Daredevil News

Do you read Daredevil?/Do you want Daredevil in the Ultimate Universe?

• Total voters
blind sighted

TheManWithoutFear said:
I want them to kill Daredevil when Bendis leaves.

the book isnt going to get cancelled, so i doubt they will kill him...interesting if they did though....but he will probably still be in bendis hands in new avengers...
i can see someone like brubaker following bendis in on daredevil..as tough as it would be for anyone following bendis on a book....maybe rucka could fit it in his schedule, neil gaiman anyone??? or that new guy (reginald hudlin) could put it on his tab....whoever they get, has to not only keep daredevil from going back down in sales, but keep the book interesting.....last thing i want to read about is a man without fear of being a mediocre character again...

TheManWithoutFear said:
I need to read Brubaker everyone says it's gonna be him and that he does the dark brooding characters really well... any suggestions?

Are you reading Captain America?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Does he write Captain America... I'd probably pick that up.

Yes he does. It's quite a departure from various Captain America stories I've read over the years. It's good, it just takes some getting used to. You'll see what I mean when you read it.

I don't read Daredevil, but the current Cap book seems like something I'd expect to read in DD, if that makes any sense.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'll look into it...

Just out of curiousity how many of you read Bendis with the exception of Daredevil?

Me. I don't read Powers or his previous independent stuff though.

The Captain said:
LOL, man i love this guy....** you still coming to the family reunion???** :wink:

Will there be strippers?

The Captain said:
now i have a desire to see Daredevil show in in New Thunderbolts...with hawkeye gone, it would be cool (in my opinion) to see him as the leader of the team trying to change and all...

Thats something id have to disagree on. Sorry Cap

I voted there should be an ultimate Daredevil ongoing because I don't read 616 Daredevil (even through I hear how good it is). I didn't get because I don't like the art work in it at all. plus I get to many titles anyway. But I still think one more Ultimate title wouldn't hurt. Bring on Ultimate Daredevil.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'll look into it...

Just out of curiousity how many of you read Bendis with the exception of Daredevil?
I'm actually intimately familiar with Bendis' work, having read his work on Sam & Twitch because I was impressed with a peek at the dialogue, although I picked it up late and didn't know he was already starting up on Ultimate Spider-Man at the time. I actually used to be a super big fan of Bendis than I tend to let on, and am still a fan of his, though I tend to be critical of his work.

Then I picked up the first two trades of Powers and started on Ultimate Spider-Man and Daredevil shortly after. Also went back and hunted for the back issues of his Daredevil: Wake Up arc and even picked up a one-shot black and white piece he did for Image called Lilith, although it was immensely forgettable.

And about a few years ago I picked up his indie work, Jinx and AKA Goldfish. They're pretty cool, and I wholeheartedly recommend them, especially the former, even though they bear some of his trademark flaws from his indie years such as the spelling errors, the constantly stuttering dialogue, and the transposed pages.

Well, as far as Bendis goes, I've got DD Hardcovers, Powers softcovers Switching to HCs as Marvel releases them), Ultimate Spidey and Team-ups...and New Avengers. I'm looking forward to whenever I pick up Jinx, Goldfish, and Alias, wich I must read before The Pulse. Yes....

I've only read Bendis' Ultimate Spider-Man, his run on Ultimate X-men and Ultimate Fantastic Four, I've read (but don't own) New Avengers, also Secret War and The Pulse tie-in and that's it.

I have heard the Bendis run is very good, I have the Kevin Smith TPBs (1&2) but for some reason I can't find Vol.3 anywhere in my town. All the other volumes, no problem, but for some reason vol.3 is non existant. I wish I could find it as I am always looking for more good reads.

Something has to be done with Ult.DD just to tie his character up and make him consistant in the UU. Frankly if Greg Rucka never writes another ult book that would be just fine with me, he made no effort at continuity what so ever.

I also wish that DD could "divorce" himself from Elektra once and for all, it seems you can't talk about DD without her some how getting involved. The only cool thing Elektra ever did was get killed by Bullseye, too bad that wasn't the end of it.

An Ult dd mini at least is needed, the characters are in place, now what happens? A lot is just hanging out there unresolved.

ngnot said:
I have heard the Bendis run is very good, I have the Kevin Smith TPBs (1&2) but for some reason I can't find Vol.3 anywhere in my town. All the other volumes, no problem, but for some reason vol.3 is non existant. I wish I could find it as I am always looking for more good reads.

Something has to be done with Ult.DD just to tie his character up and make him consistant in the UU. Frankly if Greg Rucka never writes another ult book that would be just fine with me, he made no effort at continuity what so ever.

I also wish that DD could "divorce" himself from Elektra once and for all, it seems you can't talk about DD without her some how getting involved. The only cool thing Elektra ever did was get killed by Bullseye, too bad that wasn't the end of it.

An Ult dd mini at least is needed, the characters are in place, now what happens? A lot is just hanging out there unresolved.
Honestly I think the DD-E mini felt more like a series of Editorial mandates than a miniseries. Make sure we know what happened to matt Murdock, make sure Elecktra's a man character, make sure that we're not continuity banged with USM by the end. I've got alot of faith in Rucka as a writer, I know he can do better, and think he should be given another shot.

I completly agree with you on Elektra though, she's a friggin albatross at this point. What about Black Widow and Typhoid Mary with him in an UDD miniseires. Something a larger population of the comic buying populous isn't as famlier with?

Last edited:
ngnot said:
Something has to be done with Ult.DD just to tie his character up and make him consistant in the UU.

What is inconsistant about him in UU?

Guardian Demon

Nurhachi said:
Will there be strippers?

no....no strippers, strippers take too much of my money and get me in trouble with bouncers....

Thats something id have to disagree on. Sorry Cap
fine, disagree!! ...............im sure katne can take your place :wink:
but why do you disagree???

and as for MWOF......brubaker was writing batman for a while, and dd is basically the batman type character, he just makes sense...the artwork is moody, and so is his writing style....didnt brubaker sign an exclusive with marvel anyway??? i can see cap just being 1 of many books he will get his hands on...

ourchair said:
I'm actually intimately familiar with Bendis' work, having read his work on Sam & Twitch because I was impressed with a peek at the dialogue, although I picked it up late and didn't know he was already starting up on Ultimate Spider-Man at the time. I actually used to be a super big fan of Bendis than I tend to let on, and am still a fan of his, though I tend to be critical of his work.

Then I picked up the first two trades of Powers and started on Ultimate Spider-Man and Daredevil shortly after. Also went back and hunted for the back issues of his Daredevil: Wake Up arc and even picked up a one-shot black and white piece he did for Image called Lilith, although it was immensely forgettable.

And about a few years ago I picked up his indie work, Jinx and AKA Goldfish. They're pretty cool, and I wholeheartedly recommend them, especially the former, even though they bear some of his trademark flaws from his indie years such as the spelling errors, the constantly stuttering dialogue, and the transposed pages.

I have caught on to bendis with usm, and powers followed, im not too fond of black and white books, but i will get around to torso (one you should read above all the others)when i get the money...Fortune and Glory (a lot of the puns and jokes i put in the titles are oriented around this series) is an EXCELLENT read....as for jinx, isnt there a movie coming out?

UltimateE said:
What is inconsistant about him in UU?

Maybe consistant was a poor choice of words, what I am getting at is what happened between the minis and ult.team up? His continuity needs to be addressed, something is missing between the stories. Does that make more sense?

Latest posts

Back