Darth Series Discussion: Ultimatum

Re: "People seem to be digging Ultimatum.."

T-E-E-N T-I-T A-N-S! TEEN! TITANS! LET'S GO!

:rockon:

Every episode of that cartoon was a million times better written then anything coming out of this crossover.

That article is hilarious. First of all, any time anyone says something like "people are really digging this" it's a tell-tale sign that even they know that everybody hates it.

This is also a gem:

A hilarious notion, since 99% of it is retelling classic stories in a modern setting and is, therefore, mostly predictable on some basic level.

This is such an astoundingly good point. Well noticed.

So many fond memories...

Every episode of that cartoon was a million times better written then anything coming out of this crossover.

I particularly loved the once-per-season episode that was essentially a music video.

And Starfire was so CUTE AND LOVELY I LOVE HER :heart: :heart:

I'm annoyed this didn't take.

I'm annoyed at everyone, including myself. I think this thread would've been a smart way to deal with the rabid hate we have for the title, if only not to completely put off potential new comers.

When I go to forums and message boards, and there's huge, hateful diatribes on a series, I am generally put off, and I'm worried that other people will feel that way upon seeing our remarks.

Hurm.

Just "read" #4.

Pointlessly grotesque, nonsensical, immature decadency.

This is so much worse than ULTIMATES 3 and, to be honest, I can't think of fan fictions worse than this.

What an utterly abysmal display.

The people involved should be ashamed.

I'm annoyed at everyone, including myself. I think this thread would've been a smart way to deal with the rabid hate we have for the title, if only not to completely put off potential new comers.

When I go to forums and message boards, and there's huge, hateful diatribes on a series, I am generally put off, and I'm worried that other people will feel that way upon seeing our remarks.

Hurm.

Ok, let's have some fun with this, if Ultimatum was made into a film, who would you hire to write, direct and star in this film?

Uwe Boll and Paul Anderson should co-direct, David Spade should be Cap, Rob Schneider should be Magneto and Wasp will be played by two actresses, Lucy Liu and Paris Hilton, because after ultimates 3 they were never quite sure if she was Asian or not. Of course Loeb should write this, with the help of a monkey addicted to crack.

I like that he says people were freaking out about Nick Fury being modeled after Sam Jackson. I didn't get into the UU until a couple of years after it had started but I don't remember ever hearing any negative opinion about that. In fact, I've always thought most people like that.

It would be rash to assume that it was just Loeb himself who was freaked out, because he is - in fact - a racist.

Yes, that would be a very rash thing to assume.
Murder is a strong word though. Who kills over comics?
:shifty:

This is just a thought, but Bass, how about you use your mod powers to put a link to this thread onto the first post of the regular Ultimatum thread?

Or something to that effect. Maybe combine the "People seems to be digging Ultimatum" thread with this one.

Last edited:

Hurm.

Ok, let's have some fun with this, if Ultimatum was made into a film, who would you hire to write, direct and star in this film?

Uwe Boll and Paul Anderson should co-direct, David Spade should be Cap, Rob Schneider should be Magneto and Wasp will be played by two actresses, Lucy Liu and Paris Hilton, because after ultimates 3 they were never quite sure if she was Asian or not. Of course Loeb should write this, with the help of a monkey addicted to crack.

This is just a thought, but Bass, how about you use your mod powers to put a link to this thread onto the first post of the regular Ultimatum thread?

Or something to that effect. Maybe combine the "People seems to be digging Ultimatum" thread with this one.

I have merged the Loeb interview thread with this one.

Continue posting hate-filled rants here.

:lol:

I like that he says people were freaking out about Nick Fury being modeled after Sam Jackson. I didn't get into the UU until a couple of years after it had started but I don't remember ever hearing any negative opinion about that. In fact, I've always thought most people like that.

It would be rash to assume that it was just Loeb himself who was freaked out, because he is - in fact - a racist.

Yes, that would be a very rash thing to assume.

:shifty:

:lol:

Hurm.

I agree with the principle, but you can't have a dark side without the light. Meaning, that to have a specific thread for the haters presupposes that anyone has anything good to say about Ultimatum on the main thread. Therein lies the fatal flaw!

I'll try to think of something nice to say over there, if that'll help.

I'm also annoyed now that I never saw the Teen Titans TV cartoon. I read the Wolfman/Perez comics when they came out and loved them! Starfire got me through puberty. That Nightwing was a lucky chap.

I agree with the principle, but you can't have a dark side without the light. Meaning, that to have a specific thread for the haters presupposes that anyone has anything good to say about Ultimatum on the main thread. Therein lies the fatal flaw!

I'll try to think of something nice to say over there, if that'll help.

Lying is one thing, but praising Ultimatum is quite another! Don't sell your soul so easily! My fatal flaw is what it is.

I'm also annoyed now that I never saw the Teen Titans TV cartoon. I read the Wolfman/Perez comics when they came out and loved them! Starfire got me through puberty. That Nightwing was a lucky chap.

Xenia Onatopp got me through puberty.

Also, Starfire in the Teen Titans cartoon is... 12? She's very, very young. Thinking sexy thoughts about her is... reserved strictly for Ourchair/

Ok, let's engage in creative criticism, how could this have better? This crossover was an attempt to reboot the UU, I guess similar to Crisis on Infinite Earths. Ok, but what does Magneto pretending to be Noah have to do that?

An alien menace rebooting the universe like in Crisis on Infinite Earths would be way better and would make more sense then this non sense. Here's an idea: Ultimate Grandmaster gets really drunk one day, challenges Spidey to a game of Twister, loses and Spidey asks Grandmaster to fix all the problems plaguing his universe and Grandmaster voids all the stories written by Loeb and Kirkman.

I feel that if Millar had written Ultimatum, it would have been a conclusion to all his work in the Ultimate Universe. We would have had Magneto executing his ultimate plan (remember when Magneto said he was going to try something new at the end of BKV's Magnetic North? He should be doing something new!), the truth behind Jean Grey/Phoenix, Xavier's real motive, the connection between Namor and the Inhumans (I remember reading this in one of the solicits and we never saw it - I always presumed that Attilan and Atlantis were enemies so maybe in Ultimatum we would have Namor declare war on the Inhumans on the moon), Doom escaping the Zombie Universe (I can't believe we haven't seen this yet - this scene writes itself!), the result of the Ultimates/SHIELD split with Pym as the new prisoner in the Triskelion, exploring more of the new Banner/Hulk dynamic, Fury/Hawkeye exploring the people funding the Liberators - introducing HYDRA and the secret war SHIELD has been fighting for years, Thor's true purpose and the exploration of Ultimate Asgard and of course, the genetic war - human vs mutant vs superhuman, which is what the UU has been leading to since it begun - and it all revolves around Captain America's super soldier serum. And Gah Lak Tus would fit in there somewhere (I believe Millar was originally going to write the series but didn't have time).

Yeah. Obviously that's a bit of a mess and the ideas would be better in their respective series but I think if Millar had written Ultimatum instead of Loeb, it would have been a hell of a lot better and would probably make a lot more sense.

I feel that if Millar had written Ultimatum, it would have been a conclusion to all his work in the Ultimate Universe. We would have had Magneto executing his ultimate plan (remember when Magneto said he was going to try something new at the end of BKV's Magnetic North? He should be doing something new!), the truth behind Jean Grey/Phoenix, Xavier's real motive, the connection between Namor and the Inhumans (I remember reading this in one of the solicits and we never saw it - I always presumed that Attilan and Atlantis were enemies so maybe in Ultimatum we would have Namor declare war on the Inhumans on the moon), Doom escaping the Zombie Universe (I can't believe we haven't seen this yet - this scene writes itself!), the result of the Ultimates/SHIELD split with Pym as the new prisoner in the Triskelion, exploring more of the new Banner/Hulk dynamic, Fury/Hawkeye exploring the people funding the Liberators - introducing HYDRA and the secret war SHIELD has been fighting for years, Thor's true purpose and the exploration of Ultimate Asgard and of course, the genetic war - human vs mutant vs superhuman, which is what the UU has been leading to since it begun - and it all revolves around Captain America's super soldier serum. And Gah Lak Tus would fit in there somewhere (I believe Millar was originally going to write the series but didn't have time).

Yeah. Obviously that's a bit of a mess and the ideas would be better in their respective series but I think if Millar had written Ultimatum instead of Loeb, it would have been a hell of a lot better and would probably make a lot more sense.

Just reading that is painful when you think about what could have been.

Ok, let's engage in creative criticism, how could this have better? This crossover was an attempt to reboot the UU, I guess similar to Crisis on Infinite Earths. Ok, but what does Magneto pretending to be Noah have to do that?

An alien menace rebooting the universe like in Crisis on Infinite Earths would be way better and would make more sense then this non sense. Here's an idea: Ultimate Grandmaster gets really drunk one day, challenges Spidey to a game of Twister, loses and Spidey asks Grandmaster to fix all the problems plaguing his universe and Grandmaster voids all the stories written by Loeb and Kirkman.

Creative criticism should be in the nicer Ultimatum discussion thread. This one is just for screaming rants.

Just reading that is painful when you think about what could have been.

Agreed.

I really hated so much how Loeb threw away the setup for Magneto's plans. Magnetic North demonstrated such an intricate plan to make sure Mags escapes without anyone knowing. Kirkman's run glossed over it but at least kept it bubbling in the background.

Then, Loeb crapped all over it. Suddenly apparently Magneto returns as a publicly known super villain who shows himself as a reaction to Scarlet Witch's death, not because he decided to show his master plan. His master plan in Ultimatum is a knee-jerk reaction to having managed to steal Thor's hammer and getting his children killed.

The worst is how stupid the heroes are. After Ultimates 3 ends, we know Magneto's fortress is a floating base as Xavier tells them. But why the hell did the Ultimates and the X-Men only attack Magneto and the Brotherhood after he did something despicable even if they already knew before where the hell he is? An evil, fugitive mastermind's headquarters in plain sight and known by the heroes is one of the worst violations against the realism the Ultimate Universe was supposed to portray! That's how horrible Loeb is. He doesn't care about what is logical and how the characters would realistically pull it off, instead what he does is to write the story he wants and force every character to act the way he wants them to.

I like the 'movie' idea.

I think EVERY character in this movie would be portrayed by Eddie Murphy - just like those comedic classics whose names I've forgotten.

Except Nick Fury - he'd be played by the 'mini-me' guy.

Latest posts

Back