DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

I've been thinking. What do we believe is the new way DCEU is being presented post-Flash: is that film now in a different continuity? Did Barry change the DCEU or did he end up in a different timeline, leaving the original characters intact?

When Gunn says Blue Beetle is the first film in the DCU, does he mean they all follow in the same timeline, meaning Aquaman is still probably around? If the post-credit of The Flash implies they're in the same universe then surely Clooney must be too. As we've learnt from the Affleck leak post-credit recently, if Gunn believes it won't go anywhere, he'll remove it; he's replaced the original scene with this Mamoa one, surely implying this is important, otherwise just wouldn't have it at all.

This means Ezra and Mamoa are both staying in the new timeline, but Gunn has said Clooney isn't the new Batman (or Bruce Wayne). Could it be that Clooney never played Bruce Wayne and was just random rich guy, hence his confusion to Barry's absurd reaction??

He did say that The Flash resets the DCU, starting again with Blue Beetle. Could it possibly be that Gunn is planning a cinematic multiverse of stories as head of DC Studios, therefore not ruling out the possibility of future movies with the orginal cast? He also stated he never "fired Henry".

IDK maybe I'm reading too much into things. Maybe I should follow Barry's lesson and learn to move on.

I've been thinking. What do we believe is the new way DCEU is being presented post-Flash: is that film now in a different continuity? Did Barry change the DCEU or did he end up in a different timeline, leaving the original characters intact?

When Gunn says Blue Beetle is the first film in the DCU, does he mean they all follow in the same timeline, meaning Aquaman is still probably around? If the post-credit of The Flash implies they're in the same universe then surely Clooney must be too. As we've learnt from the Affleck leak post-credit recently, if Gunn believes it won't go anywhere, he'll remove it; he's replaced the original scene with this Mamoa one, surely implying this is important, otherwise just wouldn't have it at all.

This means Ezra and Mamoa are both staying in the new timeline, but Gunn has said Clooney isn't the new Batman (or Bruce Wayne). Could it be that Clooney never played Bruce Wayne and was just random rich guy, hence his confusion to Barry's absurd reaction??

He did say that The Flash resets the DCU, starting again with Blue Beetle. Could it possibly be that Gunn is planning a cinematic multiverse of stories as head of DC Studios, therefore not ruling out the possibility of future movies with the orginal cast? He also stated he never "fired Henry".

IDK maybe I'm reading too much into things. Maybe I should follow Barry's lesson and learn to move on.
I like the idea that Clooney was just some random rich guy screwing with Barry but I don't know how that works in the grander context yet.

Better idea: Clooney is Dexter Myles

Creo que quieres decir:
"En la película, Barry dice que su madre estuvo muerta durante 18 años cuando pensó que terminó en el presente; 2004 es el año en que ella murió".

2004 + 18 = 2022
¿En qué escena dice eso?

Captura de pantalla (1046).png
Te lo dije, Battfleck nació en 1974.
Ahora bien, ¿en qué año crees que comenzó su cruzada como Batman?
a la edad de 25?
Eso sería en 1999.
El diálogo de 20 años en Gotham puede ser un error, en bvs (2015) lo mencionan y en JL (2017) lo mencionan también.

¿En qué escena dice eso?
Cuando vuelve a casa de sus padres después de que Dark-Flash le empuje fuera de la Speed Force, le dice a su madre "Vamos a ponernos al día. Que habéis hecho en...digamos...¿Los últimos 18 años?" o algo así. Al rato es cuando le dicen que esta en la universidad y se sorprende, ósea que el creía que estaba en el presente. Si el creía que habían pasado 18 años con su madre mas en esta línea temporal y ella murió en 2004, él creía que estaba en 2022.

As of right now i personally am treating the end of the flash and everything we know is coming in the future as the altered dceu, nothing that has come before is set in concrete but happened like a "fuzzy memory" as gunn has described so they can still pull characters like economos or Waller and say their histories remain the same but Batman and Superman can have new history, i think they'll just recast Batman when the time comes and clooney was a callback gag that's not going anywhere, ideally they would have left it as only seeing bruce from the back; and i think that all the characters who's actors are in limbo (Diana, Billy batson, Barry, arthur, teth-adam) just don't have roles in the current plan and when they do they will either reach out to the existing actors or just recast depending on the current environment

As of right now i personally am treating the end of the flash and everything we know is coming in the future as the altered dceu, nothing that has come before is set in concrete but happened like a "fuzzy memory" as gunn has described so they can still pull characters like economos or Waller and say their histories remain the same but Batman and Superman can have new history,
I have to agree, I think people are trying too hard to figure out the canon of a series that hasnt even released one installment yet. I just view Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 as taking place in the Post-Flashpoint DCEU and the DCU is something that doesnt even exist until 2025

I have to agree, I think people are trying too hard to figure out the canon of a series that hasnt even released one installment yet. I just view Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 as taking place in the Post-Flashpoint DCEU and the DCU is something that doesnt even exist until 2025
Maybe putting Aquaman in the post-credits is their excuse to set Aquaman 2 in the altered timeline but not the DCU, so Momoa will be recast as Lobo after the movie?

In The Flash, the birth date "September 21st" can be read on the baby stretchers at the Martha Wayne Institute. According to the DC Multiverse figure description of the alternate Flash from 2013, the main version of Flash comes from 2022, positioning the events of the film in that year. The Chase of Al Falcone occurs at 9 a.m., while the stretchers mention that the babies were born at 12:15 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., so the events are after September 21, as newborn babies do not usually spend more than 48 hours in the hospital, it is estimated that the events of the film occur around of September 23.
via DCEU wiki.

I liked the DCEU cast, I think it's what they did the best tbh.
I would like as much of them to stay as possible, so this is good news for me.
Also, Cavil and Affleck fans are throwing a fit despite the fact that Cavil, as good as he was, is BOUND by the Snyderverse stuff and him becoming Superman so late in his career (age 33) is not gonna work with James Gunn's plans.

Also, Affleck is done. He's moving on to non-superhero stuff after his Deadpool 3 cameo. They're probably gonna cast someone around that or Clooney's age, an older Batman to differentiate it from the younger, present day "Battinson" from Earth-2.

Also, Cavil and Affleck fans are throwing a fit despite the fact that Cavil, as good as he was, is BOUND by the Snyderverse stuff and him becoming Superman so late in his career (age 33) is not going to work with James Gunn's plans.

Also, Affleck is done. He's moving on to non-superhero stuff after his Deadpool 3 cameo. They're probably gonna cast someone around that or Clooney's age, an older Batman to differentiate it from the younger, present day "Battinson" from Earth-2.
Shoulda kept Michael Keaton if they were gonna go older imo.

either that or make Pattinson join DCU.

Also, Cavil and Affleck fans are throwing a fit despite the fact that Cavil, as good as he was, is BOUND by the Snyderverse stuff and him becoming Superman so late in his career (age 33) is not gonna work with James Gunn's plans.

Probably sups Will be in his early 20s, While bats in his early 40s. Inusual, but interesting.

Latest posts

Back