DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

People need to stop reacting as if their pre-conceived notions are "confirmed" (they're not, James Gunn SAID some stuff is STILL canon from DCEU).

Literally their reaction after the Gal Gadot news is:
View attachment 1177
exactly, but anyway, we live in a world where Marvel comics is doing some MCU Cosplay instead of doing it's own thing, Metal Gear solid V ended when the game was really starting, People continues to say that the LOST finale is terrible and people who says that 1 Spider-Man game is better that the entire Arkham Saga. So I am really not suprised.

BTW should I label or mark Man of Steel, BvS and JL in some way to distinguish it away from the DCU timeline?

BTW should I label or mark Man of Steel, BvS and JL in some way to distinguish it away from the DCU timeline?
Technically you should label every pre-Flash as story [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]. Like, all of Wonder Woman didn't happen in the DCU. It's a rebooted version where similar events happen.

Last edited:
In other words:
DCU Timeline
Chapter 0: Snyderverse
1918 - Wonder Woman [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
1984 - Wonder Woman 1984 [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2013 - Man of Steel [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2015 - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2016 - Suicide Squad: Extended Cut [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2017 - Zack Snyder's Justice League [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2018 - Aquaman [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2018 - Shazam! [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2020 - Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2020 - The Suicide Squad [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2021 - Peacemaker 1x01-1x08 [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2021 - Black Adam [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2021 - Shazam!: Fury of the Gods [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2022 - The Flash [Flashpoint Timeline]
???? - Paradise Lost 1x01-1x08
2023 - Blue Beatle
2023 - Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

Chapter 1: Gods and Monsters
2024 - Creature Commandos 1x01-1x07
2024 - Waller 1x01-1x08
2025 - Superman: Legacy
202? - The Brave and the Bold
202? - Lanterns 1x01-1x08
202? - The Authority
202? - Booster Gold 1x01-1x08
202? - Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow
202? - Swamp Thing

it feels wrong to label only those three movies when the entire DCEU is fully connected to itself in a way that's different. Even James Gunn confirmed that The Suicide Squad isn't canon to the DCU timeline when he spoke of how it's a vague memory of those events that happens in the DCU.

Last edited:
Also, Cavil and Affleck fans are throwing a fit despite the fact that Cavil, as good as he was, is BOUND by the Snyderverse stuff and him becoming Superman so late in his career (age 33) is not gonna work with James Gunn's plans.

Also, Affleck is done. He's moving on to non-superhero stuff after his Deadpool 3 cameo. They're probably gonna cast someone around that or Clooney's age, an older Batman to differentiate it from the younger, present day "Battinson" from Earth-2.
Honestly, it's a shame Cavill isn't coming back, but understandable since Gunn wants a younger Superman.

That said, if they do end up recasting other characters, I'm personally hoping that they get someone else to play The Flash and Mera for obvious reasons. I mean, I'd wanna distance myself from two controversy-riddled actors, after all.

In other words:
DCU Timeline
Chapter 0: Snyderverse
1918 - Wonder Woman [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
1984 - Wonder Woman 1984 [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2013 - Man of Steel [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2015 - Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2016 - Suicide Squad: Extended Cut [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2017 - Zack Snyder's Justice League [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2018 - Aquaman [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2018 - Shazam! [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2020 - Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2020 - The Suicide Squad [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2021 - Peacemaker 1x01-1x08 [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2021 - Black Adam [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2021 - Shazam!: Fury of the Gods [Pre-Flashpoint Timeline]
2022 - The Flash [Flashpoint Timeline]
???? - Paradise Lost 1x01-1x08
2023 - Blue Beatle
2023 - Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

Chapter 1: Gods and Monsters
2024 - Creature Commandos 1x01-1x07
2024 - Waller 1x01-1x08
2025 - Superman: Legacy
202? - The Brave and the Bold
202? - Lanterns 1x01-1x08
202? - The Authority
202? - Booster Gold 1x01-1x08
202? - Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow
202? - Swamp Thing

it feels wrong to label only those three movies when the entire DCEU is fully connected to itself in a way that's different. Even James Gunn confirmed that The Suicide Squad isn't canon to the DCU timeline when he spoke of how it's a vague memory of those events that happens in the DCU.
I think that's gonna be a big mess so I got another suggestion:
Movies or events that most certainly non-canon/erased (MoS, BvS and JL) are entirely labeled as [Pre-Flashpoint].
Scenes with references with that timeline as well.

HOWEVER, if it's something standalone enough like the 1918 scenes in Wonder Woman or even the Shazam or Aquaman films I'll leave them unlabeled for right now because those are up in the air still.

Last edited:
That just feels more messy and less factual to me. I'd rather treat every post-Flash story as entirely new characters with similar histories, just like the many comics reboots.
Like putting the Harley Quinn cartoon in the live-action multiverse? :p

We don't know for sure what's being erased besides Cavill's Superman, prehistoric Supergirl, Cyborg and Batfleck so a bigger block of "This is ALL erased" is bad optics IMO.

Personal presence has nothing to do with it either.

Shazam is never said to be erased completely from the timeline. You might think it is, but you can't prove it with vague info like "Superman Legacy is the start of the DCU canon." To what degree? Exactly.

Everything pre-Flash is connected to Snyder. Cavill's Superman, Affleck's Batman, events from Justice League/Zack Snyder's Justice League, it's all referenced in those stories. Suicide Squad connects to Batman v Superman. Wonder Woman connects to Batman v Superman. Aquaman references Justice League events. Shazam! references Justice League events and has Superman in it. Peacemaker has the DCEU version of the Justice League. Black Adam has the DCEU Superman.

It's not that the entire events are erased, it's that the specific versions we saw are part of the DCEU timeline. The timeline should reflect that. Just like the Arrowverse timeline with Pre-Crisis Earth-1. Same events, but the versions we saw aren't part of the current timeline.

Everything pre-Flash is connected to Snyder. Cavill's Superman, Affleck's Batman, events from Justice League/Zack Snyder's Justice League, it's all referenced in those stories. Suicide Squad connects to Batman v Superman. Wonder Woman connects to Batman v Superman. Aquaman references Justice League events. Shazam! references Justice League events and has Superman in it. Peacemaker has the DCEU version of the Justice League. Black Adam has the DCEU Superman.

It's not that the entire events are erased, it's that the specific versions we saw are part of the DCEU timeline. The timeline should reflect that. Just like the Arrowverse timeline with Pre-Crisis Earth-1. Same events, but the versions we saw aren't part of the current timeline.
"Should"

No. The DCEU was never given a reality number pre-Crisis; but had two multiversal re-arranging/transitions after that from "New Earth-1" to "Post-Flashpoint Earth-1".

Let me think on this [Pre-Flashpoint] thing but right now I'm not in the mood to have this discussion. I'm extremely busy right now.

I know that the DCEU never had a Pre-Crisis number. I was talking about the Arrowverse "Earth-1", "Earth-38" thing, and how every single Pre-Crisis episode was labeled Earth-1 on your timeline despite the events for Earth-Prime being pretty much the exact same except for a lot of Arrow.

The DCEU is the equivalent to the Arrowverse Earth-1/Earth-38 tags, while the DCU would then be the equivalent of Earth-Prime.

The reality is completely different but a vague memory of the DCEU events remains. In other words, Aquaman happened, but not the exact version we saw (which on this timeline would be DCEU). Therefore, Aquaman should be labelled as "Pre-Flashpoint Timeline".

Last edited:
I know that the DCEU never had a Pre-Crisis number. I was talking about the Arrowverse "Earth-1", "Earth-38" thing, and how every single Pre-Crisis episode was labeled Earth-1 on your timeline despite the events for Earth-Prime being pretty much the exact same except for a lot of Arrow.

The DCEU is the equivalent to the Arrowverse Earth-1/Earth-38 tags, while the DCU would then be the equivalent of Earth-Prime.

The reality is completely different but a vague memory of the DCEU events remains. In other words, Aquaman happened, but not the exact version we saw (which on this timeline would be DCEU). Therefore, Aquaman should be labelled as "Pre-Flashpoint Timeline".
I apologize, I was in a bad mood yesterday.

Your logic is sound. I'll adjust latter.

I'm sorry to hear that. I was just trying to debate.
You're fine. I'm looking at it from this regard - I don't think all the films will be set in present day. Some of it is "replacement history" I'd assume.

I still think Superman Legacy might take place around 2010 (15 years prior to it's release date) for example.

That makes sense to me. In the new history, Batman and Superman are completely different, and the other characters experienced similar events but were influenced by the new characters.

This does assume that the DCU is the new timeline at the end of The Flash, so I guess George Clooney gets recast.

That makes sense to me. In the new history, Batman and Superman are completely different, and the other characters experienced similar events but were influenced by the new characters.

This does assume that the DCU is the new timeline at the end of The Flash, so I guess George Clooney gets recast.
I'm very curious how they'll get around the Clooney issue.
Either a.) they cast someone who looks like him but definitely not Clooney himself or b.) the distorted voice on the phone was Bruce and the guy who pulled up to the courthouse, played by Clooney, was someone else entirely who got there right before him.

Barry isn't gonna f with the timeline again after he just got his dad out of prison.

I'm very curious how they'll get around the Clooney issue.
Either a.) they cast someone who looks like him but definitely not Clooney himself or b.) the distorted voice on the phone was Bruce and the guy who pulled up to the courthouse, played by Clooney, was someone else entirely who got there right before him.

Barry isn't gonna f with the timeline again after he just got his dad out of prison.
I still have my doubts Ezra's Barry ended up in Gunn's universe. Not only because of the Clooney thing, but with Ezra's controversies and the movie's performance I don't see why they would continue with him when the new universe already has new actors for at the very least Superman and Batman.

Latest posts

Back