D to the rama baby.

Ultimate Houde

UC's Resident Genetic Recombinator
I hate text messages. It is a known fact, if you want to talk to me, take the damn effort to call me. Every single one of my friends know this. Yesterday I recieved a text, that went like this.

Ignore me if you want, but I want my stuff back

I pause, and look at the message, completely random and completely foriegn to me. The person texting me is a friend who knows I hate text messages. But this seems like is was a string to other messages, I break my rule of never replying and call him up.

"Hello," I state into the phone.
"Hey, what's going on?"

Ok, so he seemed like he was pissed off at me in the text, yet he's acting fine right now as if nothing is wrong, I probe in my subtle way.

"What's with the text?"

See, completely subtle.

"Your an ***, that's what."

I bite.

"Okay, I'll bite, how am I ignoring you?"
"I've sent you about three messages, you never responded."

I quickly glance at my cell, and sure enough they're three messages there. My cell phone doesn't make any noise when I get a text, and most of the time I never notice I have them.

"That's nice, I never recieved them, plus you know if I did I'd never respond to them."
"Anyone could tell I was pissed."
"Did you miss the part how I never recieved them?"
"Dude, you always start drama."

There's the word, I hate beyond a shadow of a doubt, drama. I never start drama, if someone pisses me off, I tell them about it, face to face, I don't hide behind conspiracy rumors, and gossip, never have, never will. I've even touched upon this once before with a rant whose sole purpose was to annouce to people how I hate drama.

"Dude, I hate drama."

See, what I tell you.

"You started it."
"You mind telling what I started?"
"It was in my text messages."
"Did you miss the part how I never recieved them?"
"HOUDE! I AM SO PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!"
"I can tell, wondered how I pissed you off though. Man, you're starting to sound like a girl."

I speak so openly, it can confuse people sometimes. In fact, my real debating tool is brutal honesty. It throws people off.

"Why did you say that?"
"Say what?"
"It was..."

I didn't even let him finish this time.

"Did you miss the part now I never recieved no stinking text messages!"

I delete said text messages from my phone without opening them during this sentence.

"You had no buisness callling me that!"
"Since you still have yet to tell me what I called you, and when you want to, call me back. You may want to take some estrogen pills first though."

My wit, it's so razor sharp.

"Fine, for calling me an *******."
"I did? Seriously, even if I did, your pissed off about that? Oh, I thought it was about something serious."
"This is SERIOUS!"

I think of the recent South Park with Al Gore and how he kept saying cereal instead of serious. I laugh openly.

"What are you laughing about?"
"Al Gore."
"What?"
"See, there was this...."
"YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT HOUDE!"
"Now, you see, that was unnessecary. I was simply telling..."
"Why did you call me an *******."
"Cause I never did."
"What?"
"I called your girlfriend one."

A pause.

"Oh, she said you call me one."
"Nope."
"Oh.."

Another pause.

"That's okay then, she's a ***** anyways."
"Yes she is."
"Sorry about that then, you can keep my stuff."
"What stuff?"
"The DVD's."

A pause.

"Oh, that stuff."

I really have no clue what he's talking about. I should probably look into it one day. He's possesive about his DVDs this one.

"Alright Houde, I'll talk to you later."
"Word"

A pause.

"*******! HAHAHAH!"

Yea, I push the envelope people. After some other good natured ribbing, and calling him at one point, a *****queef, the conversation ended.

This started off as a rant about stupid drama and how some humans seem to thrive on it, but instead it turned into the stupid conversation with my friend, who I now think is gay.

Word peeps

Word

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Your wit is indeed sharp. The part where you just interjected Al Gore into the convo is just gold.

Ultimate Houde said:
Word peeps

Word

werd24zt.gif

I accept texts from only one person in the entire world, and only because he knows only to do it when necessary.

Take a bow, Ice.

E said:
I accept texts from only one person in the entire world, and only because he knows only to do it when necessary.

Take a bow, Ice.

I only accept them from my girlfriend, and that's only if we haven't seen each other or talked all day. I ignore all the other ones I get

E said:

Take a bow, Ice.
*Bows*

And Houde, you are a smart man. I would never text you if you hated it. I don't mind calling if that's what a person prefers.

FACT - Texting for reasons other than a quick, quiet hello to the Sweety while in a meeting is for tools.

Why write on your cell phone when you can call?

Victor Von Doom said:
FACT - Texting for reasons other than a quick, quiet hello to the Sweety while in a meeting is for tools.

Why write on your cell phone when you can call?
For the times you can't call yourself or you know the other person can't pick up the phone? :?

Ice said:
For the times you can't call yourself or you know the other person can't pick up the phone? :?

Ain't that what I said? I guess I used "meeting" in place of "can't pick up the phone" since that's normally the usual reason I do it.

Victor Von Doom said:
Ain't that what I said? I guess I used "meeting" in place of "can't pick up the phone" since that's normally the usual reason I do it.
Well, you did say, "Texting for reasons other than a quick, quiet hello to the Sweety while in a meeting is for tools.", meaning that if its not in a meeting, it's pointless. There's other times than meetings that people can't pick up the phone.

Like do you think someone wants to talk to you while your on the toilet? :wink:

Ice said:
Like do you think someone wants to talk to you while your on the toilet? :wink:

Who says they gotta know? If I need to grunt because I need to apply a little force in dropping a deuce...I just tell them to hold on a sec.

Texting is the worst thing in the history of ever.

ProjectX2 said:
Texting is the worst thing in the history of ever.

worse when you see poeple driving and texting....

i only use this too see when people are awake.

WTF is up with all the hating on text messaging?! :evil:

1) It's less than half the cost of making a call, over here.

2) It's not meant to replace phone calls -- it's basically meant to be used to send the kind of message one would have made using a beeper or pager, 7 or 8 years ago (again, the qualification being "over here", where text-based beepers were incredibly common)

3) Maybe it's just cultural, but it's so prevalent here, there are people who choose to buy low-end cellphones PRIMARILY to send text messages, using the (more expensive) option of calling only as a last resort, when immediate communication is necessary.

I certainly don't get pleasure from texting, but I can hardly imagine my life without it.

Latest posts

Back