Detective Comics (Rucka/Williams III) *spoilers*

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
New beginnings and titles should have new thread.

The first issue of the Batwoman story was a sweet as I hoped. I love her costume design and Williams did not disappoint on the art. Such vibrant red, it's like HD comics.

The Question backup was average. I didn't feel the arc but I don't hate the new Question but I don't love her either. It's like lukewarm.

I really liked the Question back-up, but I was mostly sold by them using Aristotle Rodar from the original Question series as a supporting character... I sincerely hope that Detective stays a Batwoman/Question book.

This is the best single issue of a superhero comic to come out this year. More gushing later.

The issue is worth its price for the art alone. And despite having very limited exposure to Batwoman, I'm already easily becoming endeared to her and excited about where the series is going. The Question back-up was kind of a bore.

The issue is worth its price for the art alone. And despite having very limited exposure to Batwoman, I'm already easily becoming endeared to her and excited about where the series is going. The Question back-up was kind of a bore.

About the Question feature, that's the way I felt at the start of O'Neil's Question run...

Yeah, I agree with you, but the episodic structure means it's probably going to take a while to really get going. I'll be happy to give it a grace period on the strength of the Batwoman lead alone.

I suppose I just really enjoyed the Manhunter feature and the Question one was definitely a letdown in comparison.

Latest posts

Back