Dissapointment Theatre

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was EXTREMELY disapointing...

I love all View Askew films except that one

Dr.Strangefate said:

See....now I actually liked "Strike Back". Granted even in the vast alternates of Infinity Earths it'll never be as funny as "Mallrats"...I thought "Strike Back" was funny in a tongue-in-cheek kinda way.

I have all the View Askew films......even the highly underrated Clerks: The Animated Series.

Dr.Strangefate said:

After my first viewing, I would have agreed with you. But the movie has a lot of replayablity and, for me, gets funnier each time.

"That monkey shot me in the *** and paralyzed me. Oh, sweet irony."

And plus it has Eliza Dushku:

eliza_dushku010.jpg

Napolean friggen Dynamite....I want to find the creators and demand that time of my life back. Stupidest movie I've ever seen.

My biggest disappointment, Aeon Flux.... I read it was being made and I sqealed in delight (I was a rabid fangirl of the animated series), then I read that Charlize Theron was going to be Aeon, I damn near had an orgasm. I went to the first showing, and by the and I was like "WTF!?". They changed too much, and to be honest, toned down the violence and sex...and completely changed the history of Bregna and Monica...-mutters- At least Kong was good.

I like Pirates....but i hate Depp... the onlycharacters he can performe good are drunks or freaks.

I never liked Aeon Flux...i think i never understood it õ.o ...Didn't want too anyway, i didn't like the art.

skotti-chan said:
Napolean friggen Dynamite....I want to find the creators and demand that time of my life back. Stupidest movie I've ever seen.

I have resisted all attempts at showing me this crap of a movie, and I shall never see it.

My biggest disappointment, Aeon Flux.... I read it was being made and I sqealed in delight (I was a rabid fangirl of the animated series), then I read that Charlize Theron was going to be Aeon, I damn near had an orgasm. ......

I lost the thread of this after that word, my bad...

Victor Von Doom said:
Maybe you should change your name to IceBIGOTtron!!! :p Let go of the hate.......
What hate? Victor VonBIGOT Doom?

I liked that one, and look forward to the sequel, which the trailer had me laughing.

My thought-rant -

Fight Club - I thought this film was superb until the manhunt ending. It fell apart and to me, left me very unsatisfied. When I saw it, everyone loved it, but I was saying "Why don't I love it? I was really enjoying it until it finished." It's because I thought the ending was poop. For ages I blamed the twist, but it wasn't the twist, it was the direction of the film after the twist. But, yeah, the ending is stupid I think.

Napolean Dynamite - I kinda got the idea of this film - that the mundane is amazing, and the amazing is mundane, or something like that (I was far more eloquent when I had just finished the film) but the only truly laugh-out loud scene was the karate instructor's lesson. Other than that, it was really slow and dullish. But actually, it wasn't too bad. The problem is it's not a very typical genre and it has been hyped as a "laugh-out loud comedy" when it isn't at all. So, I don't know how much of the film was really bad and how much of it was me, being upset that it wasn't a farce. It's like About Schmidt. A wonderful film my sister rented out because it's a "riotous comedy" - but it isn't. It's a full-on drama with some comedic moments. She watched for 30 minutes, wasn't laughing and turned it off. This is why I hate hype. If it's not lying, it's just wrong.

Pirates of the Carribean - Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush are the only reasons why this film is watchable. Insanely mediocre and dull, but Johnny Depp is so unbelievably good and Jack Sparrow is such a marvellous character - the first thing I said after I saw the film is that Depp deserved an Oscar for Sparrow. The writer of the film is stupid. It should've been all about Jack Sparrow. He should've been the protagonist. It should've been Sparrow trying to get the treasure while escaping the navy. A zombie-pirate-western. The outlaw trying to get the treasure while running from the confederacy. **** Bloom and **** Knightely.

Citizen Kane - This film is good, but not the greatest film ever made. The only reason the AFI claims it is, is so that they can say to Hollywood, "You made an art film and you don't even know it." There's a documentary called "J'Accuse Citizen Kane" which points out why Citizen Kane is not a particularly brilliant film, how it's appointment as the 'greatest film of all time' is one based on Hollywood politics, and that even Orson Welles wouldn't agree it's his best film as it bascially means, "You're first film was the best, the rest is ****."

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - Ah, the only View Askew thing (except the Clerks cartoon) I actually still like. Mallrats is less funny each time you watch it and now, I can't even stand to look at it. Chasing Amy is a comedy for 30 minutes before becoming a boring love story. Dogma becomes more conceited with every watching. Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is still funny, I think.

My picks:

Clerks - I never found this remotely appealing. Watching people have conversations I have with my friends isn't meaningful, and putting it in black and white doesn't make it artistic. I don't get what the furor is about this film. I think it's insanely dull.

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels - Not bad, the first ever black comedy farce, but still the acting is atrocious. I don't think it's amazing. I preferred Snatch, though.

Kingdom of Heaven - Another 3 hour epic that could've been told in 90 minutes. Jesus, it's so stupid. Plus, Orlando Bloom cannot act. He actually can't do it. He's no good. Listen to his voice - it never changes. Always the same as if he's reading the script. The film is also stupid. In Ridley Scott's desperate attempt to stop terrorism with his film, he has the big fight for Jerusalem take place like this - Orlando Bloom is a good guy who wants to live peacefully, and while he has Jerusalem now, he'll give it up if it means saving lives. Salahadin, the general of the Muslims, wants Jerusalem, but does not want uneccessary killings. King Gee (or whatever his name is) is Evil (TM). He wants a war just 'cause. Salahadin pretty much destroys him before the siege of Jerusalem. Then we have to sit through 50 minutes of the siege when everyone is restless in their chairs going, "Why don't Bloom and Salahadin just talk it over? Bloom is quite willing to leave, and Salahadin doesn't want to kill them." Then, they talk it over and leave. In Scott's desperate attempt to end war, he forgot to actually put in a proper villain in his film. So we just got a stupid cartoonish villain who gets beaten in every scene he appears in leaving halfway through the film, then two heroes have a fight for no reason. Then Bloom goes home. Bollocks film.

Yeah, the reason why Pirates was good because Jack Sparrow was good. 8)

And Roguefan, maybe you didn't like Love Actually, because it wasn't aimed at your age group? :wink:

And Napoleon Dynamite was okay, but yes, it only had a few funny moments.

"Does the chicken have large talons?"

Nurhachi said:
:shock:

*SLAP*

Lucky for you I'm into that sort of thing.

But I never said it was a bad movie, it was definitely entertaining. I was just disappointed because I thought it was obvious that the director was trying to push the limits too much with how little sense he could make, so I was left somewhat dissatisfied.

Bass said:
Pirates of the Carribean - Johnny Depp and Geoffrey Rush are the only reasons why this film is watchable. Insanely mediocre and dull, but Johnny Depp is so unbelievably good and Jack Sparrow is such a marvellous character - the first thing I said after I saw the film is that Depp deserved an Oscar for Sparrow. The writer of the film is stupid. It should've been all about Jack Sparrow. He should've been the protagonist. It should've been Sparrow trying to get the treasure while escaping the navy. A zombie-pirate-western. The outlaw trying to get the treasure while running from the confederacy. **** Bloom and **** Knightely.

Uh, Jack was the protagonist. He had much more screen time than Bloom, anyway.

I still love this movie. There are quite a few moments that are just pure classics. I actually wasn't too crazy about it the first time I saw it, but liked it a lot more the second time and even more the time after that. I'm really looking forward to the sequels.

I also don't think Bloom's a bad actor. He's not a great actor, but not a bad one either. I think he was perfect for Legolas.

Steve GMan said:
Lucky for you I'm into that sort of thing.

But I never said it was a bad movie, it was definitely entertaining. I was just disappointed because I thought it was obvious that the director was trying to push the limits too much with how little sense he could make, so I was left somewhat dissatisfied.

I didnt understand it the first time i watched it, but i did the second or third time. It does make sense :) It's a very clever movie

Napoleon Dynamite - I chuckled for the first few minutes but after a while I was wondering about what was the point of the movie. I think this movie has the same appeal as the Sims, in which people found the mundanity of life enjoyable. Then again, I didn't like the Sims either, so that may be a reason as well. Jon Heder did really well in his role though, and so did most of the cast. I just didn't like the fact that nothing was really happening.

Resident Evil - The video game franchise was great potential for a creepy zombie movie but instead they turned it into a schizophrenic MTV Matrix flick with zombies. The people who decided to can George Romero as this film's original director deserves to burn in hell.

I really liked Pirates of the Carribean. How many movies based on a amusement park ride would be this fun? The Haunted Mansion was nothing. And if you thought Donnie Darko was weird, try watching Eraserhead or any of David Lynch's other movies.

Last edited:
I can top you all! Three words. "The Cable Guy"

Now to forget this Nightmare. Here's Jessica Alba.
jessica-alba-010.jpg

I had better. But I think, I get band for it. It's as close to X-Rated can be, with out being X-Rated. So just look at this one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back