Do you have faith in Bendis for the future of USM? (Spoilers!)

Do you have faith in Bendis' future for Ultimate Spider-Man

• Total voters
(but then again, Spider-Man beating a dead squirrel with a stick would have been a step up from the Clone Saga)

VFD, you're supposed to welcome new members, no matter how different their opinions are from yours!

I have no hope for Benis

:lol:

I honestly have more hope for USP than I have in a LONG time...

I love that you call Ultimate Spider-Man USP whereas (mostly) everyone else calls it USM. (Some people also like to call it "that steaming pile of dog **** I keep in my basement until I decide to have a yardsale.")

Call me crazily optimistic...but after reading #111----I say yes. I have high hopes for this title to rekindle it's former glory.

I love the naive optimism of this thread title. It makes me laugh every time it's resurrected.

I love the naive optimism of this thread title. It makes me laugh every time it's resurrected.

Read #111 and tell me you don't have any hopes.

I don't know....maybe it's just me. But I still do.

Last edited:
Read #111 and tell me you don't have any hopes.

I don't know....maybe it's just me. But I still do.

I will try it, definitely....but I have to say it will take a lot. This book has been so bad for so long.

Don't go into it expecting brilliance.....but expect it to be better than other past failures.

That's part of the problem though. It NEEDS some brilliance. I said it has been so bad for so long...that's not true. It has been so mediocre for so long, with a few really, really bad stories. Coming out of tremendous crappiness with mediocrity doesn't do it.

But yeah, I will read the issue as soon as I have a change.

That's part of the problem though. It NEEDS some brilliance. I said it has been so bad for so long...that's not true. It has been so mediocre for so long, with a few really, really bad stories. Coming out of tremendous crappiness with mediocrity doesn't do it.

But yeah, I will read the issue as soon as I have a change.

I don't disagree. But this issue way way better than mediocre.

I also could still be giddy from Immonen art, so...............

The only big disappointment I have with Ultimate Spider-Man is the Hobgoblin. Why did it need to be so.....big. I understand why the Green Goblin was/is big. But the Hobgoblin, come on. There no need for it. Plus, the version of the "Hobgoblin" on issue #73 was so much better than the version we got in the comic.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back