DC Extended Universe - News & Rumors

Re: DC Cinematic Universe - News & Rumors

The new rumor is that
Batman
will cameo at the end of Suicide Squad, supposedly as a lead in to a solo film.
I like that. That'd be cool.

I also like the potential story plot. Sounds like it'd make a good story for the film.

I've heard a lot of new casting rumors. First, Karl Urban is supposedly being looked at for a supporting role in Aquaman. Speculation is that it would be Ocean Master (I really hope they don't use his name though). Also, Joel Edgerton and Jon Bernthal are being considered for Rick Flag (Tom Hardy's old role) after Jake Gyllenhaal passed. Lastly, Gary Sinise is possibly close to a deal to be in Suicide Squad, the rumor being that he would play General Eiling.

Apparently, WB had found the new Rick Flag (Tom Hardy's old part) for their Suicide Squad movie: Joel Kinnaman. He's probably best known as playing RoboCop in the remake last year, but I hear he's a pretty good actor. At least they now have that role filled.

Interesting. Wonder if this is a small/cameo role to set up for a future appearance or, maybe Croc is one of the villains the other villains (Suicide Squad) are after.

I can see it being either. I doubt Croc would be an interesting enough villain on his own, but then again, if you play up the tension (in the sewers at the dead of night while Croc is stalking Batman--or in this case the Suicide Squad, etc), and especially the tragic backstory and make him that perfect combination of monster and tragic character, it could be very good just if they go that route, but I doubt that. We'll see.

I'm assuming they'll use mocap/CGI much like Ruffalo's Hulk. That should be interesting.

Official first look at Jared Leto as The Joker for Suicide Squad.

11144910_767262380038895_4906778223917239592_n.jpg

I don't know. I honestly don't like it. At all really. After b****ing about the Batman v. Superman trailer so much, I'm going to try and not be a pessimist. That said, I really haven't seen a single thing from WB/DC to give me any faith that they'll pull off their shared universe.

I want to see Ben Affleck Batman's reaction to whatever the **** that thing is.

I want to see Ben Affleck Batman's reaction to whatever the **** that thing is.

In this universe, the Joker began his criminal career after being fired from his job at Hot Topic.

Seriously, I keep checking the date to make sure it's not April Fool's Day. Silver teeth? Tattoos everywhere (and I mean EVERYWHERE)? Who thought this was a good look?

DC Cinematic Universe - News & Rumors

I don't know. I honestly don't like it. At all really. After b****ing about the Batman v. Superman trailer so much, I'm going to try and not be a pessimist. That said, I really haven't seen a single thing from WB/DC to give me any faith that they'll pull off their shared universe.

Actually, after this, I'm pretty much right there with you. I was hoping this would be revealed as a three and a half week late April Fool's joke, and there's a part that's still hoping this is just a red herring and Leto and Ayer just screwing with us, but... nope, this is probably actually real.

For Christ's sake.

In this universe, the Joker began his criminal career after being fired from his job at Hot Topic.

Seriously, I keep checking the date to make sure it's not April Fool's Day. Silver teeth? Tattoos everywhere (and I mean EVERYWHERE)? Who thought this was a good look?

Exactly! That was exactly my reaction!

I was hoping it would be a more classic look, closer to Nicholson's version and look than the emo/wannabe-thug/shirtless douche/over-tatted-to-compensate-for-other-shortcomings look.

That's just horrible. So this is what Leto meant by his Joker being a beautiful disaster? It's a disaster all right, but it's anything but beautiful.

He looks like one of Lady Gaga's less over the top entourage members.

Last edited:

The forehead tattoo pisses me off above everything else. This is as subtle as a Michael Bay film.

I'm starting to think that the DC live action universe might be pretty short lived.

The forehead tattoo pisses me off above everything else. This is as subtle as a Michael Bay film.

I'm starting to think that the DC live action universe might be pretty short lived.

Agree with both.

This is depressing. And seriously, if they'd not overdone the tattoos and the fake teeth/caps, it wouldn't be bad. Not at all.

Even the idea that Batman knocked Joker's teeth out (likely after Joker killed Robin) and those are the replacements is just... a bad excuse. Waaaaaaay over the top, and not at all in a good way.

They were close. Leto's casting was brilliant. And if someone were to photoshop that pic and remove most of the tattoos, add normal teeth, and whiten the skin some (and even that's not a must, the standard tone pale skin look works fine), and put a damn shirt on, and that would be awesome. The forehead tattoo, the over abundance of the other tattoos, the teeth, and the no shirt to show off those tattoos... it's not encouraging.

Still, I expect Leto to give a fantastic performance, but I am hating that design, and worried a lot more now about not only Suicide Squad, but the DC movie-verse in general.

I tried being the voice of optimism and reason, I tried to be patient and hoped they'd get it right and get the main characters' arcs to points where they reflected their comic counterparts a lot more (particularly Superman). I'm not going to react in a knee jerk fashion. I'm not going to NOT see the films. I most certainly will. But I'm far more wary going in, and far less excited and confident in the direction and oversight of this new cinematic universe (especially since it inherently has SO much potential, arguably even more than Marvel since WB/DC own the film rights to ALL their characters, and Superman and Batman are literally as iconic as superheroes can possibly get).

It's just depressing...

Agree with both.

This is depressing. And seriously, if they'd not overdone the tattoos and the fake teeth/caps, it wouldn't be bad. Not at all.

Even the idea that Batman knocked Joker's teeth out (likely after Joker killed Robin) and those are the replacements is just... a bad excuse. Waaaaaaay over the top, and not at all in a good way.

They were close. Leto's casting was brilliant. And if someone were to photoshop that pic and remove most of the tattoos, add normal teeth, and whiten the skin some (and even that's not a must, the standard tone pale skin look works fine), and put a damn shirt on, and that would be awesome. The forehead tattoo, the over abundance of the other tattoos, the teeth, and the no shirt to show off those tattoos... it's not encouraging.

Still, I expect Leto to give a fantastic performance, but I am hating that design, and worried a lot more now about not only Suicide Squad, but the DC movie-verse in general.

I tried being the voice of optimism and reason, I tried to be patient and hoped they'd get it right and get the main characters' arcs to points where they reflected their comic counterparts a lot more (particularly Superman). I'm not going to react in a knee jerk fashion. I'm not going to NOT see the films. I most certainly will. But I'm far more wary going in, and far less excited and confident in the direction and oversight of this new cinematic universe (especially since it inherently has SO much potential, arguably even more than Marvel since WB/DC own the film rights to ALL their characters, and Superman and Batman are literally as iconic as superheroes can possibly get).

It's just depressing...

Yeah, it's just a terrible design. I can kind of see what they were trying to do (a punk-rock Joker...I guess), and wouldn't necessarily be against a take like that, but they missed the mark. By a lot. The forehead tattoo and metal teeth are the worst of it, in my opinion. I think the other tattoos are ridiculous, but I could live with them. Especially since he'd be wearing a shirt (hopefully). I can only imagine what they are going to do for Harley Quinn now. Other people have mentioned that he looks like Ninja from Die Antwoord. Hopefully they don't based Harley's look off of Yolandi Visser, but nothing would surprise me at this point.

Latest posts

Back