Countdown Series Discussion (SPOILERS!)

Query: The two monitors at the end suggest that the red-robin and duela are from a different earth, but at the start we saw Darkseid pick up duela and put her down somewhere else. So why does he need to "purge" jason todd? is this in a different book or will it be explained in #2?

I'm not really familiar with any of the characters in this first issue, i can't really tell if I'll like this series or not yet

Query: The two monitors at the end suggest that the red-robin and duela are from a different earth, but at the start we saw Darkseid pick up duela and put her down somewhere else. So why does he need to "purge" jason todd? is this in a different book or will it be explained in #2?

I'm not really familiar with any of the characters in this first issue, i can't really tell if I'll like this series or not yet

Jason Todd is not from other Earth. The monitor that was trying to purge him said that not only the ones from other earths but the ones that defied death should be purged too... And Jason Todd came back by a punch in reality...

Jason Todd is not from other Earth. The monitor that was trying to purge him said that not only the ones from other earths but the ones that defied death should be purged too... And Jason Todd came back by a punch in reality...

Is the punch in reality to do with superboy in his box after IC? I thought Robin came back in 'Under the Hood' before that.

Yeah but it was revealed that Superboy caused it in the Batman Annual.

I really liked it. It's seem a strong start.

And I ingore the Nightwing arc. That never ever happened.

Is the punch in reality to do with superboy in his box after IC? I thought Robin came back in 'Under the Hood' before that.

It was all around the same time "comic time"

And I ingore the Nightwing arc. That never ever happened.

Yeah, whenever they're given the opportunity I think that'll happen too

Last edited:
I know this may sound silly, but I think the 'Great Disaster', the countdown, is for the big cataclysmic event that will reboot all the titles.

I look at this and think the only thing they could do that could possibly top the overhyped nonsense of Infinite Crisis and 52 is to actually fully end the DCU and start it all over again.

Though that would defeat the purpose of them redefining DCU continuity over the last two years....

I thought if Infinite Crisis..was a sequel (of sorts) to Crisis on Infinite Earths.
We could be counting down to some sort of Zero Hour: Crisis in Time Sequel. Zero Crisis..think about it Zero is the opposite of Infinity

I know this may sound silly, but I think the 'Great Disaster', the countdown, is for the big cataclysmic event that will reboot all the titles.

I look at this and think the only thing they could do that could possibly top the overhyped nonsense of Infinite Crisis and 52 is to actually fully end the DCU and start it all over again.

Though that would defeat the purpose of them redefining DCU continuity over the last two years....

I'm a big continuity fan, especially DC, but I think I might be cool with that. As long as they got tier one talent to shepard it. Say have a long term history that makes sense, but start everything over again.

Or maybe I'm just too optimistic.

They should have done that after Infinite Crisis, I reckon. Have everything start over at #1, new direction, new teams etc. Then you've still got your big Grant Morrison on Batmans and your Geoff Johns on Supermans and stuff. I don't like all this Countdown stuff. I'm sick of events and tie ins.

So I read just #51... how come Darkseid is still Darkseid? Grant Morrison made him find the Anti-Life Equation and he became "Dark Side." What happened to all of that? I'm so confused about the new Gods.

And Duela Dent - isn't she a good Titan now?

So I read just #51... how come Darkseid is still Darkseid? Grant Morrison made him find the Anti-Life Equation and he became "Dark Side." What happened to all of that? I'm so confused about the new Gods.

And Duela Dent - isn't she a good Titan now?

But he was dreaming, I thought.

And she is and isn't. She's switched like 8 times in John's run.

I think it may have been an alternate-earth deula....where was morrison's dark sied anti-equation story?

In the Seven Soldiers: Mister Miracle mini... I might have to reread it.

Darsied did find the anti life equation, he used it against Mister Miracle and failed. He was calling himself Dark Side while he was in that black hole, and screwing with Mister Miracle in his attempt to get the Mother Box.

As for the newest article on Newsarama about 52, why is Eclispo wearing a pin that says "What would Mr. Mind do?"

I found it to be humorous

Bought and read the issue today. It was ok, but didn't Duela become a Titan 2 issues ago in Teen Titans, as Project said?

It doesn't seem to be as interesting as 52, and I hate the multiverse. But I'll stick with it anyway.

Latest posts

Back