Deadpool Movie thread

Void.M

Actor Ryan Reynolds talked to Hitfix about working on the spin-off. "I'm intimately involved with it," Reynolds said. "We're just trying to break a story right now and figure out who the villain is going to be and all that stuff. But, it's going to be just like the comic books. I'm gonna have a messed up face and you may see some flashbacks of Wade earlier in his life, but primarily what you see is what you get in the comics and that's the goal. And there is no better place to draw material from then the comics which are incredible."

He also spoke with IGN, talking about the character. "I would like to make him self-aware; I'd like to have a bit of a pop-culture air going on throughout the film. I mean, the greatest villain in a Deadpool comic is Deadpool. There's a lot you can do there, but you've gotta ask, 'Who's the boss? Who's the guy he's going up against?' But it's breaking the fourth wall; it's including all those things in a way that works, but it's not nearly as hard as it sounds. It can really be done. And people tend to overlook the greatest resource we have, which is the comic book. If it can be done in the comic, it can be done on film in a way that's just as much fun to watch for people who know nothing about the character than for people who are obsessed with the character."
http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=21412

A new Rumor regarding the potential writers of the Deadpool movie.

:Cud.com:
The Deadpool movie has been slowly, quietly been percolating over at Fox, and recent days may have seen some important developments. While nothing is official just yet, it looks like Fox could be hiring Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, the writers of Zombieland, to script the adventures of the Merc With A Mouth. I did my due diligence and asked around but couldn't get a solid confirmation, so regard this one as a strong rumor.

Source: http://chud.com/articles/articles/21771/1/DEADPOOL-COULD-BE-GOING-TO-ZOMBIELAND/Page1.html

Last edited:
Robert Rodriguez offered to direct Deadpool?

Robert Rodriguez Offered Deadpool?

Twentieth Century Fox has offered Deadpool to Sin City director Robert Rodriguez, Production Weekly and The Playlist report. Not that offering Rodriguez necessarily means anything; after all, Fox offered him the Planet of the Apes prequel, too.

However, for what it's worth, The Playlist says the director is considering the film, which is being penned by Zombieland screenwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. Last we heard, Green Lantern star Ryan Reynolds was on track to reprise his role from X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The actor told MTV as recently as January that he was talking to Reese and Wernick "every single day."

Re: Robert Rodriguez offered to direct Deadpool?

Twentieth Century Fox has offered Deadpool to Sin City director Robert Rodriguez, Production Weekly and The Playlist report. Not that offering Rodriguez necessarily means anything; after all, Fox offered him the Planet of the Apes prequel, too.

However, for what it's worth, The Playlist says the director is considering the film, which is being penned by Zombieland screenwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick. Last we heard, Green Lantern star Ryan Reynolds was on track to reprise his role from X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The actor told MTV as recently as January that he was talking to Reese and Wernick "every single day."

i would be completely ok if that turns out to be tru

Re: Robert Rodriguez offered to direct Deadpool?

Well. it looks like Rodriguez is now in active negotiations to direct.

Last edited:
As long as they bring the funny.

Last edited:
If they go through with this it is very possible that I would burn all of my comics and shut down this site.

apparently Reynolds has gone on record saying the Deadpool movie will have nothing to do with the Deadpool shown in X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Latest posts

Back