Avengers Do you hope the Initiative suceeds or fails?

Do you hope the Initiative suceeds or fails?

• Suceeds

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Fails

Votes: 14 63.6%

• Total voters

The Overlord

Personally I hope it fails. I think Stark has too much power at the moment and this power has allowed himself to become arrogant. This may make him sloppy in the long run. Frankly I think he needs a lesson in humility to be a good superhero again.

I would love to see a super villain completely destory Tony's 100 idea plan, forcing tony to realize the error of his ways. Frankly Tony's need for organization and control can be weakness as well as strength. A villain with good computer skills put a real dent in Tony's armour, so to speak. Said villain could overide the anno controls enslaving the T-bolt villains and have a an army of villains ready to strike at heroes or said villain could his his skills to hack into the SHIELD database and get secret IDs of every registered hero. There many ways for Tony's little empire to crash and burn.

But any way which option do you pick?

I remember in the first arc of The New Avngers it seem SHIELD was very corrupt, I'm not sure what became of that but I dont want an outside force take down the initiative but for it to fall from the insider, showing the exact reason why Cap was against it. Think about one agency controlling the majority of super humans that has to do what they say.

The idea of militarizing super people is doomed. I give it a year or two to collapse.

My money's on it starting out nice and good...then Hulk lands on it and beats everyone's ***.

Now by succeed or fail....do you mean the idea itself within the 616 or as a comic line itself?

Because technically----I hope both succeed.

I was always on the side of pro-registration. It was a needed thing. And the idea of a superteam in each state to serve as quick response heroes is brilliant. No longer will people in California have to wait for the Avengers to travel across the state in order to stop a Hydra attack. Now we have an organized team of heroes right there. Blah blah blah....

In terms of a business plan----I hope it succeeds because this should provide some interesting stories for the next 6-7 months. Coupled with WWH coming up....it looks like a good time to be a Marvel fan.

My money's on it starting out nice and good...then Hulk lands on it and beats everyone's ***.

That's what makes the Initiative titles so weak. It's hard to get excited about something when you know when and how it's going to end.

Unless WWH really is restricted to a few titles, in which I will regain the respect for Quesada that the Ultimates 2 #13 situation took away.

I honestly hope that the Initiative succeeds. Not because I particularly like the idea, but because of the story opportunities it opens up. Then again, I don't really like either Avengers title right now.

I put succeeds. And with the preview on IGN, this MVP character is interesting. It's basically what if Cap America started now, at this time in 616 history. I hope they flesh him out.

Fails, if only because I want to see how it would be written. :p

Although I would totally love a book about an Initiative super team that's stationed in a state where nothing ever ever ever happens... *cough*GLA/Xongoing*cough*

Bumping this thread partly to accept my internet slap and also because I want to get other people's opinions on this, now that we've seen the Initiative in action for a bit. I still think it needs to fail.

Also... the Initiative is doing well so far against their own people, but how do you think they'd fare against a big threat, like Galactus or Doctor Doom or an equally well-organized (go ahead and suggest that HYDRA or AIM are well-organized, I could use a laugh) evil threat?

I'm with Lil Brother -- I don't mind seeing initial successes, with hints that everything is not quite right, in the background. But in the long term, I'd much rather read a story about why the program unravels, and why it's not feasible to have a universe where superheroes are under government jurisdiction.

If you want to see the Initiative succeed, read The Authority, or any other late-90s 'wide screen' Widlstorm book. Heck, even Brubaker's The Authority: Revolution, from a couple of years ago.

All the best stories about superheroes working for the government have already been told. The only difference with the Initiative is that it's using established Marvel characters (which, to me, seems more like a limit rather than a possibility, because writers are more inclined not to do anything drastic to a character who has a dedicated following).

Fails.

The idea of a government-sanctioned superhero team in every state is remarkably retarded.

Fails.

The idea of a government-sanctioned superhero team in every state is remarkably retarded.

I think it's an interesting idea and has potential, but Marvel will fail at trying to do it.

I think it's an interesting idea and has potential, but Marvel will fail at trying to do it.

The conflict in the implementation is interesting, but the idea itself is stupid.

Civil War was a decent story, but not because the Registration Act was cool.

I wonder how much non-Americans actually understand about what's going on and in the comics' American politics and states and stuff like that. . .

Latest posts

Back