DC: One Year Later discussion (Spoilers!)

Victor Von Doom said:
Ok....so anyone here reading Supergirl? If so...I am totally lost as to what the hell is going on in the current arc.

I have no clue how they are on Kandor? Why are they masquerading as Flamebird and Nightwing? And so many more questions...

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!?!?!?!? :arrgh:

I only read issue 6, but apparently Supergirl returned from the 21st century at some point during the year away, and this arc is taking place before the new JSA. Apparently Earth-Two Superman punching a wall caused the origin of Kandor to change, and now it's ruled by an evil Superman. Somehow Supergirl and Power Girl found out and they're trying to liberate it. Supergirl figures if Kandor managed to survive, then maybe her home city survived too. They're pretending to be Flamebird and Nightwing, because they're defending the non-Kryptonians on Kandor and they know no one would trust them if they knew that the two of them are actually Kryptonians too. But it hasn't been explained exactly how they got to Kandor.

Really, it's mostly just an excuse to have two hot chicks kick *** together.

Zombipanda said:
I only read issue 6, but apparently Supergirl returned from the 21st century at some point during the year away, and this arc is taking place before the new JSA. Apparently Earth-Two Superman punching a wall caused the origin of Kandor to change, and now it's ruled by an evil Superman. Somehow Supergirl and Power Girl found out and they're trying to liberate it. Supergirl figures if Kandor managed to survive, then maybe her home city survived too. They're pretending to be Flamebird and Nightwing, because they're defending the non-Kryptonians on Kandor and they know no one would trust them if they knew that the two of them are actually Kryptonians too. But it hasn't been explained exactly how they got to Kandor.

Really, it's mostly just an excuse to have two hot chicks kick *** together.

That makes a little more sense. Although Kara kissing Kal-El at the end with his hand on her butt is a little disturbing.

Victor Von Doom said:
That makes a little more sense. Although Kara kissing Kal-El at the end with his hand on her butt is a little disturbing.

whoa! I haven't picked it up yet! That's... weird...

So I just finished reading the OYL Batman/Detective Comics arc.

:shock:

Wow.....really good. Never liked Batman before....but this was so good that I think I'll follow the series now. Loved the Harvey Dent twist. Saw it coming....but still loved it.

Victor Von Doom said:
So I just finished reading the OYL Batman/Detective Comics arc.

:shock:

Wow.....really good. Never liked Batman before....but this was so good that I think I'll follow the series now. Loved the Harvey Dent twist. Saw it coming....but still loved it.

It was mediocre.

You do have to stay on for Morrison on Batman and Dini on Detective.

thee great one said:
It was mediocre.

You do have to stay on for Morrison on Batman and Dini on Detective.

Well seeing as how I never like Batman because I always thought the 2 characters they portray him as, just contradicted each other....I thought it was pretty good. Not as good as Hush....but still good.

I definitely am staying on for Morrison's Batman. Although I haven't decided on whether or not I wanna continue on with Dini's Detective.

Dini's Detective ****ing rocked. Best single Batman issue ever.

And I thought the OYL crossover was kind of dull.

ProjectX2 said:
Dini's Detective ****ing rocked. Best single Batman issue ever.
Still have yet to read that. :(

ProjectX2 said:
And I thought the OYL crossover was kind of dull.
Have to agree. Didn't seem very exciting, though the art I liked and there were some interesting points here and there. 'Bout it.

Latest posts

Back