Do you have faith in Bendis for the future of USM? (Spoilers!)

Do you have faith in Bendis' future for Ultimate Spider-Man

• Total voters
It would have been great if Bendis didn't run out of steam and just continue for the record... So, yea, I would agree.

I had this crazy idea after seeing Spider-Man 3 last night.

It was Bendis embracing the symbiote,emo hair, dancing-in-the-street Peter and making Ultimate Peter just like that.

I think I would die inside.

I think Ultimate Knights is decent. While I pretty much either hated or shrugged off most of the USM arcs since Carnage (Except for Warriors), I thought we got some decent concepts out of it. For instance, despite how the arc fizzled out, I liked how Harry became the Hobgoblin. I like the growing conspiracy of Roxxon. And, despite most of the arc being trash, I LOVE Ultimate Spider-Woman. I think it's getting better. Hell, even the preview for USM 110 looked pretty solid.

Last two ones have been great and Ultimate spider-man (besides ultimate six) has never sucked and has always been gold and the IMO the strongest series out now

Last two ones have been great and Ultimate spider-man (besides ultimate six) has never sucked and has always been gold and the IMO the strongest series out now

Heh. It's odd that you mention that, as Ultimate six is probably my favorite USM story, and I thought the last two arcs may have been the worst. Different tastes, I guess.

Heh. It's odd that you mention that, as Ultimate six is probably my favorite USM story, and I thought the last two arcs may have been the worst. Different tastes, I guess.

My favourite is the first 2 Goblin arcs

Agreed.

Re: Do you have faith in Bendis for the future of USM?

I guess you didn't read Deadpool.
And Ultimate X-Men: The Most Dangerous Game.

You're wrong because The Most Dangerous Game was one of the best mother****ing arcs of the series.

okay.

So after the most recent arc... I honestly have more hope for USP than I have in a LONG time...

Ultimate Knights was the best arc since Venom popped up for the first time.

okay.

So after the most recent arc... I honestly have more hope for USP than I have in a LONG time...

Ultimate Knights was the best arc since Venom popped up for the first time.

I'm going to have to disagree. There was so much wrong with Ultimate Knights.

Usually, Bendis' Kingpin stuff is fantastic, but this just didn't work, even as a self-contained story. Parts of it were okay, but for the most part it was a weak attempt at a team up story.

Re: Do you have faith in Bendis for the future of USM?

You're wrong because The Most Dangerous Game was one of the best mother****ing arcs of the series.

I agree whole-heartedly, Proj. Ultimate Squirrel, how could you not like The Most Dangerous Game?

I lost most of my confidence in Bendis during "Deadpool" (I was willing to hope it would get better up until that point, and then suddenly realised that it wasn't), and any hope I had left was shattered by Clone Sage. Ultimate Knights was decent, and certainly a step up from the Clone Sage (but then again, Spider-Man beating a dead squirrel with a stick would have been a step up from the Clone Saga), but overall was just kind of a mess. So, in brief- no. I have no hope for Benis, unless seeing Immonen's great work gives him the kick in the pants he needs to step it up a notch. Or twelve.

Latest posts

Back