Dexter Series Discussion *Spoilers*

I don't know who TFT is, but DSF just clearly broke his legally obliged silence!!!11!!!1!!!!11!

Season 6 premiere leaked on-line. The season is off to a great start. After the last season sat for a while, I wasn't really looking forward to this season. Luckily, there's not even a mention of Lumen and it's not wasting any time getting into the new villains and theme for this season. Should be interesting indeed.

The company I work for developed a Facebook trivia game with Showtime for the new season of Dexter... I've been working on it for the last few months. There will be new questions after every new episode. You should check it out or something!

Masuka's Intern Program

Anyone else enjoying the season? Not much to really go on, but it is definitely a return to form, of sorts, for Dexter. The villains interesting enough. Still, this season's start is showing that the show hasn't evolved much. Hopefully, they change that. I'd hate for this show to just start repeatedly hitting the reset button until it is no longer a fun ride.

I agree with the idea that the show hasn't evolved enough. It's actually quite good, I like Mos Def and Debra as Lieutenant is somewhat interesting. But there is a staleness to it. I think once Dexter becomes aware of this year's serial killer it won't feel stale anymore. The build up as they slowly put all the pieces in place is a little annoying since we've gone through it five times now. Plus, the killer needs to really be something new to work. I'm optimistic.

Prediction: Edward James Olmos is Colin Hanks' Dark Passenger (the Harry to Hanks' Dexter) and doesn't actually exist.

Hopefully given the Lt. job to Deb makes her character better and grow. She's still seems the same, for the most part, since the show started. Quinn, the "brief" time he's been around has at least been given a chance for some character development, wanting to marry Deb and all.

A lot of people have guessed that Professor Gellar is Travis' dark passenger, perhaps his father like Harry is to Dexter. I like the idea, but I'd prefer if that wasn't the case. Between the two of them, Gellar is the more interesting, even though they are going more in depth with Travis. I liked what IGN said about Colin Hanks as the killer -- in order for it to be believable, we'll need to see him in the act the same way that we saw Lithgow take down his victims in bath tubs, etc. It is early in the season, so here is hoping that they do flesh out both of these villains to where it is believable that Colin Hanks actually performs these very grisly acts.

Last night's episode was great. I thought it was a really well written episode, with all of the elements finally beginning to come together.

The scene where Dexter was in the car with Travis? Awesome. Reminded me a lot of the first on-screen death in Season 1, Episode 1 where Dexter took down that choir director. IGN reviewed the episode and said that Dexter letting Travis go is absurd, but I interpret it differently. I think Dex is just applying what he's learned from Brother Sam to his life. He'll be the person to lead Travis to the light and in exchange, Dexter is led to Gellar. I am still hoping that Gellar is a seperate person... Even after this episode it isn't made clear.

I was starting to think that Sam might have some secret motive or something to keep around Dexter, something he wasn't (of course) telling him. But with what happened to him at this episode, I don't think he did after all.

Is it just me or are the interns up to something? Their interest in Dexter has become more than a coincidence...

Can't wait to see what they mean by bringing his brother back into this. I'm guessing he represents Dexter's complete dark side.

Is it just me or are the interns up to something? Their interest in Dexter has become more than a coincidence...

Can't wait to see what they mean by bringing his brother back into this. I'm guessing he represents Dexter's complete dark side.
Yeah, I'm sure that's what he is, which would fit into the season's faith story line. Harry is the "angel" while Brian is the "devil."

Latest posts

Back