DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

My familiarity with Flashpoint mainly comes from the animated movie (which I haven't seen in years) and The Flash series. Figured it was probably something like that. Even ripping through time, I'm confused about how that brings in Bruce from Earth-89, but I guess you just got to roll with it.
I think the movie's explanation for it will be what the comics did mixed with whatever those "Chronoball" things were in the concept art. I think those "Chronoballs" might visually represent different Earths and their timelines from the perspective of the Speed Force or 4th Dimension (aka "Temporal Zone").

Nobody has asked this, but the reasons I'm ignoring the Intergang mention in Peacemaker by putting Black Adam in 2020:
1.) It's very blurry text on the newspaper that mentions it.
2.) Intergang might not be entirely wiped out. You'd think there would be other sects since Mannheim appeared in the tie-in prequel and he's never showed up in the film. Bringing me to my last point...
3.) The blurry newspaper text said Intergang gained control over the country (I can't remember the name of)...I guess that puts Black Adam in another ongoing war with them to protect his country; distracting him from the rest of the world's problems.

Clooney is in, lol.
I honestly feel like it was done to confirm Ezra won't be in the DCU. Same with Momoa's Aquaman in the credit scene (still feel like he could potentially be Lobo). Maybe there's a Crisis movie that brings them back down the road, but that'll probably also depend on Ezra's behavior from now to then too.

Earth-1 Pre-Flashpoint = Ben Affleck
Earth-1 Flashpoint = Michael Keaton
Earth-1 Post-Flashpoint = George Clooney
Earth-89 = Michael Keaton
Earth-97 = Michael Keaton (?)/Val Kilmer/George Clooney
this is forced comparison and I have not seen the movie yet but I am getting Dr Who vibes with Batman on Earth 1. That like the Doctor Batman has many different incarnations but due to Messing with the timeline those alternate versions sometimes appear on Earth 1. But they still exist on their own Earths. But that occasionally his alternate doppelgängers bleed over or suppress the original Earth 1 Batman.

I think the theme of the movie is
that Barry is lost in the Multiverse and can never return to a Earth he recognizes. Which can work whether Ezra returns to the part or not. If they recast we see a new Barry and presume the Ezra version is still lost. Or if Ezra returns, Barry got back off camera or it's a doppelgänger with same face and new backstory. I am not convinced Clooney is back beyond this cameo. Anyone watch Sliders? The Pilot ends with them happy to have returned to their home Earth and celebrating at Quinn's house with his Mom. Then his Dad comes home from work..... they are all in shock. Quinn drops his drink... on his Earth his Dad died years ago. Clearly they are not home at all and the show begins. They never even follow up the reactions of his parents Doppelgänger. It was a twist ending to show things are not what you hoped for.

So is
Batman & Robin canon or somewhat, or it's just for the reference?
And is
Clooney the new DCU's Batman and will he play Batman in The Brave and the Bold?

Or I'm totally lost and it's something like
Barry ends up in a post-DCEU universe but not the DCU (maybe in a Batman & Robin universe but with Aquaman in it?), so Momoa's Aquaman and Miller's Flash will not be part of the DCU, and maybe Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom will explain the ending?

Last edited:
I haven't watch the movie and I don't want to get heavy spoilers but I have read the ones in the thread and I have a question:
Is it just a Flashpoint movie with no connection to the multiverse? Like, Barry messes the timeline and Flashpoint Batman is Keaton and after restoring the timeline he just returns and finds a comedic ending that shows everything looks normal except that Afflect has changed to Clooney?
Just answer yes or no

This is a minor thing, but I think Diana Prince's voiceovers in both WW films are supposed to be her talking to Bruce Wayne. Because of this note he gives her, I imagine shortly after the 2015 bookends she's having a conversation with him about her past and explains the events of both WW films to him in November/December of 2015. WW84 could be December since it turns into a Christmas story by the end. Thoughts?

1686845346339.png

wow wow, lots to unpack here, after seeing the film i don't know where to begin, to start can anyone explain the plot to me? lol like how could there be 3 barrys existing at one instance

other notes:
- sep 29, 2013 - barry's initial accident
- sep 30/oct 1, 2013 - zod's message to earth

i would assume these dates are not necessarily concrete with the dceu, mostly in regards to when zod invades earth, considering the changes in history with aquaman, Batman, kara

Last edited:
wow wow, lots to unpack here, after seeing the film i don't know where to begin, to start can anyone explain the plot to me? lol like how could there be 3 barrys existing at one instance

other notes:
- sep 29, 2013 - barry's initial accident
- sep 30/oct 1, 2013 - zod's message to earth

i would assume these dates are not necessarily concrete with the dceu, mostly in regards to when zod invades earth, considering the changes in history with aquaman, Batman, kara
Are those dates in the film?

The DCEU wiki says the Flashpoint timeline is basically just "Earth-89" and Barry ended up there.

I doubt it would be that simple, plus thematically its ludacris since it doesn't alter the DCEU at all if that were the case.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back