Do the super villains of mU need to take a step up?

Hammerhead tried to take advantage of the Civil War in the one-shot "Civil War: War Crimes" by Tieri it was pretty good. he pretty much tried to pull what the Hood is doing now.

A c-list loser like Hammerhead is the best the villains of MU could do during CW? The fact that hammerhead's "team" was made up of of Electro and a bunch of Z-list bottom feeders who the pro reg side was able to defeat off pannel, that's pretty sad.

A c-list loser like Hammerhead is the best the villains of MU could do during CW? The fact that hammerhead's "team" was made up of of Electro and a bunch of Z-list bottom feeders who the pro reg side was able to defeat off pannel, that's pretty sad.

though shal't not make fun of Slyde! Slyde is more important than zombie-moses!

They're only c-list becouse theyre writen like that. a villian is a villian that issue was about the street villians(crimelords,etc).

though shal't not make fun of Slyde! Slyde is more important than zombie-moses!

What about DJ jesus?

Last edited:
They're only c-list becouse theyre writen like that. a villian is a villian that issue was about the street villians(crimelords,etc).

Hammerhead didn't come off as an A-list villain when he got his butt kicked off panel by the pro-reg side, exactly how was Hammerhead's feeble attempts supposed to make the villains look good in CW?

Last edited:
That case wasn't with the writer, but with the comic company itself. But I do see your point, which in other cases is very true.

I guess that's like with Bruce Jones run on Hulk. From what I was told, Peter David came on and made everything Jones did into nothing but a dream. That just makes everything like a waste.

Unbelievable. I thought Bruce Jones' run on the Hulk was better than David's.

Very true. Good point.

Maybe I misunderstood - I thought that after Cyborg Superman was defeated, Green Lantern came in and rebuilt it with his ring.

Hal built a ring-powered city that lasted until his ring ran out of battery. He made it up of all of these people in his life that had died long before the Cyborg came along. When he ran out of power and the Guardians called him back to Oa is when he went on his rampage.

Hal built a ring-powered city that lasted until his ring ran out of battery. He made it up of all of these people in his life that had died long before the Cyborg came along. When he ran out of power and the Guardians called him back to Oa is when he went on his rampage.

That actually is pretty good.

That actually is pretty good.

Even though a lot of people hate Emerald Twighlight I feel it was a good story. The writer did everything he did with an editorial decision and I liked the story. Of course I was four when it came out so I read it after realizing that Hal Jordan was alive again.

Engine City was detroyed, true, but Coast City was still gone forever. It was at one point after Final Night turned into a Hal Jordan tribute with a statue and everything and Swamp Thing showed up and grew a garden or something all aorund it. It's only been rebuilt since the start of Johns' Green Lantern run ( about three years ago), and TOG's right in that repercussions are still being felt (no one wants to move there).

DC's really good about having long-lasting repercussions to such events. They sunk San Diego and I don't know if that ever came back. They've done a lot of stuff like that.

Also, with a fictional president they could tell more world and country status-changing stories. I fail to see why Marvel won't adopt a similar policy.

Engine City was detroyed, true, but Coast City was still gone forever. It was at one point after Final Night turned into a Hal Jordan tribute with a statue and everything and Swamp Thing showed up and grew a garden or something all aorund it. It's only been rebuilt since the start of Johns' Green Lantern run ( about three years ago), and TOG's right in that repercussions are still being felt (no one wants to move there).

DC's really good about having long-lasting repercussions to such events. They sunk San Diego and I don't know if that ever came back. They've done a lot of stuff like that.

Also, with a fictional president they could tell more world and country status-changing stories. I fail to see why Marvel won't adopt a similar policy.

Part of it did, but part of it is still underwater.

I want Doom to make a big comeback soon. I figure if Hulk can come back to earth and pretty much take over for a while, why can't Doom? He should leave earth, conquer half of the universe and then come back to add earth to his universe-spanning empire. That's the kind of **** that guys like Doom should do.

I want Doom to make a big comeback soon. I figure if Hulk can come back to earth and pretty much take over for a while, why can't Doom? He should leave earth, conquer half of the universe and then come back to add earth to his universe-spanning empire. That's the kind of **** that guys like Doom should do.

:shock:

Man, World War Doom would have been great.

Hell yes. That's much better. And you know what? It's actually good to have the villain of a Marvel crossover actually be a supervillain, and not some hero who got dissed by another hero.

Because apparently, Marvel thinks superheroes are pissy whiners who throw tantrums all the ****ing time.

Hell yes. That's much better. And you know what? It's actually good to have the villain of a Marvel crossover actually be a supervillain, and not some hero who got dissed by another hero.

Because apparently, Marvel thinks superheroes are pissy whiners who throw tantrums all the ****ing time.

Would WWD be like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, where Doom forms his own super villain team to help him take over the universe?

Would WWD be like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, where Doom forms his own super villain team to help him take over the universe?

No. Doom doesn't need his own supervillain team. He's smarter than all of them, and if he goes around conquering planets then he can force their occupants into military service somehow, not to mention attain resources to build an almost limitless army of Doombots. What the hell do you need with Ulysses Klaw or Arcade when you can do that?

In fact, maybe the supervillains of earth will start pitching in on the fight against Doom when he comes a' callin'.

Last but not least, Reed Richards needs to get his ticket punched in this battle. Otherwise it's worthless. Doom MUST defeat his longtime archrival.

No. Doom doesn't need his own supervillain team. He's smarter than all of them, and if he goes around conquering planets then he can force their occupants into military service somehow, not to mention attain resources to build an almost limitless army of Doombots. What the hell do you need with Ulysses Klaw or Arcade when you can do that?

In fact, maybe the supervillains of earth will start pitching in on the fight against Doom when he comes a' callin'.

Last but not least, Reed Richards needs to get his ticket punched in this battle. Otherwise it's worthless. Doom MUST defeat his longtime archrival.

Yeah,But that be like Joker finally beating batman or Luthor superman.

Afterall doom is smart..but reed has always been smarter.

Latest posts

Back