta combo with Abed learning to cope with reality on his own. Jeff finally passing. But Ken Jeong was wasted this season.

Honestly I'm trying to think back on this season's highlights and the only thing I can think of is Abed's African penpal who turned out to be true. And Annie's boobs.

See, I thought the "Kevin" bit was hilarious, although the ending of the whole thing was kind of lame.

I ordered season 3 from usa. I decided I couldn't help it i needed to see it soon and it's not on dvd here till september, though I'll buy uk version too so i can use it on more players

Latest posts

Back