Daredevil News

Do you read Daredevil?/Do you want Daredevil in the Ultimate Universe?

• Total voters
Baxter said:
What about Black Widow and Typhoid Mary with him in an UDD miniseires. Something a larger population of the comic buying populous isn't as famlier with?

What I wouldn't give to see interaction between these characters and Murdock/Daredevil. Typhoid doesn't exist (yet) but When Black Widow addressed Murdock as "Some blind Lawyer" in Ultimates 2 #3, my heart broke.

The Captain said:
I have caught on to bendis with usm, and powers followed, im not too fond of black and white books, but i will get around to torso (one you should read above all the others)when i get the money...Fortune and Glory (a lot of the puns and jokes i put in the titles are oriented around this series) is an EXCELLENT read....as for jinx, isnt there a movie coming out?
Oh, I actually bought Fortune and Glory too, but I forgot to mention it because my copy is missing. :( It was a laugh. I too am totally psyched to get Torso, but one of the few comic shops that carried his work closed down last Christmas. :(

TheManWithoutFear said:
7 people who don't read DD said they'd like to see a mini. I wonder what they'd say if they read DD.
I'd read tjrough some issues at comic shops. My vote stays the same.

The Captain said:
fine, disagree!! ...............im sure katne can take your place :wink:
but why do you disagree???

and as for MWOF......brubaker was writing batman for a while, and dd is basically the batman type character, he just makes sense...the artwork is moody, and so is his writing style....didnt brubaker sign an exclusive with marvel anyway??? i can see cap just being 1 of many books he will get his hands on...
No. No he most certainly did not. Gotham Central wouldn't be the same without him.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Just makin' sure you guys know that Bendis' Decalogue arc starts tomorrow and I'm strongly suggesting it to everyone. If it's a bad arc I'll quit the site completely. :shock:
Yeah, right. You'll still be here talking about DD. :wink:

TheManWithoutFear said:
Just makin' sure you guys know that Bendis' Decalogue arc starts tomorrow and I'm strongly suggesting it to everyone. If it's a bad arc I'll quit the site completely. :shock:
Good thing DD walks on water, huh? :wink:

TheManWithoutFear said:

You can't miss it. It's the big red cover.
Haha, I doubt that. Sourpuss that I may be, even Bendis' WORST work on DD is worth reading so it goes without saying that Decalogue can only be so bad. Besides, why give up when you can see Bendis' run through to the end?

ourchair said:
Haha, I doubt that. Sourpuss that I may be, even Bendis' WORST work on DD is worth reading so it goes without saying that Decalogue can only be so bad. Besides, why give up when you can see Bendis' run through to the end?

I said I'll quit the site not the comic... please like I'd ever do that, especially with Bendis on it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I said I'll quit the site not the comic... please like I'd ever do that, especially with Bendis on it.
Haha, whoops my mistake. :D I love Bendis and his sexy bald Jewish brain.

TheManWithoutFear said:
When writer Brian Michael Bendis outed Matt Murdock as Daredevil in the pages of a tabloid newspaper, jaws dropped across the Marvel Universe - and all over the comics industry. Readers were speechless. Nothing would ever be the same, and nothing could possibly be more shocking.

Until Bendis upped the ante again, and the Man Without Fear did the unthinkable. Faced with the growing frustration that his fight with the Kingpin would never end, Daredevil beat him senseless and declared himself the Kingpin. His new ultimatum to the denizens of Hell's Kitchen: Clean up or get out.

Ever the tease, Bendis then proceeded to tell stories set a year later. Fans dying to know what happened during Daredevil's reign as the "King of Hell's Kitchen" were treated to only a tantalizing piece of the larger puzzle.

The wait is now over! The details of Daredevil's historic cleanup of Hell's Kitchen will finally be explored in Daredevil #71-#75. Framed around the Ten Commandments, the five-part "Decalogue" story arc is a series of one to two self-contained stories told by people whose lives have been profoundly affected by an encounter with Daredevil himself. Each testimonial will peel back another layer in the Daredevil story. Together, they offer a prismatic look at one of the most complex characters in the Marvel Universe.

The inspiration for this unique story arc came from Bendis's great admiration for the Polish filmmaker Krzysztof Kieslowski, and is an homage to what many consider his seminal work, The Decalogue, a series of 10 one-hour dramas originally made for Polish TV.

"Kieslowski is one of my heroes," said Bendis. "I just love him tremendously, and I'd found a book of scripts for his Decalogue (or Dekalog), which he'd done in Poland about twenty years ago. In the introduction, he discusses quite frankly that he wished a bunch of other writers and artists would do the Ten Commandments as a theme. He said he wasn't the first person to think of this, and hoped that more people would do it."

Kieslowski died in 1996, and Bendis still mourns the loss of one of modern cinema's great storytellers. "I miss him a great deal, and I think it's my way of (A) getting my story across about Hell's Kitchen; and( B) working in religion. But it's also my valentine to him, doing something that he wanted to have done," said Bendis. Readers have been anticipating this story arc for many months. "I've been working on it for a long time; I haven't rushed it. I announced it a while ago, but that was premature. Now the stories are ready to go," Bendis added. Capped with a double-sized 75th issue featuring a gallery of all-star pin-ups, this epic story arc is like nothing you've seen before!

Cover alert: A bold new story demands a bold new cover approach. This new look will showcase the monthly Daredevil title for the length of the "Decalogue" story arc.

Source: Marvel.com

dd71full.jpg

DAREDEVIL #71
MARCH 2005

Written by Brian Michael Bendis, pencils and cover by Alex Maleev.

"Decalogue" Part 1. The wait is over! Exactly what happened during Daredevil's year-long reign as the new Kingpin? His historic cleaning of Hell's Kitchen will finally be revealed in bloody detail. Framed around the Ten Commandments, this epic story-arc is like nothing you've seen before.

dd72full.jpg

DAREDEVIL #72
APRIL 2005

"DECALOGUE"
Exactly how much was Matt Murdock willing to sacrifice in his obsession to clean up Hell.s Kitchen? And what does it have to do with a painful family legacy? The next episode exploring Daredevil.s year-long reign as the new Kingpin, framed around The Ten Commandments. Part 2 of 5.

Retailer Alert: A bold, new story demands a bold new cover approach. This new "look" will showcase the monthly Daredevil title for the length of this story-arc.

dd73full.jpg

DAREDEVIL #73
MAY 2005

"Decalogue." A new costumed foe takes to the streets of Hell's Kitchen. Who is he and what will his effect on Daredevil's new status quo be? Did someone say "new super-villian?" Oh, yes. From the writer of New Avengers, it¹s the very, very dark side of the Marvel Universe. Part 3 of 6.

dd74full.jpg

DAREDEVIL #74
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Cover by ALEX MALEEV
"DECALOGUE"
The secrets of Matt Murdock's clandestine marriage to Milla are revealed at last! The details of Daredevil's year as Kingpin continues in this special love story. Part 4 (of 5).
32 PGS./T+ Suggested for Teens and Up …$2.99

dd75full.jpg

DAREDEVIL #75
Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
Pencils & Cover by ALEX MALEEV
"DECALOGUE"

The haunting secret of Matt Murdock's year as Kingpin is revealed in this shocking double-sized conclusion that features a super-sized, hardboiled Daredevil story and a stunning superstar gallery of classic Daredevil images handpicked by the creative team of Bendis and Maleev. Part 5 (of 5).
48 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ….$3.99

Added solicitation to #75

Also look for Daredevil Vs. Punisher in it's thread... July is definitely my birthday month... :twisted:

TheManWithoutFear said:
Weekly reminder for any new members, don't forget to vote in the poll above and check here for any good Daredevil news... which is slow... :?

Keep the faith :twisted:

which is slow......very very slow....so how about that new trade that came out today???

Latest posts

Back