Daredevil News

Do you read Daredevil?/Do you want Daredevil in the Ultimate Universe?

• Total voters

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Had the other ones closed down. Mostly because when I created it I thought I could put a new poll in every week or so, but I was sick of the Elektra/Karen Page question. So here's the new thread for myself and Baxter with a new question that's more appropriate for Ultimate Central. I'll post all Daredevil related news here.

If you don't read Daredevil, I suggest you pick it up.

Actually, MWF, don't mean to burst your bubble, but ah...you should do a thread for each issue, instead of one big one. For news, don't just jam it all in one thread.

I think it's better creating a thread for a whole title. Or an arc. Instead of single issues. More room is E's friend!

my vote went to the wrong thing, it was meant to go to: No, I don't read Daredevil. I'd like to see an Ultimate Daredevil Mini(s)

When writer Brian Michael Bendis outed Matt Murdock as Daredevil in the pages of a tabloid newspaper, jaws dropped across the Marvel Universe - and all over the comics industry. Readers were speechless. Nothing would ever be the same, and nothing could possibly be more shocking.

Until Bendis upped the ante again, and the Man Without Fear did the unthinkable. Faced with the growing frustration that his fight with the Kingpin would never end, Daredevil beat him senseless and declared himself the Kingpin. His new ultimatum to the denizens of Hell's Kitchen: Clean up or get out.

Ever the tease, Bendis then proceeded to tell stories set a year later. Fans dying to know what happened during Daredevil's reign as the "King of Hell's Kitchen" were treated to only a tantalizing piece of the larger puzzle.

The wait is now over! The details of Daredevil's historic cleanup of Hell's Kitchen will finally be explored in Daredevil #71-#75. Framed around the Ten Commandments, the five-part "Decalogue" story arc is a series of one to two self-contained stories told by people whose lives have been profoundly affected by an encounter with Daredevil himself. Each testimonial will peel back another layer in the Daredevil story. Together, they offer a prismatic look at one of the most complex characters in the Marvel Universe.

The inspiration for this unique story arc came from Bendis's great admiration for the Polish filmmaker Krzysztof Kieslowski, and is an homage to what many consider his seminal work, The Decalogue, a series of 10 one-hour dramas originally made for Polish TV.

"Kieslowski is one of my heroes," said Bendis. "I just love him tremendously, and I'd found a book of scripts for his Decalogue (or Dekalog), which he'd done in Poland about twenty years ago. In the introduction, he discusses quite frankly that he wished a bunch of other writers and artists would do the Ten Commandments as a theme. He said he wasn't the first person to think of this, and hoped that more people would do it."

Kieslowski died in 1996, and Bendis still mourns the loss of one of modern cinema's great storytellers. "I miss him a great deal, and I think it's my way of (A) getting my story across about Hell's Kitchen; and( B) working in religion. But it's also my valentine to him, doing something that he wanted to have done," said Bendis. Readers have been anticipating this story arc for many months. "I've been working on it for a long time; I haven't rushed it. I announced it a while ago, but that was premature. Now the stories are ready to go," Bendis added. Capped with a double-sized 75th issue featuring a gallery of all-star pin-ups, this epic story arc is like nothing you've seen before!

Cover alert: A bold new story demands a bold new cover approach. This new look will showcase the monthly Daredevil title for the length of the "Decalogue" story arc.

Source: Marvel.com

TheManWithoutFear said:
dd71full.jpg

DAREDEVIL #71
MARCH 2005

Written by Brian Michael Bendis, pencils and cover by Alex Maleev.

"Decalogue" Part 1. The wait is over! Exactly what happened during Daredevil's year-long reign as the new Kingpin? His historic cleaning of Hell's Kitchen will finally be revealed in bloody detail. Framed around the Ten Commandments, this epic story-arc is like nothing you've seen before.

dd72full.jpg

DAREDEVIL #72
APRIL 2005

"DECALOGUE"
Exactly how much was Matt Murdock willing to sacrifice in his obsession to clean up Hell.s Kitchen? And what does it have to do with a painful family legacy? The next episode exploring Daredevil.s year-long reign as the new Kingpin, framed around The Ten Commandments. Part 2 of 5.

Retailer Alert: A bold, new story demands a bold new cover approach. This new "look" will showcase the monthly Daredevil title for the length of this story-arc.

dd73full.jpg

DAREDEVIL #73
MAY 2005

"Decalogue." A new costumed foe takes to the streets of Hell's Kitchen. Who is he and what will his effect on Daredevil's new status quo be? Did someone say "new super-villian?" Oh, yes. From the writer of New Avengers, it¹s the very, very dark side of the Marvel Universe. Part 3 of 6.

dd74full.jpg

DAREDEVIL #74
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Cover by ALEX MALEEV
"DECALOGUE"
The secrets of Matt Murdock's clandestine marriage to Milla are revealed at last! The details of Daredevil's year as Kingpin continues in this special love story. Part 4 (of 5).
32 PGS./T+ Suggested for Teens and Up …$2.99

dd75full.jpg

I don't know just probably the coolest covers I've ever seen. I can't wait for this arc. Bendis' final run on Daredevil consisting of this arc and the following "The Murdock Papers" will probably be his best on the title yet. And that's pretty damn good!

Last edited:
WEll, I actualy just posted a little rant about Ultimate Daredevil in the More Ultimate Titles thread....

Damn those Decalogue covers look sweet. My willpower is weakening MWOF... I'm thinking about getting the softcovers.... But I've already started in Hardcover, and I don't want to get redundent copies.... arrrrgh....

The Captain said:
why not just make a daredevil section like the spider-man section??
No one is going to yell. We've explained to MWF before that it's pointless to make a new forum for just one book, and only like, two minis or whatever. Meaning only like, fewere than 5 threads, or whatever, and there's no point in making a new forum for that many few posts.

icemastertron said:
No one is going to yell. We've explained to MWF before that it's pointless to make a new forum for just one book, and only like, two minis or whatever. Meaning only like, fewere than 5 threads, or whatever, and there's no point in making a new forum for that many few posts.

What he said...

:cry:

Id be for a Daredevil mini that would bring the character up to the point we saw him in Blockbuster in the red costume. I think alternating Daredevil and Elektra Minis would be cool. But they need to make Daredevil's appearance in Ultimate X-Men and Matt Murdocks appearance in the Ultimate match up to his backstory because right now they don't. I don't think we need a daredevil ongoing by anymeans. Keep it small.

The whole point of the General comics forum is that it covers ALL comics not taken care of in other forums. It really isn't necessary to keep *ALL* Daredevil discussion in one thread...

You know, as much as u all get annoyed with XT for his DD obsession, you know you wouldnt have him any other way :p

Nurhachi said:
You know, as much as u all get annoyed with XT for his DD obsession, you know you wouldnt have him any other way :p

Of course. :D

UltimateE said:
The whole point of the General comics forum is that it covers ALL comics not taken care of in other forums. It really isn't necessary to keep *ALL* Daredevil discussion in one thread...

I have a seperate preview thread... and disucssions on issues will be in different threads... this is for solicitations and misc.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I have a seperate preview thread... and disucssions on issues will be in different threads... this is for solicitations and misc.

That works.

for a man without hope is a man without fear

Nurhachi said:

LOL, man i love this guy....** you still coming to the family reunion???** :wink:

yeah i agree, as much as it makes me cringe, its a hobby, it seems ( i hope ) to help him cope with the probation/alcohol, so if that works for him, then good...Im proud of the guy...reading comics and wanting to be a superhero is better than ending up being a wife beating alcohol any day....

now i have a desire to see Daredevil show in in New Thunderbolts...with hawkeye gone, it would be cool (in my opinion) to see him as the leader of the team trying to change and all...plus i cant remember ever seeing a captain marvel/ daredevil crossover..(someone ulxton do some research on that!!)

bareforth false witness against they neighbor...i think thats lengthly for a title, maybe bendis will script if for "thou shalt not lie" NOTE : I just went back and saw a cover that said that) ....the rest of the issues should be interesting.....a 10 issue trade, (if thats what it becomes) i will probably pick up...

ult daredevil is on the way ( i promise ) he is gonna show up this year (summer someone said) but if not, in the fall, ult daredevil seems like 616 daredevil, but i love how he views spidey...as just some punk kid...he is smart , although very serious, but he appears to be a model vigilante at best....and id like to see ult dd go at the kingpin....and if there is a street fight as bendis suggested, and heroes do fight heroes (provided moon knight DOES appear in the warriors arc) it would be great to finally see daredevil vs moon knight.....but they are along the same vein.....dark brooding batman archetypes....either way, things look good for dd once again this summer....but after bendis leaves...who will pick up the pieces???

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back