Day of the Dead Remake...

The original day wasn't as good as Night or Dawn, but it and Land were still leagues better than most zombie films.
I can't even think of this as a remake of Day of the Dead. It has almost nothing in common- it has the same title and zombies. That doesn't make it a damn remake. Just calling it a remake opens it to comparison with the original Day, which this peice of crap doesn't even deserve.

Honestly..Nick Cannon saying 'its a bad day to be a zombie' is among the worst lines I have ever heard. Especially in a 'remake' of a great film.

This really, really pissed me off.:x At least the Dawn remake kept the general setting of the film it was bastardizing...

The original day wasn't as good as Night or Dawn, but it and Land were still leagues better than most zombie films.
I can't even think of this as a remake of Day of the Dead. It has almost nothing in common- it has the same title and zombies. That doesn't make it a damn remake. Just calling it a remake opens it to comparison with the original Day, which this peice of crap doesn't even deserve.

Honestly..Nick Cannon saying 'its a bad day to be a zombie' is among the worst lines I have ever heard. Especially in a 'remake' of a great film.

This really, really pissed me off.:x At least the Dawn remake kept the general setting of the film it was bastardizing...

I agree.

Also there is no way in hell it can be called Day of the Dead without Bub the Zombie.

Re: Day of the Dead News/Pre-release discussions

YESS!!! WHOOO!!!!!

Dawn of the Dead remake was freak'n awesome, and this one will be too!! Infact, it's plot reminds me of Resident Evil... sweet!

Hmmm.. I had no idea they were remaking this.

Could be really good, or really crappy. The Dawn of the Dead remake turned out pretty well though, so I have high hopes. Bub better make a cameo.

Anybody else notice the zombies looked a lot more decayed than in Dawn of the Dead? Just like in the originals...

Haven't seen the original (nor heard of it) so this to me looks good to go see.

Are you guys smoking crack?! This looks like ****. And if you've ever seen the original Day, you have to walk away from this trailer wondering a very simple question...

Where the **** is the bunker that the entire movie should be taking place in?

It looks like garbage. At least Dawn of the Dead trailer looked good and lead into a good movie. I can't see this one taking off.

Are you guys smoking crack?! This looks like ****. And if you've ever seen the original Day, you have to walk away from this trailer wondering a very simple question...

It looks like garbage. At least Dawn of the Dead trailer looked good and lead into a good movie. I can't see this one taking off.

This coming from the guy who chewed me out because I didn't like Ult.Vision based on the preview....:?

It happens in Leadville, Colorado. Theres plenty of military activity around Leadville, and plenty of old mines to turn into military bases. I assumed some of the indoor shots we saw happened inside the military bunker.

This trailer isn't garbage...Its an interesting teaser. I think if you make up your mind this early to hate it, you might be missing out on a killer zombie movie. Might being the key word.

Like you said, we still haven't seen the bunker, or any good zombie scenes,

This coming from the guy who chewed me out because I didn't like Ult.Vision based on the preview....:?

It happens in Leadville, Colorado. Theres plenty of military activity around Leadville, and plenty of old mines to turn into military bases. I assumed some of the indoor shots we saw happened inside the military bunker.

This trailer isn't garbage...Its an interesting teaser. I think if you make up your mind this early to hate it, you might be missing out on a killer zombie movie. Might being the key word.

Like you said, we still haven't seen the bunker, or any good zombie scenes,

There's something to say when you're dealing with a few panels compared to a whole 5 minutes of acting and scenerio. It doesn't look good. And does this really look like a teaser to you?

I was wondering that two, also why most of the zombie shots were during the night. I would guess the Bunker part takes place in the thrid act.

This trailer didn't excite me, not the way Dawn of the dead did. And do we really need another zombie remake?

I guess my thread wasn't good enough...

Yeah. It look really bad. And James Gunn isn't involved as far as I can tell. He really made the Dawn remake work thanks to his true love of the Horror and Zombie genre.

I already posted my thoughts in Baxter's thread, but I'm with MwoF on this one.

piece. of. ****.

Well, as far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with the original Day of the Dead. It takes place outside rather than a bunker, there seems to be a cause of the outbreak (Which was never discovered in the Dead quadrilogy), and its in Colorado as opposed to Sarasota, Florida. It doesn't look bad per se, but it needs to be known that it looks like this and the original will have little to nothing in common.

Also. . .why have Ving Rhames in another "Dead" movie if you aren't going to tie him to the first one?

Last edited:
I can't help but think that people only flame movies like this because they're remakes. When the plot is so vastly different, you might as well give it another name, and nobody would complain.

I can't help but think that people only flame movies like this because they're remakes. When the plot is so vastly different, you might as well give it another name, and nobody would complain.

I'd deffinatly complain less if it wasn't called Day of the Dead. The problem is that name brings things to the table with it, good and bad. I'd probably just think its another mediocre zombie flick with people behind the camera who don't really get it. Again.

Let's get one thing straight...

I'm not comparing this to the first film. I think it'll suck purely based on what I'm looking at right now.

P.S. Sorry Baxter.

It was half way down page two. It happens.

And yeah, its looking like crap on its own merits. Calling it Day of the Dead just makes it worse.

OK...

I've never seen the original Day of the Dead...

But the amount of remakes coming out of Hollywood these days makes me ill. The trailer looks rather generic. I'm expecting a Star Wars remake anyday now.

Latest posts

Back