Countdown Series Discussion (SPOILERS!)

The second one was better than the first, let's just hope that it gets better and better.

Also, Red Hood is starting to get cool.

Boring. You'd think if DC were doing another weekly series, they'd make it much more interesting than the first one. Obviously not.

I feel that Jimmy Olsen in near death situations is going to be a running gag during Countdown. In every issue or so, he'll be placed in a dangerous situation. Similar to the situation on Lost, someone will determine he must die, and it's just a countdown until when he will.

I want to see what Ray Palmer is doing.

I liked the issue and where it is going.

But how does Olsen know who the Red Hood is and Nightwing?

Which is stupid. Than it would be easy to know who Batman is.

And Superman has no problem revealing other people's secret id, but won't reveal his own.

I think the whole world knows that he's Clark Kent and is just playing a joke on him.

"You honestly thought you could fool us with a pair of glasses?"

7124_400x600.jpg

52 #52

So to answer your question, no I don't think they should make the Countdown #0 cover similair to the 52 #1 cover. They already did that with 52 #52.

Are there two Steels in the DCU?

While your post was most amusing, it didn't really answer my question. I haven't read much DC so I honestly don't know.

Jerk.

Well, there's Steel. And his niece is Steel. And that guy up there is Citizen Steel. Who's a legacy character based on the original Steel.

Well, there's Steel. And his niece is Steel. And that guy up there is Citizen Steel. Who's a legacy character based on the original Steel.

The two you need to know are, one in Justice Society who hasn't yet manifested his power but will by the end of the next arc, he'll become that guy in the picture Citizen steel...cuz his grandad was Commander steel in the JSA and that's how the JSA works. The other is prominent character in 52, but I haven't finished reading that and he hasn't appeared in any one year later titles, he was saved by superman and when superman died was one of the SupermEn to take over (by becoming iron man with a big thor hammer)

The wiki article tells all http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_(comics)

Last edited:
I suffered through 52 waiting for something to happen that would mean anything and, besides Black Adam going ape on the whole world, I was let down. I bought the first two issues of Countdown on Wednesday and again, I'm getting a case of the blahs.

As much as I keep hearing that DC's got better stories, I really don't see how. Outside of certain books from Vertigo and Wildstorm and both All-Star series, I still think DC sucks.

Too many capes, and I'm tired of Golden Age heroes popping up in their outdated costumes and acting like they're going to accomplish something... and as much as I've heard friends and people here on the 'net talking about Marvel's storylines being convoluted and confusing... HAVE THEY READ THIS CRAP? It's like DC's throwing monkey dung at the wall and seeing which pile sticks. None of it is sticking.

Blow up the multiverse already. Give us a break.

I suffered through 52 waiting for something to happen that would mean anything and, besides Black Adam going ape on the whole world, I was let down. I bought the first two issues of Countdown on Wednesday and again, I'm getting a case of the blahs.

As much as I keep hearing that DC's got better stories, I really don't see how. Outside of certain books from Vertigo and Wildstorm and both All-Star series, I still think DC sucks.

Too many capes, and I'm tired of Golden Age heroes popping up in their outdated costumes and acting like they're going to accomplish something... and as much as I've heard friends and people here on the 'net talking about Marvel's storylines being convoluted and confusing... HAVE THEY READ THIS CRAP? It's like DC's throwing monkey dung at the wall and seeing which pile sticks. None of it is sticking.

Blow up the multiverse already. Give us a break.

You will never speak directly to my face ever again. A personal assistant shall relay any messages you may have to me. She will be hot, and easy, and her services will be paid for by you.

That is all.

I didn't realize I'd spoken to your face already. If you have a hot personal assistant though, I'll gladly speak with her. However, I won't speak to her about crappy DC comics...

...and I'm not paying.

I didn't realize I'd spoken to your face already. If you have a hot personal assistant though, I'll gladly speak with her. However, I won't speak to her about crappy DC comics...

...and I'm not paying.

We'll also have to fashion some sort of helmet for you.

I feel like, yeah, a lot of the plots in DC are a lot more out there, and they tend to involve more of a fantasy type setting, but I don't think that makes them any more difficult to get into. And I feel like the writers currently at DC are a lot better at telling stories than most of the people over at Marvel.

Maybe you could refer me to some DC titles that won't make me feel like my money's being wasted. Like I said, I've only been reading 52, Countdown and I read the Infinite Crisis (again, I didn't like it). I read the All-Star books which are great, and I read quite a few Vertigo and Wildstorm books. Action Comics isn't too bad, either.

I'm just saying... 52 bored me to death and Countdown's not looking too good either.

PS. I don't need a helmet, I've got a hard head.

Latest posts

Back