Daredevil 2 Ideas/News & More.

See, I would love to see this get the Hulk treatment. Dardevil is, in many ways, similar to DCs batman. He is a very street-level kind of hero. He fights true crime, not monsters and aliens and things like that. Even Spiderman fights super crime, not real crime. I think a totally NOT campy treatment of daredevil would be awesome. Call it "The Man Without Fear" and shoot for a good crime movie with a superhero in it. I think that's the best direction for the character.

There's nothing wrong with Affleck as long as they get a good director this time around.

I'm inclined to agree with this. I didn't think he was bad.

Statham as Daredevil... strange, but interesting.

See, I would love to see this get the Hulk treatment. Dardevil is, in many ways, similar to DCs batman. He is a very street-level kind of hero. He fights true crime, not monsters and aliens and things like that. Even Spiderman fights super crime, not real crime. I think a totally NOT campy treatment of daredevil would be awesome. Call it "The Man Without Fear" and shoot for a good crime movie with a superhero in it. I think that's the best direction for the character.

I liked daredevil 1 as is and would love to see it not get that treatment just get a direct sequel.

But then again I'm not a fan of daredevil comics so I'm not the best judge of a daredevil movie :lol:

Statham would suck balls as Daredevil. I'm sorry, he's badass and everything, but he's a terrible, terrible actor.

Statham could make a good daredevil, but I can't picture him as Matt Murdock. So if this was like a new avenger movie It would work great but if the focus is Matt I'm not sure.

Still I'd much rather have statham then Affleck. At the very least it will be fun as hell

They could just get Casey Affleck.

But IMO this guy would be perfect as Matt Murdock....
Gale.jpg
gale.jpg

I already picked Statham as Bullseye in a previous round. I mean the guy's perfect for that role, get someone more refined for Daredevil, Statham's kind of just an action junkie which is perfect for Bullseye but I can't see him as Matt Murdock.

Didn't Bullseye die in the last movie?

Also:
Ben Affleck stated that he would never reprise the role, calling it 'humiliating'.
From Wiki

Last edited:
Didn't Bullseye die in the last movie?

Also:

From Wiki

If you watched the scene during the credits you will see that Bullseye survived the fall and was in a body cast. He's fine, though I can't see Affleck or Farrell returning for their roles.

Also from wiki...

Kevin Feige has stated "there are many more stories to be told with old Hornhead and we'd love to tell them someday,"[51] with Avi Arad further adding that the sequel will begin development once the rights go from 20th Century Fox to Marvel Studios.

YES! Marvel Knights, here we come!

Wouldn't people just call that a poor man's "Dark Knight"?

Not really, no offense to Bullseye, but Joker has always been a better written character.

Bullseye is an assassin, Joker is a serial killer, sure Bullseye spree kills now and again, but he doesn't have nearly as big a body count or perchance for random violence that joker has. Plus Joker is about a billion times more intelligent than Bullseye.
Sure Bullseye is more powerful, but Joker is more intelligent and that is the scariest thing a psycho can have.

Plus I'm sick of all these reboots, they should get it right the first time! Sure the first movie was sub-par but it was hardly a disaster, so instead of rehashing the first movie, just make a better movie sequel out of the first one. A gang war story or Born Again would be more interesting then a rehash of the first movie.

Total agreement.

CBR:

IESB talked to Fox head honcho Tom Rothman about an Affleck-less return to the big screen for Matt Murdock. "A 'Daredevil,' to use your words, reboot, is something we are thinking very seriously about," Rothman said. "We've got all the rights. And yes, I think that the thing the 'Hulk' showed although, it did what it did, is that it is possible, that if you really do it right the audience will give you a second chance. That it is possible. And I think that you see that when they did 'Batman Begins,' the first Nolan movie, that you can have made some mistakes along the way or movies that the audience wasn't that crazy about and then given the proper amount of time and the right creative vision behind it, you can, to use your word, reboot ... it needs a visionary at the level that Chris Nolan was. It needs someone, it needs a director, honestly, who has a genuine vision. What we wouldn't do is just do it for the sake of doing it. Right? What we try to do is to get a creative engine for it, that really had a great vision for it, that's what we would look for."

This won't happen, but I would LOVE it if Sony bought the rights to Kingpin and DD and introduced DD as a subplot in a Kingpin/Spidey movie and then had a spin-off solo movie for DD...A Spidey/DD team-up would be AMAZING! and i really want to see Spidey fight Kingpin and i really want to see DD done right!

Latest posts

Back