DC Universe Online

So this is too big for my computer by leaps and bounds and I don't own a PS3. I'm probably not ever going to be able to play this.

I'll have to wait for the sequel. :cry:

Shouldn't be too big, SysReq is a Pentium 4, 1GB RAM, and GeForce 7000/ATi 1950. Any PC or Mac made in the last 4 years should be able to play it.

My laptop is a netbook (the whole concept of which is that you get a more compact, cheaper laptop for mobile internet, with significantly slower CPU speed) and my family computer's about six years old.

Frustratingly the only thing I've ever had a great problem doing on a computer is playing new games. I haven't the patience for all of the graphics card/RAM/jiggawatt do-hickey upgrades that are required every ten seconds to make your computer worth a damn where gaming is concerned, when everything else works just fine on it. Which is why I usually stick with consoles.

Last edited:
My laptop is a netbook (the whole concept of which is that you get a more compact, cheaper laptop for mobile internet, with significantly slower CPU speed) and my family computer's about six years old.

Frustratingly the only thing I've ever had a great problem doing on a computer is playing new games. I haven't the patience for all of the graphics card/RAM/jiggawatt do-hickey upgrades that are required every ten seconds to make your computer worth a damn where gaming is concerned, when everything else works just fine on it. Which is why I usually stick with consoles.

Ohhhh, yeah, that was one of the main reasons why I switched to Mac. Tired of having to play the "upgrade game" all the time (plus, got tired of dealing with windows). I've completely converted from PC gamer to console.

Gotta say I have been playing this for 3 days. I love it. Greatly improved over the beta. Two updates in 3 days. Hopefully it will be worth the monthly fee.

I have encountered both Jeff Bridges and Sean Connery. Both heroes. Connery had a futuristic version of his Robin Hood gear on. In my personal canon, they both are the actual people, who were imbued with Exobytes like the rest of us and decided to publicly become superheroes.

This game is awesome.

I have encountered both Jeff Bridges and Sean Connery. Both heroes. Connery had a futuristic version of his Robin Hood gear on. In my personal canon, they both are the actual people, who were imbued with Exobytes like the rest of us and decided to publicly become superheroes.

This game is awesome.

I saw a "Chuck Norris" and tonight a Green Hornet.

I've seen Barak Obama, Resnov (From COD: Black Ops), and Mintberry Crunch (South Park).

Can you switch your characters power set? I chose sorcery not knowing its a healing class and I just want to do damage.

I really want to pick this up but between finishing Red Dead, God of War 3 and leveling on WoW, I don't know if I'll find the time. Plus MVC3 is just around the river bend. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Took down a hero on No Man's Land serve named Gothamite. ;-P Gothamite, if that was you. Meet my character, Boy Sunder.

[video=youtube;4RM43hA8Shc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RM43hA8Shc[/video]

I still don't understand why they don't just make movies like this

DC Universe Online Going Free to Play

Free
New players will now have access to the current gameplay in DC Universe Online (including Gotham City, Metropolis, and all current raids and alerts), with the ability to create two characters, join a league and many other benefits. Free level players will be able to purchase downloadable game packs/updates, additional character slots, powers and more through microtransactions.

Premium
Any player who has spent at least $5 (including former paid subscribers and new players who have purchased $5 of in-game items) will qualify for the Premium access level. Premium level players will have more benefits available to them than the Free level player, including additional character slots, additional inventory slots, and higher cash limits. Downloadable adventure packs, additional character slots, and more can be purchased in-game.

Legendary
Maximum features and benefits are included at this level. Loaded with enhanced additional features, Legendary access will be available for a $14.99 monthly fee and includes all DLC packs at no cost, more than 15 character slots, more than 80 inventory slots, the ability to form unrestricted-sized leagues, and many other benefits.

From http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/119/1195161p1.html

:D great news

I stopped playing right after the game came back from the PSN being down so long, just lost interest. Now, I've started playing again. Just got the Flash DLC and have been leveling a character with electric powers. His name is Ned Spark (on the PVP server, PS3). If you're interested in playing, let's do this thing. I remember a lot of us saying we'd come up with our own group. Now that there are a lot of people playing again, I say let's go! It's even free to download on your PS3, all you'll need to do is pay for the DLC (there's other stuff you can pay for but for it being free they are pretty generous).

Latest posts

Back