DC Extended Universe - News & Rumors

Re: DC Cinematic Universe - News & Rumors

CDZzK5OWoAIGAnT.jpg

Also from Twitter

Behind every mass murdering, psychotic, clown-themed killer... there's a Macaulay Culkin.

I will say about joker I'm torn. On the plus side it looks different enough to dark knight you can get beyond the new actor and it's really brightly lit, in darker environments like the DC universe seems to be it might look great. On the other hand the tattoos are a little too much so I dont know. I need to see more before I write that off.

DC Cinematic Universe - News & Rumors

These are great... Twitter reactions to the Joker pic reveal:

Dan Slott
SUICIDE SQUAD script

FLAG: Do this mission and you'll be exonerated of all past cri--
JOKER: How about tattoo removal? I'll do it for that.
12:47 AM - 25 Apr 2015

Robert Liefeld
I don't understand how or why fans wouldn't like THAT Joker pic. I must be out of touch.
12:40 AM - 25 Apr 2015

Rob, you've never really been IN touch.

Duncan Jones
Blooming Madonna! God bless her. Refuses to age gracefully...
10:16 PM - 24 Apr 2015

Paul Scheer
Glad to be living in a world where people are more accepting of Bruce Jenner than Jared Leto's Joker.
7:32 AM - 25 Apr 2015

Good stuff.

Still, I think Leto will do great. Hey, maybe that stupid forehead tattoo is why he starts using the white makeup?

Last edited:

I like that casting.

Also, after the success of his Mad Max: Fury Road, some concept art for George Miller's cancelled Justice League movie has shown up online. This is apparently what his Aquaman would have looked like:

CGQmJEFVAAAhNFH.jpg

I like it quite a bit, especially in comparison to the design for Aqua-Mamoa. Some have said that it wouldn't work on screen, but I see no reason to assume that. I've heard rumors that a full on documentary will be made about the doomed "Justice League: Mortal", which sounds like it could be very interesting.

Report: Ben Affleck, Geoff Johns Co-Writing Standalone Batman Film

Ben Affleck and Geoff Johns are reportedly deep in development mode, co-writing for a standalone Batman film, with Affleck planned to star and direct.

The Deadline report states that the pair are "well in synch and have more than found their rhythm" in developing the long rumored solo film. Affleck would shoot the movie once he wraps production on "Live by Night."

Ben Affleck and Geoff Johns are reportedly deep in development mode, co-writing for a standalone Batman film, with Affleck planned to star and direct.

The Deadline report states that the pair are "well in synch and have more than found their rhythm" in developing the long rumored solo film. Affleck would shoot the movie once he wraps production on "Live by Night."

Interesting... I'm really looking forward to seeing Affleck tackle the character, not only onscreen acting the part but co-writing and directing. Given Affleck's track record over the past 5 or 6 years he's grown hugely as both an actor and director.

So that's actually the only DCU movie I might want to go see. Not because it's Batman. But because Affleck is a good director.

New trailer

[video=youtube;uehhs1vrRXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uehhs1vrRXE[/video]

Last edited:

Yeah, linked up the Green Lantern news above.

And we both posted the trailer at the same time, but me in the Batman v Superman thread. :p

Latest posts

Back