I believe Annie was the one who voted for Pierce, since her card was the Ace of hearts and all. The rest of them were black cards.

Yes.

Next episode is apparently based on Star Wars.

[video=youtube;QDvYNPqDujw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDvYNPqDujw&feature=player_embedded#at=34[/video]

[video=youtube;eFY8n66jJp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFY8n66jJp4[/video]

my buddy and I are going to have a season 2 marathon on Monday in prep for season 3 premiering on Thursday. I've only seen about a quarter of the second season so far (not in order).

I love pretty much everything about this show (although Pierce's dirty old man comments get old for me).

My favourite scenes/lines are usually from Troy and Abed's adventures together, but I also really enjoy some of Shirley's 'Christian' moments

"We've got to find this person for Abed, unless it's a boy, then we've got to find him for Jesus."

Annie: "When you found out I was Jewish you invited me to a pool party and then tried to baptize me"
Shirley: "Well excuse me for trying to sneak you into heaven"

"You need to be careful, Abed's father is a radical muslim. They aren't as understanding as Christians, you cold get beheaded with a salami sword!"

Captain Canuck said:
my buddy and I are going to have a season 2 marathon on Monday in prep for season 3 premiering on Thursday. I've only seen about a quarter of the second season so far (not in order).

I love pretty much everything about this show (although Pierce's dirty old man comments get old for me).

My favourite scenes/lines are usually from Troy and Abed's adventures together, but I also really enjoy some of Shirley's 'Christian' moments

"We've got to find this person for Abed, unless it's a boy, then we've got to find him for Jesus."

Annie: "When you found out I was Jewish you invited me to a pool party and then tried to baptize me"
Shirley: "Well excuse me for trying to sneak you into heaven"

"You need to be careful, Abed's father is a radical muslim. They aren't as understanding as Christians, you cold get beheaded with a salami sword!"

Community and Parks And Recreation are my two favorite shows on right now.

The Dungeons & Dragons episode was all kinds of awesome.

I watched the season 3 premiere. It was good, but this is the first time i've ever watched just one episode. It was weird. Usually I watch 5 or 6 in one sitting.

Also, I've noticed that the season premieres tend to barely address the "cliff hangers" from the previous seasons' finales.

Season 1 finale: Britta and Slater both say they love Jeff. Jeff then kisses Annie
Season 2 premiere: Britta says saying that was a mistake, Jeff says kissing Annie was a mistake. Slater is never seen from again.

Season 2 finale: Pearce leaves the group
Season 3 premiere: Pearce is back in after Jeff learns what it's like to be the outsider for one episode.

These "big game changing events" happen in the finales and then then status quo is back after one episode. It's like reading a Bendis comic.

But other than that, great episode. John Glover was awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a spoiler thread! None needed!!

Also loved the mention/reference to Cougar Town as well as their version of Doctor Who. Awesome. :lol:

community-cast-as-batman-villains-2756-1323727244-3.jpg

NBC's handling of this series for the 4th season is a joke. They should have just cancelled it; they obviously don't believe in it since they moved it to the Friday night graveyard. If they were going to do this, there was really no point in firing Dan Harmon; I think they are just appeasing hardcore fans of the show but they way they are handling accomplishes exactly the opposite.

I don't think Harmon is blameless here; he obviously is difficult to work with and handled some of the show's problems poorly. And there's no way they were going to fire Chevy Chase over him (even though their reasoning is, again, the complete opposite of what the fans would want or expect). But he absolutely WAS the show.

They should've just ended it after 3 seasons. NBC sucks.

NBC's handling of this series for the 4th season is a joke. They should have just cancelled it; they obviously don't believe in it since they moved it to the Friday night graveyard.

Are you saying they're handling it wrong because putting it in the Friday slot shows they don't expect it will last past next season? (among other things)

I haven't been watching the show this season at all. One of my friends will probably pick up the season on DVD and we'll have a marathon. But my feeling has always been that this show shouldn't last beyond 4 seasons anyway. They're in college, it just makes sense for them to end the show when the college career ends.

Are you saying they're handling it wrong because putting it in the Friday slot shows they don't expect it will last past next season? (among other things)

They don't care if it does. The best and cheapest way to appease the vocal fan base is to give it a lower quality final season and let it die a season-long (or half season) death Friday nights. That lets them justify the inevitably lower numbers when they cancel it after the season.

I haven't been watching the show this season at all. One of my friends will probably pick up the season on DVD and we'll have a marathon. But my feeling has always been that this show shouldn't last beyond 4 seasons anyway. They're in college, it just makes sense for them to end the show when the college career ends.

Ends? Pierce has been going to Greendale for 12 years!

I felt the last season was lackluster. The episode that pulled it out of the gutter for me was the video game episode. Cleverly done.

But yeah, Dan Harmon I felt went to the same well too often, when he found something that worked. A second paintball episode (well, two of them really), a second clip show that didn't happen episode, and so forth. It was kinda disheartening after awhile.

The writers of Happy Endings are clever, let's see if they can bring it to a different arena.

Latest posts

Back