Deadly Shooting at Virgina Tech

Fringprints, missing persons, eyewitness reports, dental records, There are many other ways to find out who he is

Aye, aye. Just pointing out what was needed for DNA. Its not like they can just pull out a sample and find out a name.

Damn TV detectives making it look too easy.

The truth is that this kind of thing doesn't happen the most in America. There are many many countries all over the world where many many more people are shot and killed than in America. If it happens in America, it just gets more attention, because of how America is thought of by our world as being the greatest, safest country to live in. None the less, it is a very very sad day. They will all be in my prayers.

This is very sad. I can't believe this guy managed to kill that many people.
2)I forget which but the 2nd or 3rd amendment says every house can own a gun. This is the part i disagree with. Maybe when it was written that was ok but now days every house with a gun = easy gun access for teenagers to get a hold of or kids and shoot up their school beacuse "no one likes me" or "it's too hard" boo ****ing hoo that's life and every kid feels like that at sometime

Imo those amendment need to be changed. More guns = more gun violence. Now yes criminals will still guns in countries where guns are banned e.g over here in the uk guns are not a right. Yet cops get shot.

Now I understand not banning guns completely if the person proves they are very responsible and/or wants them for collectors purposes. But the every house can a gun is bull****. Sorry guys I know i'll get flamed for this but that is my view.
No, I agree.

Gun laws in our country are ridiculous. I see very little reason for most people to own guns.
Guess we'll have to wait for the forensics report.

You know, I can't fathom the mindset of these people. Do you just wake up one morning saying "Hey, you know what? I'm going to go murder a few people before lunch, then shoot myself in the face."
Well, I imagine most of them are mentally ill.

I think the guns laws in the States are too leniant, yes, but the thought of a country in which the government owns all the guns and the citizens can't procure any is much scarier to me.

This is the only reason I don't support gun control. Yes, the country would be much safer. But, I'm an ardent supporter of this statement by Ben Franklin: "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither".

Fringprints, missing persons, eyewitness reports, dental records, There are many other ways to find out who he is

Of course, if he shot himself in the face, odds are good that dental records aren't going to be very useful...

This is the only reason I don't support gun control. Yes, the country would be much safer. But, I'm an ardent supporter of this statement by Ben Franklin: "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither".

The actual quote is "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." The difference is significant.

The actual quote is "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." The difference is significant.

The original quote escaped me. But, how would you say they differ significantly? :?

I think what he means is that you can get the DNA, but you have to have something to compare it to. DNA can only confirm an ID, it can't ID a body itself.

Re: The Off-Topic Thread

2)I forget which but the 2nd or 3rd amendment says every house can own a gun. This is the part i disagree with. Maybe when it was written that was ok but now days every house with a gun = easy gun access for teenagers to get a hold of or kids and shoot up their school beacuse "no one likes me" or "it's too hard" boo ****ing hoo that's life and every kid feels like that at sometime

Actually the 2nd amendment says "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." The thing is people just read " the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." and really a lot of people are stupid, I remember seeing the president of the NRA state that in one year there was only 6 homicide with guns when really it was 600. That guy distorted the truth and now many people view gun control as "the liberals taking away one of our rights" and its tough to convince these people otherwise.

I think what he means is that you can get the DNA, but you have to have something to compare it to. DNA can only confirm an ID, it can't ID a body itself.

I know I was just pointing out (mainly to mole) that DNA isn't nessecary to identify someone.

Last edited:
Re: The Off-Topic Thread

Actually the 2nd amendment says "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." The thing is people just read " the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." and really a lot of people are stupid, I remember seeing the president of the NRA state that in one year there was only 6 homicide with guns when really it was 600. That guy distorted the truth and now many people view gun control as "the liberals taking away one of our rights" and its tough to convince these people otherwise.

Yeah like I said I'll admit I was unsure. All I have to go on is tv shows / films ect... where they all say something like "yes I have a gun but it's the 2nd amendment" or whatever.

So yes I was unsure on this. but thank you for explaining

While I wholeheartedly agree that this is a horrid tragedy, I do not find our gun laws "ridiculous". Do I think the assault riffle ban being repealed was necessary? Hell no. Do I think people should be able do own guns? Yeah. I do. You know what one of Hitler's first actions was? Taking away the means that people had to defend themselves.

I'm not trying to start an argument here, and this will be the only post that I make on the subject. I've been watching the news for a good part of the afternoon, and honestly feel terrible.

You know, every day, there is something that chips away at any hope I have for humanity. I wonder if people ever really pay attention, to, well, anything. If people actually ever try to learn anything from the things going on around them.

For every decent thing that happens? I mean...how many horrible things lead to that, or follow it, or...I don't know.

It seems like humans, in general, are so detached from their world, and the things in that world, that these...attrocities, whatever has ocurred on any given day...are the direct result of the lack of respect for that world...And a general decline in human quality. By quality, I mean any adjective that would accurately describe a good, honest, decent person.

But maybe there never was one in the first place. Maybe this is all there is; continuous strife until one day it happens on a global scale, all due to the failure of human quality.

Chivalry never died; it was murdered.
Sorry. I don't even know what the hell to say, so it's not coming out right. If anyone needs me, I'll will hopefully have transcended to a new level of drunkeness.

You know, every day, there is something that chips away at any hope I have for humanity. I wonder if people ever really pay attention, to, well, anything. If people actually ever try to learn anything from the things going on around them.

For every decent thing that happens? I mean...how many horrible things lead to that, or follow it, or...I don't know.

It seems like humans, in general, are so detached from their world, and the things in that world, that these...attrocities, whatever has ocurred on any given day...are the direct result of the lack of respect for that world...And a general decline in human quality. By quality, I mean any adjective that would accurately describe a good, honest, decent person.

But maybe there never was one in the first place. Maybe this is all there is; continuous strife until one day it happens on a global scale, all due to the failure of human quality.

Sorry. I don't even know what the hell to say, so it's not coming out right. If anyone needs me, I'll will hopefully have transcended to a new level of drunkeness.

And a couple hundred years ago, people were auctioned off. Thousands of years ago, random hordes of barbarians could make an entire empire fall just by looting, pillaging and raping major areas. Humanity is pulling itself out of the muck by its fingernails.

And a couple hundred years ago, people were auctioned off. Thousands of years ago, random hordes of barbarians could make an entire empire fall just by looting, pillaging and raping major areas. Humanity is pulling itself out of the muck by its fingernails.

Well now, this conversation is just lovely. I think the thread should be locked before this turns into an epic argument.

Mankind is slowly creeping into what is referred to as Droogism. it's a reference from A Clockwork Orange... but I think it pretty much sums up most violence in the world.

Latest posts

Back